Forums

Topic: Metroid Dread

Posts 301 to 320 of 862

MarioBrickLayer

@NintendoByNature Thanks! I had an issue with Nintendo UK, they wouldn't let me update my card details as it had expired between pre-ordering in June/July and now, so I ordered a copy for Smyths, which is a toy company in the UK. They had it listed for delivery tomorrow but the courier decided to deliver today for some reason!

Were Walmart doing pre-orders? Are they expecting stock?

MarioBrickLayer

NintendoByNature

@MarioBrickLayer unfortunately walmart doesn't do in-store pre-orders. You can do it online, but after the fiasco I had with skyward sword, I'd rather not.

The only reason I continue to buy through Walmart is because they offer a solid discount on all switch games. Standard copies of $60.00 games go for $49.99 on day one. So usually I walk in and grab it off the shelf pending they have stock that day.

NintendoByNature

MarioBrickLayer

@NintendoByNature Cool, have you worked out when they usually put new stock on the shelves? ASDA in the UK (used to be owned by Walmart) were putting Nintendo Switches on the shelves as midnight on the day of release in their 24/7 stores.

MarioBrickLayer

reporterdavid

@MarioBrickLayer allright, looks nice graphically.

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

NintendoByNature

@MarioBrickLayer I've found each store does if differently and sometimes they slack on getting it out day one. I'm hoping it's not the case, so fingers crossed I stop by tomorrow afternoon and its there!

NintendoByNature

MarioBrickLayer

@reporterdavid I work from home and have some stuff to finish this afternoon so I don't want to open it yet, but the art on the back looks great too.

MarioBrickLayer

Octane

Considering my Joy Con are drifting harder than a drunk Fast & Furious driver on a wet road, I'll be playing this mainly on the telly. I'm curious how it holds up. I haven't seen a lot of it yet, but every time I think of it, I picture the 3DS Metroid game blown up on my TV lol.

Octane

Xenjamin

God i hope the game unlocks when it turns midnight tonight (bought digitally) !

3DS Friend Code: 0061-1555-0735
Nintendo Network ID: direth1105

Xenjamin

@SeaFishelle if thats correct then BOO for me! I remember some other games unlocking at 00.00, Xenoblade X for example.

Xenjamin

@SeaFishelle right makes sense. Man i was hoping to play at midnight (my time) oh well not a biggie ill have it when i wake up

Tendo64

Less than two and a half hours until I get my hands on it.

Just a warning - anyone trawling YouTube for online reviews, beware of the GameSpot one - a lot of pissed off people in the comments saying it was too revealing of the game. Luckily my brain was in neutral when I had it on and really didn't take any of it in.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

tekoii

2 days Until the DREAD! The Metroid HYPE is STRONK
Here's my animated box-art. For:

Metroid Zero Mission
Untitled
On release date I'll post me Metroid Fusion boxart!

@tendo64 Thanks for the heads-up! That sounds really awful to get spoiled by a review. Not surprised at the angry comments and all. I'm sure the comment section there may look like a train-wreck met a dumpster fire. Definitely trying to lay low and steer clear of them spoilers tho ><;

Edited on by tekoii

🍄 MK8D â–ļī¸ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

MarioBrickLayer

OK, so I've played for about an hour and I love it!

It lives up to its name! I'm sat in the dark playing it on the TV, the graphics are great, the movement/control is great, the atmosphere is great, going up against an EMMI is great, it got my heart racing trying to get away from one, I'm sat here with a massive grin on my face! This could really live up to the hype!

Edited on by MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

@tekoii Thanks! It will be good when everyone else has it and this can be a discussion thread, I don't want to post anything which will spoil it for anyone.

MarioBrickLayer

tekoii

@MarioBrickLayer For sure enjoy dude! I just hope mine arrives tomorrow cause I got plans with the family for all of Saturday </3. I wanted it to be a full Dread weekend but hey family first always

🍄 MK8D â–ļī¸ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Tendo64

tekoii wrote:

@MarioBrickLayer For sure enjoy dude! I just hope mine arrives tomorrow cause I got plans with the family for all of Saturday </3. I wanted it to be a full Dread weekend but hey family first always

I'd be telling the family to get stuffed. đŸ¤Ŗ

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

OorWullie

I just bought it off the Eshop earlier. I'll be playing it as soon as it goes live. Can't wait!

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

JoyBoy

I'll be picking it up in the morning

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Xenjamin

@SeaFishelle unlocked for me now 00.00 in Sweden so i guess its midnight wherever you live!! YES!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic