Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 2,144

Anti-Matter

Honestly, I didn't even react with Wave 3 announcement like the additional tracks should be for next Mario Kart game, not for 8 Deluxe.
I already lost the enthusiast about this game.
This is one of Nintendo's strategy that I do not like honestly, brought back the attention of the game that already 5 years old since Switch release and add something unnecessary that can be done for next installment.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Fizza Oh I agree for sure, I love Christmas-themed levels as well. Makes me feel all festive and everything, lol! I also love listening to snow music from various Mario games while I decorate for Christmas. I wouldn't be surprised if Merry Mountain turns out to be my favorite course from wave 3... it probably will be! <3

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Croctopus

I only recently starting playing Mario Kart Tour again and haven't played Merry Mountain, but if I loved the Christmas-themed snowy tracks in Diddy Kong Racing back on Nintendo 64, I should love this. It was a given that this track would be coming this holiday season or the next, so I'm glad it's this one!

Whirling Octoling

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

PikaPhantom

@Fizza About DK Summit/DK's Snowboard Cross...

It's coming, as it appears in a datamined banner for the pass featuring more tracks than the one they currently use; this banner also leaked Sky-High Sundae in advance, as well as Amsterdam Drift and Bangkok Rush before those tracks debuted in Tour. DK Summit was my favorite in Wii, so I'm stoked now that we have confirmation of halfpipes being brought into 8 Deluxe since that means they probably won't butcher it

PikaPhantom

Grumblevolcano

Peach Gardens is an odd one, it's a good track but given the gradual difficulty increase for the Booster Course Pass it suggests the only possible remaining DS track that could be added is Airship Fortress given Bowser Castles have been avoided so far for MK8 (like the base game got Grumble Volcano and Wii U DLC got Koopa City instead) and Rainbow Road seems to be picked in such a way that the GCN and DS ones stand no chance of appearing. Hopefully a 2nd Booster Course Pass happens which adds tracks like DK Pass and Luigi's Mansion.

Merry Mountain is cool and it's fantastic to see half-pipes return given a bunch of Wii tracks used them (DK's Snowboard Cross, Koopa Cape, Maple Treeway, Dry Dry Ruins, Bowser's Castle, Rainbow Road).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

vio

So if they're adding half pipes to the game now, can they please put them back in Coconut Mall?

Edited on by vio

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

vio

@Anti-Matter To each their own. Feel free to sit back and wait for MK 9, but you're going to be waiting for a long time. The rest of us will enjoy the 48 new tracks. Which BTW costs me nothing anyway since I have the NSO Expansion Pack. I personally could care less about MK 9(or 10 if tour is 9) right now. 8 is old yes, but is still a beast and has aged very well.

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

Grumblevolcano

Switch news section has returned to posting about the Booster Course Pass tracks:

• September 17th - Tour New York Minute
  • September 23rd - SNES Mario Circuit 3

So with this pattern continued (September 17th rather than September 16th was likely a result of real life events):

• September 30th - N64 Kalimari Desert
  • October 7th - DS Waluigi Pinball
  • October 14th - Tour Sydney Sprint
  • October 21st - GBA Snow Land
  • October 28th - Wii Mushroom Gorge
  • November 4th - Sky High Sundae

Final wave 1 course appeared in Switch news section a month before wave 2 released so we're probably looking at early December release for wave 3.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WaterKirby_64

@PikaPhantom How do you the spoiler tag and are we even allowed to talk about Mario Kart leaks?

WaterKirby_64

Switch Friend Code: SW-2284-8729-3596 | My Nintendo: WK1964

WoomyNNYes

@WaterKirby1964 (spoiler)blah blah(/spoiler)

But use [ ] instead of ( )

You can also use the quote button to see what tags are used in people's posts. example

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WaterKirby_64

To all you Mario Kart fans out there, are you aware of the Mario Kart leaks? Like the datamine for Mario Kart Tour, the prefix and music leak for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

WaterKirby_64

Anti-Matter

WaterKirby1964 wrote:

To all you Mario Kart fans out there, are you aware of the Mario Kart leaks? Like the datamine for Mario Kart Tour, the prefix and music leak for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Not at all as I already lost my hype to follow the next tracks added.
My hype is on other games currently.

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

@WaterKirby1964 not aware. Please share

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

StarPoint

@WaterKirby1964 I am aware of that, I believe that this website reported on the leak as well.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Grumblevolcano

Nice to see GBA Snow Land become more popular, I saw it being picked even more often than DS Waluigi Pinball at times.

Grumblevolcano

WaterKirby_64

@Grumblevolcano GBA Snow Land, my no.1 favorite course from the Booster Course Pass and from Mario Kart: Super Circuit

WaterKirby_64

WaterKirby_64

1UP_MARIO wrote:

@WaterKirby1964 not aware. Please share

-Booster Course Pass Music Leak-

Here are the leaked courses that were found through music files via datamine:
Wave 3:
Tour London Loop
DS Peach Gardens
GBA Boo Lake/Broken Pier
3DS Rock Rock Mountain
Tour Berlin Byways
GCN Waluigi Stadium
Tour Merry Mountain
3DS Rainbow Road

Wave 4:
Tour Amsterdam Drift
Tour Singapore Speedway
Tour Los Angeles Laps

Wave 5:
GBA Sunset Wilds
Tour Bangkok Rush

Wave 6:
Tour Vancouver Velocity
Wii Maple Treeway

-Booster Course Pass Prefix Leak-

Wave 3:
Rock Cup: Tour, DS, GBA, 3DS
Moon Cup: Tour, GCN, Unlabelled, 3DS

Wave 4:
Fruit Cup: Tour, Wii, DS, Unlabelled
Boomerang Cup: Tour, GCN, GBA, Tour

Wave 5:
Feather Cup: Tour, Wii, GBA, Tour
Cherry Cup: Tour, GCN, SNES, Unlabelled

Wave 6:
Acorn Cup: Tour, Wii, Unlabelled, Unlabelled
Spiny Cup: Tour, GCN, Unlabelled, Wii

-Mario Kart Tour Datamine-

Here are the leaked courses that were found through datamine:
N64 Luigi Raceway (Officially announced and returned in Mario Kart Tour)
GBA Luigi Circuit
GBA Yoshi Desert
GCN Mushroom Bridge
GCN Daisy Cruiser (Returned in Mario Kart Tour)
GCN Waluigi Stadium
GCN DK Mountain
Wii Toad Factory
FlowerRingMobYI (Yoshi's Island Course)
Bathroom-themed Course

And others

That is all for the Mario Kart Leaks

WaterKirby_64

PikaPhantom

Apparently Tour dataminers have been able to determine a few more tracks headed to that game based on the way course IDs are organized within the files, which is apparently alphabetical. So we have evidence of GBA Boo Lake coming over GBA Broken Pier because the way the tracks are ordered in the files only offers room for the latter and not the former. The course IDs aren't static - for instance, SNES Ghost Valley 3 was previously datamined but currently lacks an ID slot - but it's a good signal of what to expect in Wave 3.
Oh, and to elaborate on Tour's datamines:

* GBA Bowser Castle 4 still seems likely, as a file originally titled PortalPropellerAgbbc was not used for Bowser Castle 3. Granted, it could be for an RMX Bowser's Castle instead

* GCN Mushroom Bridge's objects could also be for GCN Mushroom City - or we might be getting both[/spoiler]
* DS Mario Circuit's Fire Piranha Plants were datamined
* Wii Toad's Factory was not datamined. Conveyors are in the game, but its remaining track objects, like the crushers and tractors, are nowhere to be found.
* Wii Dry Dry Ruins was datamined.
* The 2 Wuhu island tracks were datamined.
* SNES Ghost Valley 3, as previously mentioned, was datamined - it had an environmental file added to the game briefly during the Wario vs. Waluigi Tour
* The ordering of course IDs indicates SNES Koopa Beach 1 is coming
* Mob tracks are Tour's original courses. We need 3 more cities in 8 Deluxe to fill out the Booster Course Pass slots. and Mobat (Athens), Mobmd (Madrid), and Mobor (Orlando?) have the corresponding objects, while Cairo has been teased since launch based on the presence of the pyramids but remains absent
* Additionally, there are several other Mob tracks like Mobdk and Mobnu, though it's unclear if these slots are possibly battle courses, and some might not have unique objects - Sky-High Sundae didn't have any and is Mobib in the files, which wasn't previously discovered as far as I know
* Several courses already in 8 Deluxe have been confirmed through ID order or datamining, namely SNES Donut Plains 3, Wii Grumble Volcano, 3DS Music Park, and 3DS DK Jungle.
* There are also a handful of additional tracks that wouldn't require unique course objects from Tour to be included, and so far, GBA Snow Land and DS Peach Gardens have been added to 8 Deluxe while falling into this camp. There's a chance we could see other tracks like N64 Wario Stadium, GBA Riverside Park or DS Desert Hills (its corresponding objects will be in the game for Grumble Volcano and Dry Dry Ruins) as a result.
[spoiler]* Lastly, in addition to Tour having all of 7's retros, it seems like it is set to receive every DS retro as well. It already has 10, with GBA Luigi Circuit being datamined, GCN Mushroom Bridge seemingly being datamined, and GBA Peach Circuit and GCN Luigi Circuit not requiring any unique objects. N64 Moo Moo Farm and N64 Banshee Boardwalk are the only exceptions to this, but I'm not sure if background cows would need to be programmed in as a unique object for the former, and for the latter, I think it'd just take scripting for the Cheep Cheep/Chomp and the removal of the weird cooler/coffin thing the bats flew out of for it to be a sensible inclusion. I can definitely see both being added.

Edited on by PikaPhantom

PikaPhantom

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic