Forums

Topic: Diablo III: Eternal Collection

Posts 101 to 120 of 606

FaeKnight

The point still remains that now the Switch is known to be doing well, and has a strong enough library of online multiplayer games that people will be willing to go online regularly. At least those into online multiplayer will. Even those who aren't that excited about it will be more likely to consider it on occasion, and the alure of classic games and cloud backup of your game saves will convince people to pay.

Plus with Super Mario Party coming in October with online play, there will be yet another system seller game with a major online component. Not a required component, but a big one that will encourage people to use it. Unless of course you can regularly round up 4+ people to play locally or enjoy facing the computer exclusively that is.

Diablo 3 being online multiplayer capable is just a feather in the cap, for those willing to buy it again (or for the first time).

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

Mountain_Man

No cross saves is not a big deal to me even though I've put many, many hours into the PC version. D3 is such a fun game that I really don't mind starting from scratch.

The Mountain Man

rallydefault

@Mountain_Man
D3 is the kind of game where it's really fun to start over a lot (hence seasons). Yea, I'm not going to have the banners/companions/etc. that I amassed on the PC version, but I don't care about that stuff anyway. It'll be nice to start totally fresh, actually.

rallydefault

Tasuki

Kinda odd that my thread was locked even though this one turned into a Nintendo Online thread, but ok.

Anyway does anyone know if you will be able to link your Battle.net account with this version? I know you can with the Xbox and PS versions.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

FaeKnight

The discussion was still tangentially related to D3, and the mods seem to frown on multiple threads for the same topic.

FaeKnight

toiletduck

Tasuki wrote:

Kinda odd that my thread was locked even though this one turned into a Nintendo Online thread, but ok.

Anyway does anyone know if you will be able to link your Battle.net account with this version? I know you can with the Xbox and PS versions.

Report a post if you feel someone is breaking forum rules (or etiquette), don't start breaking them yourself as well

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

FaeKnight

Regarding D3, what are people's favorite classes? I tend to favor demon hunters and crusaders, personally.

FaeKnight

Magician

FaeKnight wrote:

Regarding D3, what are people's favorite classes? I tend to favor demon hunters and crusaders, personally.

Monk and Wizard.

But since I haven't played the Necromancer expansion I'm looking forward to playing that class.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

rallydefault

FaeKnight wrote:

I've played them all except Necro. I would have to say Monk. Was my first D3 character way back at launch. Really cool movement abilities, and I tend to like mixing it up in melee rather than staying at range.

rallydefault

redd214

I'm looking forward to this! Haven't played a Diablo game outside of the PS3 demo years ago. My kids are old enough to where I think they would be ok playing this and I can see this being a huge time sink for us. I remember loving the Champions of Norath games on the ps2 which are essentially the same thing. Already preordered, hopefully the date doesn't slip!

redd214

Macalos

I will get this on download its a great game and i will be able to dive in no matter that cart i have in my switch.

Macalos

rallydefault

Macalos wrote:

I will get this on download its a great game and i will be able to dive in no matter that cart i have in my switch.

Yea, I was thinking the same thing. This might be better to have as a download just to easily pop in and out of it.

Still pretty stoked Blizz is getting one of their games on the Switch. I hope it means possibilities for the future. All of their games are known for being highly compatible with older hardware, so I'm pretty sure any game in their current lineup could run on Switch.

I've always thought they would eventually start putting WoW on consoles, but it hasn't happened yet. There are TONS of buttons that would have to be mapped, but equally complex MMOs have hit consoles before (FF Realm Reborn is on PS right now, I believe).

rallydefault

TuVictus

I only ever played the game about twice, years apart. I never found the appeal in starting over from scratch, so I'm glad I held off until now, since I'm sure I can squeak out one more playthrough without getting bored

TuVictus

bilboa

FaeKnight wrote:

Watching the trailer, one thing I didn't see was them using a single joy con for a controller. So for local multiplayer you'll need multiple sets of them?

I have the Xbox 360 version, and the control mappings use all the controls: both sticks, d-pad, all buttons and both sets of triggers. Even that's a compromise compared to the PC version where you have the whole keyboard for shortcuts. I think it would be very awkward trying to make the game playable with a single joycon. Even Nintendo's own Breath of the Wild didn't try to do that.

Edited on by bilboa

bilboa

Mountain_Man

FaeKnight wrote:

Wizard and Witch Doctor. I've never played the Necromancer, but I suspect he will be another favorite of mine because I like pet classes.

I think my least favorite is the Crusader and Barbarian. Interesting story about the Crusader, I once created a build that was indestructible. He could stand in the middle of an elite pack and regenerate health faster than the enemies could damage him. Even act bosses couldn't put a dent in him. Unfortunately, his damage output was so low that he would take forever to kill things. It took a lot of rejiggering of skills and gear to get a decent DPS character, but then he was a lot more vulnerable as a result.

The Mountain Man

FaeKnight

bilboa wrote:

FaeKnight wrote:

Watching the trailer, one thing I didn't see was them using a single joy con for a controller. So for local multiplayer you'll need multiple sets of them?

I have the Xbox 360 version, and the control mappings use all the controls: both sticks, d-pad, all buttons and both sets of triggers. Even that's a compromise compared to the PC version where you have the whole keyboard for shortcuts. I think it would be very awkward trying to make the game playable with a single joycon. Even Nintendo's own Breath of the Wild didn't try to do that.

At the same time, Hyrule Warriors uses every button and both sticks. Yet it manages to have a 2 player mode using single joy cons. It wouldn't be that hard to have the SL and SR buttons be used to modify which ability tray the face buttons (ABXY) are used for. Considering the X-box version only allows 6 powers (and health/mana potions) for any given setup it wouln't be that difficult.

Mountain_Man wrote:

I think my least favorite is the Crusader and Barbarian. Interesting story about the Crusader, I once created a build that was indestructible. He could stand in the middle of an elite pack and regenerate health faster than the enemies could damage him. Even act bosses couldn't put a dent in him. Unfortunately, his damage output was so low that he would take forever to kill things. It took a lot of rejiggering of skills and gear to get a decent DPS character, but then he was a lot more vulnerable as a result.

That is, of course, the trade off. You can have incredible damage, insane tanking capability, or crazy utility. Pick two. If you optimize for utility, damage and defense go down. If you optimize for defense then damage and utility go down but you'll survive nearly anything. If you optimize for damage then most enemies will drop in seconds, but anything tough enough to withstand the alpha strike can and probably will kill you. Going for a mix of 2 gets you decent levels of the two you picked. Trying for all three means no one aspect is particularly good.

Edited on by FaeKnight

FaeKnight

FragRed

@DonkeyDiddyKong All these glitches and bugs etc will be ironed out prior to release, Blizzard are the good sized of Activision

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic