Forums

Topic: imMoRtaLs FEnYx RisINg (𝓖𝓸𝓭𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓜𝓸𝓷𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓼)

Posts 101 to 120 of 205

Pirate1

@rockodoodle I hope you enjoy it! This game has more than scratched my BoTW 2 itch, it’s more of a cortizone cream that soothes the itch for a little bit at a time (it’s pretty easy to get lost in playing and exploring, which I love).

Edited on by Pirate1

Pirate1

JaxonH

@Pirate1
Lol, the “cortisone cream of video games” 😂

@rockodoodle
Some people get emotionally attached to certain games, to the extent they’ll attempt to sling mud at any game that dares imitate it’s design. I love Zelda, but it’s for that very reason I’m so engaged with this game. It’s so good. It’s the first game since BotW that successfully delivers on that trademark formula, and I love it.

Who cares if it’s innovative? Most games I play aren’t innovative. I just want something fun. And Immortals is most definitely that. The more I play the more I fall in love with it.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rockodoodle

I saw two YouTubers review it who both think the game is way better than it gets credit for. It looks fun. I just hope it doesn’t get too complex and or difficult.....l

rockodoodle

JaxonH

@rockodoodle
It’s about as complex as Zelda. I mean, it’s more complex than a platformer but, overall relatively straight forward.

@korosanbo
I don’t think it forces you to, but it’s easier to just link your Ubisoft account once, and then it auto connects in every Ubisoft game, which helps you earn UPlay coins as you play their games and complete certain challenges/missions in game. Those coins can then redeem exclusive content, accessible from the menu of any of their games. So ya, I’d just get it set up, sign in once when you boot up the game, then you never have to deal with it again for any Ubisoft game moving forward.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Swiftstorm

I feel like I finally found a mash-up of my greatest memories of playing AC, WoW, Crackdown, Jak & Daxter, Fable 2 and Zelda.
The dialogue is charming and keep the balance between engaging and obnoxious. The gameplay and general combat is fun and just works. And the exploration is fun. Love how the stamnia system feels less like a punishment for having fun here than in the shoes of Link.
Music is great and visual are just good enough to make it still feel like a good version of the game.
It's been ages since I played a game
like this. Maybe I'm wrong, but I love this.
Also NO BREAKING WEAPONS! Yes, I'm looking at you BoTW.

Swiftstorm

kkslider5552000

Swiftstorm wrote:

Also NO BREAKING WEAPONS! Yes, I'm looking at you BoTW.

Oh BOTW. Without mentioning that, I would've never thought about breaking weapons in association with that game on this Nintendo forum. Especially since no one has ever brought up BOTW when talking about this game.

"I'm sick of italian plumbers hurting turtles. Looking at you, Super Mario!"

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JaxonH

I was so into Sniper Elite 4, then Immortals released. I was so into Immortals, then Doom Eternal released! I can’t stop playing!

This is the trinity of the Holidays. It’s where it’s at. This Christmas break is gonna be all about sniping, fighting Greek gods and, of course, ripping and tearing.

Tasuki

@Octane @Eel You might want to retype the title of this thread if you search Immortals Fenyx Rising is doesn't come up. I think it's due to the font.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

JaxonH

Aren’t search results based on keywords entered at time of creation? And any linked games? Every time I create a new thread, it asks me to add up to 5 keywords for searches and then link any game it’s about.

Edited on by JaxonH

toiletduck

@Tasuki @Eel there's still about 40 other reasons to edit the title to something more readable 😌

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

jump

@toiletduck With it's horrible new name why would you want to read it? ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Eel

I had actually made it look normal for a bit, but I guess the people demanded the FuNnY NamE because someone changed it back.

I did take the liberty of making the old title look all fancy and pretty though. How's that?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

toiletduck

@jump hehe fair enough!

@Eel thanks for the effort. Group pressure is a

Edited on by Eel

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Henmii

The reviewer on this site didn't do the game any justice: Sure the game nicked lots of botw (even the bloodmoon, here called Typhon's wrath), but that doesn't make it a bad game. Its just as addicting as botw!

10 hours in I have only done a few vaults, I have mostly explored and solved some puzzles. And I have almost done the entire Hepaistos quest. That was very hard, and probably one of the quests I should have done later. As a different user said on this site: No breakable weapons and a more pleasant stamina system.

The game looks pretty nice, the music is awesome (made by the Ori composer), exploring is fun, lots of puzzles, lots of secrets, lots of upgrading, battles feel much better then in botw. What I especially love is all the puzzles ON THE OVERWORLD! That's something that was missing from botw, there the only puzzles on the overworld where Korok related. The game doesn't have proper dungeons, though the forge of Hepastios might come close. The only thing that's divisive are the characters and dialogue. I mean the dialogue is hit or miss with the humor. But that's also because its delivered with bad looking characters and very bad and fake voice-acting. Especially the voice of Fenyx is terrible. Also you really need to log in with a Ubisoft account the first time you play the game, wich might be a problem for some. As for performance: It plays like a dream. It only crashed once on me so far, and that was on the title-screen. It seems it was very bad before the first update, but now its great. I might even download the season-pass someday, but I might wait till a 50% discount. The biggest difference with botw is that you can immediately go loose, while botw really starts as a survival game (you know, low stamina, weak weapons, hard enemies).

To put is shortly

pro's:

big openworld that's fun to explore
puzzles on the overworld
lots to upgrade
lots of secrets
fun battles
no breakable weapons
more fun stamina system
can be a pretty hard game
nice graphics
nice music
good performance

contra's

you need a Ubisoft account the first time you play the game
characters look rubbish
voices are terrible with bad accents
humor is really hit or miss

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Ryu_Niiyama

Geez it is hard to find the gold edition for Switch physical. My hope was to wait for a price drop but it is so hard to find the version that I want so I may just have to buy it as soon as I see it.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Since the gold edition is just the normal edition with a code for the season pass, you could always buy the normal edition and then buy the season pass separately. With the game being $49.99 on Amazon, it would come out to be the exact same price.

Just a thought...

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH gold edition comes with some bonus skins and a quest. I don’t know if they are for sale in the game but ubisoft sticks to it when it comes to locking content behind a paywall. Still cant get ezio’s armor in AC:O due to it being tied to a free play weekend.

I wouldn’t care if the Switch version wasn’t so hard to find which suggests a low press number.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic