Forums

Topic: Hogwarts Legacy

Posts 201 to 211 of 211

cwong15

@Vader_MIB Yes, there is a substantial download, like TOTK. An annoying trend in Switch games. But I can think of at least one reason for physical media: once you're done playing, you can resell the cartridge. You can't sell your digital download. My cartridge came with a download code for an in-game item that presumably cannot be transferred, but otherwise the game itself can be sold. Also, the download is smaller if half the game image is on-cartridge.

cwong15

WoomyNNYes

Got Hogwarts Legacy Deluxe Edition before the 30% off sale ended on eshop. I was a bit skeptical the game would be good, but it's actually pretty darn good. Impressive in some aspects. Played for 6-8 hours so far.

Ug! Doing the quest, Secrets of the Forbidden Section that starts with Sebastian. I got to the end of the quest (I think), but now I'm stuck here. Apparently, getting to this point is supposed to trigger a cutscene, but it didn't trigger. Although, I see on reddit that it could work if I redo the quest. I guess I'll redo the quest. Really fun quest, though.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Eel

So, does it play well on switch?

I overspent during the holidays so I won’t be buying it any time soon, but I do keep an eye on it.

Maybe when I do decide to buy it, it’ll be even cheaper

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

WoomyNNYes

@Eel I think it plays well. Much of the Hogwarts & Hogsmeade environments are so detailed like the movie, and the movie quality music really adds to the feel, it's great! The first main quest I'm doing is like playing a movie. I love it. I could totally sit and watch a friend play at times.

But you have an Xbox Series S, right? If I had a Series X, or Series S, thats where I'd play it. I only play the Switch version on TV - I can't speak for handheld mode. (I saw some youtube Switch walkthroughs that had frame rate issues. I have not seen those frame rate issues. I assume they were patched. The game has been pleasantly playable.)

I don't know if there's an advantage to buying the Deluxe Edition, that's what I got. It was on sale for $50 USD, regular price $70. I haven't used any of the Dark Arts gear it gives you. I haven't even seen it yet, actually. Or if I have access to it, I avoided it, because I don't know if wearing Dark Arts wizard gear will affect the story. Maybe it doesn't?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Eel

@WoomyNNYes hm that’s right. Though to be honest I only really play on the tv when I want to record gameplay. 95% of my gaming is on the switch lite or other such portable device.

But it’s a good point. I definitely could get a better version.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

WoomyNNYes

In post #217, above, I mentioned getting stuck in a room at the end of an early main quest because the game was failing to trigger a cutscene. Restarting the quest fixed it. This time, I got the cutscene & the end of the quest. Yay!

@Eel

'Tendo liker

cwong15

I've not progressed the story much myself, but I'm having a great time with this game. I did complete the quest that WoomyNNYes had trouble with, without glitches. It's good at immersing you in the Harry Potter universe. It's really good at sourcing details from the books and movies. There's a side quest involving gobstones: would you even remember what they are from the books, let alone ponder the social consequences of playing them? The spell names are familiar. Crafting mechanics are nicely folded into herbology and potions. Peeves and his mischief, the individual house ghosts, feast at the Great Hall, the Sorting Hat ... it's all there. I'm impressed that this game is fully voiced, including all the side quests. Part of me wishes there was no story so I could just spend all my time living the Hogwarts student life and mischief.

IMHO, the graphics and performance are pretty good for a Switch game. Since that's the only current console I have, I'm not really missing anything. In Hogwarts, most doors open instantly or with a 1-2s pause, depending on how well the game guesses and preloads your next room. Only Hogsmeade so far is problematic, with 15-20s pauses entering and exiting shops. But that's a small part of the overall game experience.

cwong15

SwitchForce

I'll get to this sooner or later just that Palia is time consuming me now.

SwitchForce

WoomyNNYes

@SwitchForce Given that it got 30% for the Standard version and the Deluxe version on eshop one month after release on the Switch, you probably won't have to wait long for another sale.

.....looks on deku deals, before posting 🤣

Lol, standard edition just went back on sale on eshop, 30% off. Amazing😁 The sale for the deluxe version just ended on the 15th.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

cwong15

I just finished the main story part of the game. I never 100% my games, but I would like to know: is there significant replay potential for this game? I imagine there could be at least some minor variations since at least one part of the main story in my case could only be initiated from my house (Hufflepuff) common room.

Is there potential to vary the Sebastian story? Unlike the other student story lines (Natsoi, Poppy) his story at this point feels incomplete and unsatisfying, even with the post-story dialog.

cwong15

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic