Forums

Topic: Borderlands Legendary 3-Pack Nintendo Switch

Posts 141 to 160 of 206

AndyD

zool wrote:

Tried to order XCom 2 today, but it seems there is no physical copy release in the UK. Just the eshop download version. 😮

Yeah it seems the supply is low here also

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Mountain_Man

zool wrote:

Tried to order XCom 2 today, but it seems there is no physical copy release in the UK. Just the eshop download version. 😮

Just so you know, it's only an 8GB cartridge, so you'd still have to download the majority of the game anyway.

The Mountain Man

JaxonH

@AndyD
I'm not really doing any "variations". Just picking skills I like

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@AndyD
Ya, sticking to exact builds recommended by the community can feel very restrictive, as everything has already been predetermined. I find it much more rewarding to just go with whatever I value most.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Tasuki

@AndyD You have to finish the playthrough to unlock True Vault Hunter mode then I believe you have to finish the second playthrough to unlock Ultimate. By the time you finish the game you should be at the appropriate levels.

Not only that by UVHM is very gear dependant especially on slag. If you don't have a good slag weapon (I personally recommend the Magic Missle grenade mod from Tiny Tina's DLC) then you will get your butt kicked trust me on that. You won't hurt enemies otherwise.

I also suggest having a gander at this if you are playing Maya

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/top-gear-for-maya-the-si...

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

JaxonH

I can’t get a good shotgun or SMG to save my life. Best I’ve seen is 4 ammo capacity and 68 accuracy? Really? Give me 12 shots at 70 accuracy and an element and we’ll talk.

Tasuki

@AndyD If I remember correctly, you can't remap the melee button. That always bugged me. Coming from CoD where I have crouch as R3 and melee as a face button.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

zool

Having spent the last week reading and watching Bioshock, Boarderlands and xcom2 reviews, a lot with varying opinions I have decided on Bioshock.

Which one should I start with if I download them separately? I'm thinking of starting with 3, but reviews are mixed. 🤔

zool

BruceCM

I'd start with the 1st game, as I have done when I got them recently on Steam ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ainze

@AndyD
You can always remap the controller buttons at the system level (Switch Controller Settings)

Ainze

Mountain_Man

zool wrote:

Having spent the last week reading and watching Bioshock, Boarderlands and xcom2 reviews, a lot with varying opinions I have decided on Bioshock.

Which one should I start with if I download them separately? I'm thinking of starting with 3, but reviews are mixed. 🤔

For Bioshock, I'd play them order.

For Borderlands, I think the second is the better game (and arguably the best in the series), but there's no harm starting with the first one to a get feel for things, plus it will help understand some of the inside jokes in the other games.

Edited on by Mountain_Man

The Mountain Man

JaxonH

My friend finally started playing BL2, and he’s almost to the point where we can start playing together because he needed to catch up to my level and get to Sanctuary to come to grips with gyro aiming, which I’ve been rambling on about so much he’s determined to master it now. After Once I sent him the video of the comparison in the shooting gallery between a person with a controller using dual sticks, then using gyro, then using mouse, and getting nearly twice the score with gyro as sticks, he was sold.

Fired up Pre-Sequel at work today just to mess around. That game is so freaking fun and it looks so good on the handheld screen! It has to be one of the best, if not the best looking games on a handheld I’ve ever seen in my life. And it’s just so addictive! Every time I throw one of these games on, even just to show somebody something in the menu for two seconds, always turns into a two hour binge session.

Ainze wrote:

@AndyD
You can always remap the controller buttons at the system level (Switch Controller Settings)

I just discovered you can remap buttons in Borderlands in game

In the menu where you choose your controller layout, on the right you’ll see the option to press X to customize your control scheme however you want! This whole time I had switched R and y on the system level, which admittedly was better than nothing but now that I realized you can do it in game it actually changes the prompts for the buttons to match the change. Plus you don’t have to deal with it changing in the menu when you’re trying to tab over or dealing with the system prompts every time you come from sleep mode or changing it back when you play another game.

So awesome. Can’t believe I missed that.

AndyD

@JaxonH yeah, i found that when i booted up the game the first time last week. I used your recommendation of switching y and r and it helped a lot. As for the melee button, its hard for me to decide because the others are used for several useful things...

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

zool

@JaxonH is it possible to leave a link to the video of the comparison in the shooting gallery?

zool

JaxonH

@zool
Thumbstick vs Gyro vs Mouse

This is also a good video about motion

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic