Forums

Topic: imMoRtaLs FEnYx RisINg (𝓖𝓸𝓭𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓜𝓸𝓷𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓼)

Posts 121 to 140 of 205

MPSSislit

@Ryu_Niiyama
Honestly, I would wait just a few months, as the Standard Edition and Gold Edition will probably be on sale once the initial hype dies down, and Ubisoft games in general tend have a sale (or price drop) after 3 - 6 months.

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Ryu_Niiyama

@SM3DASislit my concern is about actually finding the gold edition.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

MPSSislit

@Ryu_Niiyama
Oh, okay.
That's why I was saying to wait, as Ubisoft will probably be able to have more stock on a consistent basis, once the launch hype dies down. Also, you could just check on Amazon to see if they have it physically.
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear before.

As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Ryu_Niiyama

@SM3DASislit i’ve already checked. That was why I made my initial comment/observation in the first place. The gold edition for the Switch is hard to find in general. GS, BB and Amazon are sold out which again suggests a small press size, as I really doubt that the majority of sales are coming from Switch owners buying a 100 dollar copy of the game. I’ll figure out what I want to do when I find a copy in stock. I addressed the price drop and the fact that I couldn’t find the version that I wanted in my initial comment.

Didn’t mean to derail the thread everyone.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

MPSSislit

@Ryu_Niiyama
Oh, dang. I didn't realize it was sold out everywhere. Thanks for letting me know.
I feel like I derailed the thread, since I was the one that was giving the most "advice". So, if anything, I should be the one apologizing. You've seemed to revive this thread, which is good IMO.
I personally don't like to see dead threads (especially for games that just released in the past year).
Anyways, good luck with finding it, and I hope you find the Gold Edition of Immortals Fenyx Rising for Switch sooner rather than later.

As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!

rockodoodle

I like the adjustable difficulty...

rockodoodle

JaxonH

Don’t understand the big deal about one time sign up accounts. Put your email in and hit the A button and play the game. Every Ubisoft game has you do this now. So you’re gonna have to do it eventually unless you want to miss out on every single Ubisoft game moving forward.

If it’s a matter of principle I suppose I can understand, but it’s certainly not a hill I’m willing to die on.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH yea for sure. I was thinking the same. Unless there's something im missing to making a ubi account? I'm genuinely asking, not being sarcastic.

NintendoByNature

chipia

rockodoodle wrote:

How is the difficulty in this game actually? Are the higher difficulties really challenging? Or is it like BOTW where you can cheese every fight by endlessly spamming healing items?

chipia

JaxonH

@status-204
I agree it shouldn't be forced. Not really arguing the morality of this. Only that it's not a dealbreaker, nor something I'd get too hung up over.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

Eww. Must be something new, since I don't recall Mario + Rabbids requiring my contact information in order to play.

Do you have to sign in online every time you want to play the game or something?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

theepictorkoal

What versions of this game has gyro controls available? I know that the Switch version does, but is that the only version?

theepictorkoal

rockodoodle

chipia wrote:

rockodoodle wrote:

How is the difficulty in this game actually? Are the higher difficulties really challenging? Or is it like BOTW where you can cheese every fight by endlessly spamming healing items?

U r asking the wrong person.... I kinda like esker games...or at least games with a steady learning curve.

rockodoodle

JaxonH

@Ralizah
No. It automatically signs you in, unless you’re offline, in which case it just skips it outright. But given the game has cross platform saves, having an account with them is crucial to take advantage.

Btw. Already down to $39.99 on Amazon. That’s 33% off in just a single week!

https://www.amazon.com/Gods-Monsters-Nintendo-Switch-Standard...

JaxonH

@theepictorkoal
Only Switch has gyro.

And because they didn’t release on Steam, the PC release doesn’t have gyro either. Obviously you could add to Steam library yourself and see if mapping gyro as mouse input works, but I can’t say whether it does or doesn’t. Only about 50% of PC games allow virtual mouse detection, and allow it with controller inputs simultaneously. If you have to map gyro to “mouse like joystick” usually it’s not worth it, better to just grab your Steam Controller where it detects the whole kit and boodle as Keyboard and Mouse with no controller inputs to conflict with.

Ralizah

@JaxonH So can you skip the account creation outright if your Switch isn't set up to connect to the internet?

Yeah, I saw the price dip. It's dropping faster than normal. I figure it'll probably hit near rock bottom in half a year or so.

Edited on by Ralizah

NintendoByNature

Yea that $40 has me thinking about grabbing it

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

$39.99 is well worth it for this game. $60 is well worth it, even.

Price will drop further in time, guess it just depends how long you want to wait. There’s always Sniper Elite 4 and Doom Eternal in the meantime.

@Ralizah
Not sure, I’ve had an Ubisoft account for many years, and it’s linked to my Nintendo Account so it just auto signs me in on their games. But I imagine it’s playable without it. I mean, it’s playable offline so, Idk why it would be any different the first time you play. But I could be wrong. Either, way, Idk why someone wouldn’t just let it sign them in. Those cross platform saves are sweet music to my ears, to be used when the Steam version inevitably releases.

Ralizah

@JaxonH Oh, is it another EGS "exclusive?" Figures.

I like cross-save/cross-play in theory, but aside from trying it out a few times with The Witcher 3, it just became more of a hassle than I like.

I've also discovered that I'd prefer to play the entire experience downgraded than to bounce back-and-forth between 1080p60 on my PC and 540p30 on my Switch. I can adjust to how demanding ports run on Switch if I'm not constantly going back to a better performing version. It's kind of like how 30fps looks absolutely fine until you look at it side-by-side with footage running at a higher framerate, and then suddenly the 30fps footage looks sort of choppy in comparison.

Anyway, once I get it, I'll probably just make sure my Switch is in airplane mode when the game starts. Hopefully that'll keep it from prompting me for a log in.

JaxonH

@Ralizah
I can understand that. I remember playing TW3 on Steam made going back to Switch handheld feel rather lacking by comparison.

I will say though, it’s super painless in this game. When you pause, you see SAVE, LOAD, and ONLINE SAVE. If you select ONLINE SAVE, it gives you two choices, UPLOAD or DOWNLOAD. That’s it. And it’s super fast, unlike TW3 which took a while on Switch to load the saves and download the save and could only be done from the main menu. This is like, boom, bam, done. 5 seconds and you’re golden.

I’m sure it’ll be fine in airplane mode, but at worst, just sign in once and you’ll never have to worry about it again. I like earning the UPlay coins too. Redeem exclusive content from Ubisoft Connect which is integrated into the menu. I always seem to have Ubisoft coins stacked up to spend every time I buy a new Ubisoft game. Spent most in Assassins Creed Rebel Collection and Trials Rising though.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic