Forums

Topic: Hogwarts Legacy

Posts 121 to 140 of 211

Reprise

It doesn't need to have a draw distance. It can just run and look like Daytona USA on the Sega Saturn 😂

Reprise

WoomyNNYes

Curious for people's opinions. If Hogwarts runs like Witcher docked, will you buy or pass on Hogwarts Legacy for the Switch?

I only have a Switch, and I think I might pass. We'll see if I have to eat my words when we finally see the switch gameplay.😀
(there's no wrong answer)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

JaxonH

@WoomyNNYes
I think Hogwarts COULD run well on Switch if the right porting developer was behind it.

Unfortunately, we got stuck with a bad one here. And in light of that, combined with the fact it was delayed to holidays (A move that would be expected for a shoddy port to simply sell on brand name during the Christmas rush) all but confirms to me this won't be a version worth getting.

It's unfortunate because again, I think it could run well on Switch given the right talent. But, some games are just better reserved for Steamdeck. I think this will be one of them.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JONOFTHEJONS

@JaxonH Isn’t the porting studio D3T? Has it been confirmed yet?

You only need to know about my many obsessions, which consist of Lego, Fortnite, Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox games, drawing on my Tablet, Dragon Ball Z, My Hero Academia, Thomas The Tank Engine, Star Wars, and Ninjago.

ZeldaFan83

WoomyNNYes wrote:

Curious for people's opinions. If Hogwarts runs like Witcher docked, will you buy or pass on Hogwarts Legacy for the Switch?
I only have a Switch, and I think I might pass. We'll see if I have to eat my words when we finally see the game.😀
(there's no wrong answer)

My wife couldn’t wait until November and just bought it for the PS4. She loves it but couldn’t stand how much it’s been pushed back on switch.

ZeldaFan83

Snatcher

@WaffleBoat hey buddy I don’t agree with her whatsoever, think she is a jerk, I just think Harry Potter is bigger then her, and plus not buying this isn’t going to stop all the ticket sales she’ll get anyway.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Joeynator3000

JaxonH wrote:

@WoomyNNYes
I think Hogwarts COULD run well on Switch if the right porting developer was behind it.

Unfortunately, we got stuck with a bad one here. And in light of that, combined with the fact it was delayed to holidays (A move that would be expected for a shoddy port to simply sell on brand name during the Christmas rush) all but confirms to me this won't be a version worth getting.

It's unfortunate because again, I think it could run well on Switch given the right talent. But, some games are just better reserved for Steamdeck. I think this will be one of them.

The main issue in general, a lot of devs out there decide to cut corners when it comes to the Switch, or even go the pure lazy route with Cloud versions. It sucks, and it makes a lot of people out there think that the Switch is incapable of anything, despite all the games that came out that do run well on it. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Zuljaras

@WaffleBoat that was unnecessary.
I am not against humans but I also do not believe in the self-identification ideology. Just live your life without forcing others to "agree" with you.

Edited on by Zuljaras

Sisilly_G

@Zuljaras : Seconded. I also do not harbour the view that indulging falsehoods is somehow akin to kindness. And I don't appreciate being co-opted into the ideology either.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

jump

All this fuss over toilet etiquette, madness!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Sisilly_G

@Zuljaras : You learn something new about the Pooyoos every day.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Zuljaras

@Link-Hero you are right. Gender dysphoria is not a good thing and we should not encourage it. Thank you for that.

Also it is not harmful to say that I do not agree with self identification.

But this is the Hogwarts Legacy thread so lets continue to talk about the game and not this stuff.

WoomyNNYes

Has anyone played through the story on another platform? How's the combat? Is it all magic casting combat?

'Tendo liker

Joeynator3000

@WoomyNNYes The combat is....alright, it's kinda annoying at times. I haven't gotten too far simply because I'm not a huge PC gamer and I have it on Steam. Aside from the fighting, it okay. I just haven't gotten too far so I haven't seen everything yet, no idea when I'll go back to it with all the other games I'm dealing with...and Pikmin 4 is coming out soon, so, yeah...lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Dom_31

@WoomyNNYes got the platinum trophy on ps5, meaning I actually did EVERYTHING the game has to offer.

Combat is basic but gives you a fairly big amount of options and how you build your character/toolset. It's pretty fun, overall, but even on the highest difficulty it wasn't super difficult or anything. There's lots of interactivity between spells in way of combos but, unfortunately, not much interactivity with the environment. I was actually disappointed that you can't just mess with people outside of combat, would've been fun.

The story is...there. Absolutely nothing to write home about, it's super generic but without making you wish it would just end, I guess. Barely engaging enough to keep you going but not so much that I didn't end up around lv30 or so before I started tackling more story missions. There's a sort of level for collectibles and because I explored for hours upon hours in between the big story beats I ended up having 60-70% of the collection done before the fourth main quest lol

The Star of the game is absolutely the setting. But even then you may want to get it only if you're a big Harry Potter Fan or at the very least read some of the books/saw a couple of the movies. The game is CHOCK-FULL of references to details from both books and movies, you'll recognize many of the ghosts and there's a few characters that are namedropped in the series I believe, or at the very least ancestors of characters who appear or are mentioned in the "main timeline" of the series/the books and movies. Also loads of creatures from the fantastical beasts book.

Without that context? It's a bog Standard ubisoft-openworld, basically, with checklists, kind of generic missions and serviceable gameplay.
As a fan of the setting and story, it's the game I always wanted for Harry Potter with pretty dense World building and so many callbacks that you'll damn near constantly go "oh neat" or just recognize names and places behind every corner of Hogwarts, Hogsmeade and the Highlands in general.

Dom_31

JONOFTHEJONS

I will eat a sheet of paper if Hogwarts Legacy manages to release on the 14th of November.

You only need to know about my many obsessions, which consist of Lego, Fortnite, Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox games, drawing on my Tablet, Dragon Ball Z, My Hero Academia, Thomas The Tank Engine, Star Wars, and Ninjago.

WoomyNNYes

When is the next big gaming event where they might finally show switch footage of Hogwarts?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic