Forums

Topic: E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Posts 461 to 480 of 592

HotGoomba

@link3710 Best case scenario, we'll get GameCube NSO, but like that's ever gonna happen.

Even if the price increases, I'd be fine with that because the service would be worth something.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

HotGoomba

@Snatcher They already did.

Don't click on it.

Snatcher

@HotGoomba Dang it it was X box.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

HotGoomba

@Snatcher eh both had a good presentation so I understand.

Nintendo was still better.

Don't click on it.

Snatcher

@HotGoomba Oh I agree 100%.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

sixrings

@skywake hard for me to imagine a pro without knowing for sure botw 2 is coming out soon or Metroid prime 4. But that’s just me. Nothing Nintendo showed needed a pro so I’m beginning to become skeptical of it existing or if it does it will be far less powerful than leakers have been making it out to be. And If anyone wants a pro it is me.

sixrings

skywake

@sixrings
I don't think these things are mutually exclusive. You don't need games that are so high spec the current Switch couldn't handle it for a high spec Switch to make sense. It's about framerate and resolution. 2-3X power could be the difference between BotW 2 running at 720p/30fps and 1080p/60fps with HDR.

But I think you're right in some sense. I don't think it makes sense to unveil a Switch Pro now if the most graphically intense game on the horizon is scheduled for 2022. Better to hold out because at this point there's not much in 2021 to buy a Switch Pro for.

Basically, with this lineup? If a Switch Pro was announced today I wouldn't be preordering. I'd be getting it in the new year. And if Switch Pro evangelist me is saying that it's probably to early for it.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Zeldafan79

Oh look at Mario Rabbids 2 it looks too good to be running on regular switch hardware! Switch Pro confirmed LOL! That's what everyone was saying right? Right?

Whatever guys. Guess You'll have to stick it out until the real next system. I'm sure it'll be here soon enough. Thank god i don't have to see 14 topics about a switch pro anymore! At least until next E3.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

TheFrenchiestFry

I really think the existence of cloud games like A Plague's Tale and the Guardians of the Galaxy game from Square should effectively put those Switch Pro rumors to rest

If they were making a Switch capable specifically of handling current gen games why would they even need to specifically announce cloud versions

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

VoidofLight

@TheFrenchiestFry Exactly. I guess stuff like this won't stop people from saying that a game's coming out for the switch pro exclusively though, since I talked with someone earlier who kept pushing the fact that BotW and all the 2022 games are "Switch Pro Exclusive"...

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

HotGoomba

Don't click on it.

Snatcher

@TheFrenchiestFry Man it sucks that its cloud, My internet is SH** so I'm not going to be picking it up.

HotGoomba

@Snatcher My wi-fi isn't too bad, and I can likely hotspot to my Switch, but that's just too many resources. I'd rather play the game on literally any other console it's on.

Don't click on it.

Punisher67

Overall Microsoft had the best showing - Redfall, Psychonauts 2, Age of Empires IV, The Outer Worlds 2, Flight Simulator, Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5, Back 4 Blood, Hades, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, A Plague Tale: Requiem, Eluyden Chronicles (I think this was its name) The Ascent - All coming to gamepass plus there was many more in addition to the above.

Nintendo knocked it out of the park with Metroid dread for me but beyond that there was little else.

Punisher67

Snatcher

@HotGoomba Same.

Dezzy

I wonder how much a Switch Pro will realistically improve the games.

I mean they're still gonna be developing their games with the Switch Lite as the lower bound on their hardware requirements. That does tend to push them towards making more visually simple or stylistic games.

3 of the Switch games I'm going to be buying in the next 6 months (Skyward Sword HD, Metroid, Advance Wars) are already running at 60fps, and presumably at fairly good resolutions too.
In the case of those 3 games, presumably a Switch Pro wouldn't really do much, except give a higher resolution? Which I mostly can't use, as I don't have a 4K screen.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

FragRed

The best thing about the Nintendo Direct is that it’s stopped people going on and on about the Nintendo Switch Pro.

…Now, onto the Nintendo Switch Pro

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

I think Pokemon leaves the revision rumours discussion wide open. The only Pokemon info we got this time was release dates randomly dropped out of nowhere prior to E3 (May 26th), no Pokemon Presents prior to E3 and no Pokemon at all during E3.

So a reasonable theory if you believe the existence of the revision is that TPC planned a Pokemon Presents prior to E3 which showcased both games running on the revision but after finding out that Nintendo weren't going to announce the revision prior to E3, they just revealed the release dates out of nowhere with the gameplay saved for after Nintendo has revealed the revision.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Henmii

@jump,

Okay, I didn't know that. Might still be forced retirement though.

@Dezzy,

has that pirate game been in development for that long?!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic