Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 1,601 to 1,620 of 2,142

vio

Sydney Sprint is the biggest surprise to me. That course is awesome!

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

Tasuki

Played the new tracks the other day and I am not impressed with this round of DLC. I don't know if it's me but the mushrooms in mushroom gorge don't feel as bouncy as they did in the Mario Kart Wii. The Sydney track was ok and I wasn't big on the Sundae one. I did like the update they did on Coconut Mall though.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

WiiWareWave

@Tasuki I thought it was a HUGE step up from Wave 1. The courses look nicer, seem to have less bugs and technical issues, and in-general are quite good. There were 3-4 good tracks in Wave 1 whereas Wave 2 easily has 6-7 good to great courses. The only one I'm not a big fan of is Sky High Sundae, but it's still a decent enough course.

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

JoeDiddley

It might be that my expectations were lower after wave 1 but I also thought wave 2 was much more fun to play through and a decent selection of tracks this time.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

TommyTendo

I think Wave 2 was all right.
The ones I appreciate the most are Waluigi Pinball, Mushroom Gorge and the new Sundae level.
The SNES/GBA courses feels so... basic. It's not like what they did with those stages in the base game, where they felt completely new and fresh.

vio

@Tasuki To each their own. I think it is a substantial improvement over Wave 1. I can't comment on the bounciness as I haven't played the Wii version of Mushroom Gorge in years, but it seems perfectly fine to me. Sydney Sprint is great! It is very lengthy and I love all the sights and different routes. And that music is bangin! It was a big surprise to me and my favorite of the bunch. Now give me my beloved Maple Treeway! I've wanted that track in Mario Kart 8 since I first got the game on my Wii U way back in 2014 and after years and years of waiting it is almost here..

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

Fizza

Finally got around to playing Wave 2 (I've had a very busy week please don't judge me) and I'll have my thoughts on each of the individual tracks up once I've played on them a bit more but my opinion after playing on each track a single time? It's very, VERY good but I felt like it lacked a bit of the 'wow' factor from the first wave, you know?

Sky High Sundae is amazing though, easily one of my favourite new tracks.

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

WaterKirby_64

Here are my rankings for Wave 1 of the Booster Course Pass:
1. GBA Sky Garden
2. N64 Choco Mountain
3. 3DS Toad Circuit
4. Wii Coconut Mall
5. DS Shroom Ridge
6. Tour Ninja Hideaway
7. Tour Paris Promenade
8. Tour Tokyo Blur

Here are my rankings for Wave 2 of the Booster Course Pass:
1. GBA Snow Land
2. Tour Sydney Sprint
3. Sky-High Sundae
4. DS Waluigi Pinball
5. Tour New York Minute
6. Wii Mushroom Gorge
7. N64 Kalimari Desert
8. SNES Mario Circuit 3

WaterKirby_64

Switch Friend Code: SW-2284-8729-3596 | My Nintendo: WK1964

Banjo-

SNES Mario Circuit 3 is one of my favourites, this kind of circuits are fun to race with no gimmicks, although the music is the worst version of Mario Circuit this far. There should be at least one type of SNES circuit in MK8DX.

Banjo-

MarioVillager92

@Tasuki @vio
I played Mario Kart Wii fairly recently and I thought the mushrooms are just as bouncy as they've always been. So I thought it was perfectly fine. I loved wave 2's courses overall...and yeah, I'd love to see Maple Treeway as well!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Fizza

@MarioLover92 On the topic of Wii tracks, you want to know which one I'd like to see come back the most (excluding the obvious of Rainbow Road)? Moonview Highway.
Untitled
This was one of the first 'city' tracks I ever played in Mario Kart and god what an introduction. The layout, the changing scenery and driving terrain, the lighting, the different cars, THE MUSIC.

All of it was so, so good and what contributed to make Wii's Special Cup my current favourite (out of the ones I've played of course). I know what I'm about to say may be considered sacrilege but honestly: I would've much preferred to see this one come back than Toad's Turnpike, even for how iconic that track is. Moonview Highway absolutely rocks.

MarioVillager92

@Fizza I loved Moonview Highway as well! That's one of the courses I'd want to see make a comeback for the BCP. Mario Kart Wii had a lot of awesome tracks, honestly - Toad's Factory, DK Summit, Koopa Cape, and even Daisy Circuit are what I'd like to see too!

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Grumblevolcano

@Fizza I'd honestly prefer it over Wii Rainbow Road, Moonview Highway is a cool course that I didn't get to play much online. Most wanted Wii track would be DK's Snowboard Cross.

The Rainbow Road I'd like to see the most is Super Circuit's one. It was a really cool touch that a number of tracks were inspired by Paper Mario, the ones that come to mind are:

• GBA Boo Lake
  • GBA Rainbow Road
  • GCN Dry Dry Desert (we already have this in MK8)
  • Wii Dry Dry Ruins

Super Circuit was developed by Intelligent Systems so the Paper Mario crossover was kind of like how Retro Studios developing MK7 resulted in 3DS DK Jungle.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

Next track for Tour is GBA Bowser Castle 3:

Sadly the track doesn't have the unique background the GBA original and Wii remaster has.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

Next tour track is N64 Luigi Raceway, Tour now has all the tracks that appeared in MK7 except Melody Motorway/Music Park, DK Jungle and the 2 Wuhu tracks.

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

The Mii racing suits trailer just confirmed SNES Ghost Valley 2 for the current tour (previously it was only known N64 Luigi Raceway was being added). Nice seeing the MKWii retro tracks are being delved into a lot more recently.

Grumblevolcano

Vivianeat

Removed - unconstructive

Gordon Ramsay has a Nintendo Switch.

Fizza

Well we have a release window now at least! Can't say we had that for the last one....

The new tracks look great. Merry Mountain looks both infectiously jolly and absolutely gigantic and Peach Gardens was a personal favourite of mine from DS so glad to see them both here.

Also, one thing I noticed when rewatching the trailer was this moment right here:
Untitled
ARE THEY BRINGING THE TRICK RAMPS FROM WII BACK!? IN THAT CASE, DK SNOWBOARD CROSS PLEASE.

MarioVillager92

@Fizza I can already tell that I'm gonna love, love, love Merry Mountain! It looks like such a fun course and I love the holiday theme. I did see there's a train chugging around the course, I could imagine Toads riding it, and they'd throw in presents that contain coins or items. Peach Gardens is one of my favorites, as well.

Fizza

@MarioLover92 I cannot get enough of Christmas-themed levels. Especially around Christmas, they fill me with so much serotonin from just the sight of them. I can't wait for the music as well, we caught a tiny snippet of it in the trailer and it sounds great. Any Christmassy game music makes me happy though, I have an entire YT playlist dedicated to songs like that XD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic