Forums

Topic: Diablo III: Eternal Collection

Posts 601 to 606 of 606

Mountain_Man

If I added up all of my Diablo III play time between PC (including the beta) and Switch, I'm probably at a combined total of around 1000 hours.

The Mountain Man

rallydefault

I'm REALLY hoping the rumors of the Diablo II remake are true. Would make sense especially if Diablo IV is still 2 years away.

rallydefault

Mountain_Man

Diablo II "remake", or "remaster"? Either way, I'd rather see Blizzard move forward with another full expansion for Diablo III then move backwards to Diablo II. While Diablo II is one of my all time favorite games, and I played it for many, many years, it's hard to go back to now because it has simply not aged well. I suppose an HD "remaster" could fix the rather harsh presentation (at release, it had a maximum resolution of 640x480 at a time when 1024x768 was considered the standard; this was later increased to 800x600 in the expansion pack), but that's really the least of its problems — if you consider it a problem at all. What about the gameplay that now feels clunky and archaic, and the frankly broken character skill trees that are oddly restricting despite ostensibly offering endless possibilities?

I still boot up Diablo II every once in a while just because I used to really enjoy it, but it's hard to play these days. It just feels like an old game, and I think it would take a lot of work on Blizzard's part to bring it up to modern standards. I'd rather see them spend their time making new content rather than trying to polish the old.

Edited on by Mountain_Man

The Mountain Man

Tasuki

I had the Diablo itch for the past few days, so I decided to fire up Diablo III. Unfortunately with my Switch getting stolen thanks to Nintendo's ***** way of thinking of saving everything to the system rather then the card, I have to start completely over. So that means no legendaries, no paragon points and no level 70 Demon Hunter.

I have Diablo 3 on the PS4 but I don't have it hooked up at the moment plus the TV was in use. Ah well guess it's time for me to look up builds online and see what I can come up with.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

sixrings

@Tasuki I have been waiting forever for this game to get a sizeable price drop. 75% off is what I’m looking for. The game is so old and I need four copies so I’m not buying at 50%. But I’m closing in on giving up.

sixrings

Tasuki

@sixrings Yeah I suspect it has something to do with Nintendo as you can get used copies of D3 on PS4 and even Xbox One for $20 at places like Gamestop but used on Switch goes for $54.

Maybe when MS fully takes control of Activision-Blizzard we might see a price drop. Either that or wait for the E3 sale or even around Blizzcon Blizzard games usually go on a hefty sale.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic