Forums

Topic: E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Posts 481 to 500 of 592

Henmii

@Clyde_Radcliffe

This site has really made a ass of themselves. I mean, I expected a new Switch this year too. But I don't post hundreds of articles about it without solid proof. In the end its only official when Nintendo announces it. Wouldn't it be sweet if this site manned up and said: We where utterly wrong, we based it on pure speculation.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Henmii

@HotGoomba,

I expected it as soon as 2020, but they chose for holding it back. I thought then that it would turn into a 2021 dual-release for Switch and Switch2. But Switch2 doesn't seem to exist, unless its moved to 2022 (along with the game). Its all speculation though. To be honest, maybe its just a case of longer development-time to make it better. Or there really was a big covid delay.

Henmii

VoidofLight

Articles which amount to nothing in the end, as these so called “leaks” are naught but rumors.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Henmii

@Slowdive

I won't doubt them on that. The longer it takes, the more ridiculous they look. But if they keep it up long enough they eventually get it right.

Henmii

VoidofLight

I wouldn’t say I have a short attention span. I moreso just rather a switch pro not to be real, as I don’t want to spend 400+ on a new switch just to play a game how it’s meant to be played. Not to mention how if one is real, it’ll be rare for years to come due to scalpers. @Slowdive

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

skywake

Zeldafan79 wrote:

Oh look at Mario Rabbids 2 it looks too good to be running on regular switch hardware! Switch Pro confirmed LOL! That's what everyone was saying right? Right?

Whatever guys. Guess You'll have to stick it out until the real next system. I'm sure it'll be here soon enough. Thank god i don't have to see 14 topics about a switch pro anymore! At least until next E3.

To be blunt, nothing in that direct went against what I've been saying. Or the leaks as reported by Bloomberg etc. If anything a lot of what was leaked before the Direct was accurate. Lots of Zelda but nothing particularly earth shattering. 2D Metroid which I don't think I need to remind you is part of that threads title.

And yeah, that third party Devs were expecting a reveal of the Pro before E3. Which didn't happen, but that was always an expectation. And I wonder which titles shown had gameplay trailers that might not have been running on standard hardware.

You're gloating about being correct by pointing to the attention seekers. Not the leaks people are actually taking seriously

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Grumblevolcano

After rewatching the Direct again, I'm increasing my ranking of it to 8/10. So final E3 rankings:
1st. Nintendo - 8/10
2nd. Microsoft - 5/10
3rd. Square Enix - 4/10
Joint 4th. Capcom and Ubisoft - 2/10

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rallydefault

@Slowdive
That pretty much sums it up, yea. Case in point is the Pro. It wasn't announced before or during E3 so now all the rumors and leaks must be wrong and the Pro does not exist.

It's just simple mindsets, and I get the attraction to that lens. It's easier to claim understanding of the world if everything is given a definite expiration date and is one way or another, no in-betweens.

If the Pro is announced between now and BotW2, those people will still claim the leaks were wrong because of whatever date or spec minutia didn't exactly match up. It's kind of missing the idea of leaks in the first place: general murmurings and moving goalposts, but an underlying true point.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

HotGoomba

I'll make my rankings soon

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

GrailUK

@Slowdive The guy in the video is wanting gyro controls for monkeyball? Hahahaha. Yeah...that's the exact opposite of what everyone is wanting lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

HotGoomba

1. Nintendo, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (9/10)

2. Xbox/Bethesda, had a good amount of quality titles (7.5/10)

3. Intellivision, didn't overstay their time, wasn't huge, but was a very interesting ten minutes. (7/10)

4. Verizon, literally just because one of their ads was hilarious (6/10)

5. Ubisoft, at least Mario and Rabbids made up an overall boring presentation (5/10)

6. Capcom, was short but not much new content and eSports took up too much of the presentation (4/10)

7. Square Enix, mostly was trash, at least I have some hope for GOTG, and I do have an urge to kill Chaos (3/10)

8. Gearbox, I came for games, not Kevin Hart (2/10)

9. Take-Two, I've read dictionaries more interesting (0/10)

10. Bandai Namco, literally was one game, and it wasn't even Taiko no Tatsujin! (-1/10)

Didn't rank Wholesome, PC Gaming, Indie, WB Games, or Future games, because I either didn't watch them or I don't have a final opinion on them.

BASEDSAKRI

@GrailUK I want them. The mobile game was pretty underrated for what it was.

BASEDSAKRI

GrailUK

@ninelevendo The levels weren't designed for them! They would be ludicrously hard.

Anti-Matter

I only watched 2 presentations as the other presentations i must scoop out the information of the games i want to play by asking from other users. Thanks to @HotGoomba for helping me

1. Wholesome Indie Direct (8/10)
A lot of indie games that caught my interest, almost every games shown from the direct.

2. Nintendo Direct (2/10)
Smash Bros was Blah, Metroid Dread was Yawn...., BOTW2 was Very Boring..., Mario games was okay but not really Day one games, Not interested by Advanced Wars, almost no games caught my interest except Mario games.

Anti-Matter

BASEDSAKRI

@GrailUK The tight roping sections I agree but it'd still be a nice feature.

BASEDSAKRI

Dogorilla

@Anti-Matter Not a WarioWare fan then? I thought you would have enjoyed the buff shirtless man in Smash Bros if nothing else

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

HotGoomba

@Anti-Matter You're welcome.

Also, I'm a little surprised that you don't like BOTW, since it's not a violent game. It's not Petz, but maybe try the first one before you make a final decision.

Also do you like WarioWare?

Edited on by HotGoomba

GrailUK

@ninelevendo Master stages would give me ptsd using gyro hahaha

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic