Forums

Topic: Borderlands Legendary 3-Pack Nintendo Switch

Posts 121 to 140 of 206

JaxonH

So, some issues noted with BL2 that are not present in BL1 or TPS.

Some are saying local wireless doesn’t work. Can someone confirm?
FOV slider option not present.
Voices over Echo/vending machine not filtered properly? Post on Reddit. Can anyone confirm?
Fast travel menu not organized? Post on reddit. Can anyone confirm?

BL2 is also the only one that’s on a lower patch version. It seems like an update was supposed to push through that didn’t. Given the issue they had on the eshop with all 3 games not immediately downloading, I figure they’ll get this fixed pretty soon since the other 2 games are essentially flawless.

I did submit a bug report to 2k for these issues just now. Good to cover all bases.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

zool

Can I divert slightly with a question, which I think may have been touched upon in a previous post, concerning BioShock, Broadlands and Xcon 2, size.

Re. Physical games. These are games with a lot of content, part of which is on the card, the rest is downloadable as additional content or with a code.

My question is. Is the resale value of the games effected by the method used to download? I would guess a code could render the game unplayable.

I do buy physical where I can because I don't very often replay games, and do I sell them on.

zool

JaxonH

@zool
Except in the case of Borderlands, all the rest are treated as updates, so no, resale value will not be affected.

In the case of Borderlands, ya, since Handsome Collection is just a code in the box, with the cartridge only stating “Borderlands Game of the Year Edition”.

Still, there will be some value there. Might only be $15-20 but it’s something.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Mountain_Man

JaxonH wrote:

So, some issues noted with BL2 that are not present in BL1 or TPS.

Some are saying local wireless doesn’t work. Can someone confirm?
FOV slider option not present.
Voices over Echo/vending machine not filtered properly? Post on Reddit. Can anyone confirm?
Fast travel menu not organized? Post on reddit. Can anyone confirm?

BL2 is also the only one that’s on a lower patch version. It seems like an update was supposed to push through that didn’t. Given the issue they had on the eshop with all 3 games not immediately downloading, I figure they’ll get this fixed pretty soon since the other 2 games are essentially flawless.

I did submit a bug report to 2k for these issues just now. Good to cover all bases.

I did notice that the voices over the Echo sounded different. I actually like it because it makes them easier to understand. It didn't occur to me that it might be a bug. One oddity I have noticed is that respawn stations after resurrecting your character will occasionally play a random sound clip from Handsome Jack rather than the woman's voice.

I don't think the fast travel menu was ever "organized" even on the original PC release, which isn't a problem since you can use the mouse to click the icons on the map directly, but I have always wondered why the list on the left isn't sorted alphabetically. Seems like this would be easy enough change.

And, yes, I would love to see an FOV slider. I prefer playing FPS games with an FOV of 90. It just feels more natural to me.

The Mountain Man

JaxonH

When playing in multiplayer, I read XP is shared. Given the fact I can barely keep my level up to scratch with the story missions in solo mode, i’m struggling to understand how you wouldn’t fall behind in level in multiplayer where it has to be dispersed among multiple players.

Am I missing something or...

@Mountain_Man
So, you can press X to sort alphabetically. It shows that at the bottom of the screen. I just assumed that wasn’t what they were talking about, or that it had some other type of organization. Perhaps they just didn’t see that option.

@zool
Ya, np.

Mountain_Man

JaxonH wrote:

@Mountain_Man
So, you can press X to sort alphabetically. It shows that at the bottom of the screen.

Huh... I missed that. Thanks for the tip!

The Mountain Man

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
Oh that’s a relief. So that article’s author didn’t know what they were talking about I guess.

Tasuki

@JaxonH Yeah Quest XP is not split, if the quest XP is 500 for example you both get 500 XP not 250 each. The only way the other player will get more XP is some equipment may have an XP bonus on it which will give a player more so for example if the boosts gives 10% more then the player will get 550 instead of 500 while the other player gets 500.

XP from kills I believe as long as you get a shot in and do some damage to an enemy you get XP regardless who kills it.

As for the fast travel being out of order it's always been like that. On 360, on Xbox One, and PS4 so I don't see why it would be different on the Switch.

The echo voices, I do know that about a year or so ago they update Angel's appearance and voice for the echo, I don't remember right now what the reason the update was for but across all systems it was updated.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

JaxonH

@Tasuki
Gotchya. Yeah these are just things I was reading in discussions, nothing I personally observed. I wouldn’t know either way.

So it seems it’s just the FOV slider and local wireless (unless someone can confirm it does in fact work- splitscreen works, online works, and reports of local wireless working in the other two games... so Idk).

Maybe the FOV was necessarily removed for performance reasons. But the local wireless definitely seems like an issue.

AndyD

so, i still can't decide on a class...maya, axton, or gaige...are three i have narrowed it down to for my first run. I am honestly thinking Axton.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Mountain_Man

Tasuki wrote:

As for the fast travel being out of order it's always been like that. On 360, on Xbox One, and PS4 so I don't see why it would be different on the Switch.

JaxonH pointed out to me that you change the sort order with X!

The Mountain Man

Jawessome

I'm really missing the FOV option. Not a total deal breaker but I do sorta get a bit car sickish sometimes by how narrow the view feels.

Jawessome

JaxonH

So apparently local wireless does work, it can just be confusing searching for a local game in online matches.

So I guess there really isnt any issues. Fov slider may have been purposely omitted to maintain framerate.

Right onm

JaxonH

@AndyD
Commando with Axton. That turret is clutch

zool

Tried to order XCom 2 today, but it seems there is no physical copy release in the UK. Just the eshop download version. 😮

zool

Tasuki

@Mountain_Man Yeah I saw that in his post, I never knew that lol. I wonder if that's the same for all the versions, might have to check that one of these days.

@AndyD I would probably go with Maya or Axton as they are probably the easiest to learn. Gaige is interesting but her Anarchy tree is one of the toughest builds to use and her Deathtraps tree is good but Deathtrap himself can be frustrating at times with who he prioritises to attack and such often leading to annoying deaths.

Personally I like a Cataclysm Maya build for solo play. Especially with SMGs.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

JaxonH

@zool
Ya, NA only I do believe. But being region free, I import from EU and JP and Asia quite regularly. Here's the physical copy from Amazon US.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic