Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 54,501 to 54,520 of 96,503

Anti-Matter

@tekoii
Oh, wait.
You know about Stepmania ?? (DDR Maker on PC) 😲
Well, when there was a DDR X2 Arcade at my place ten years ago, the machine can accept edit data from Flashdisk so i tried to make edited stepchart of certain DDR songs that available from DDR X2 Arcade by using Stepmania + simfile converter into DAT file and yeah... I put some better / harder stepchart for Someday by DJ TAKA & Haruna Anno (since the official stepchart was suck and too easy in my opinion), AM-3P (AM East Mix), Celebrate Nite, Pierce the Sky, Gamelan de Couple, Xepher, etc.
You might have ever knew some unofficial DDR mixes by fans such as DDR MAX 3, Trotmania, DDR XX, etc.
It has very great songlist even they are not official by Konami but already looks like official DDR songs.
Here is one example of DDR MAX 3 Plus for Stepmania.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@tekoii I accepted your friend request, thanks for letting me know!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

@Eel
The thing that i still don't get it from ROBOTS, how could a robot can grow up like human ? (Rodney from baby until graduated from school)
And to see the plot of of good son who want to make his parents proud by pursuing his dream as inventor on other place and facing with harsh reality, it was such a good classic storyline. (i got the quick resume from Youtube about ROBOTS storyline)

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter I have multiple times actually.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Eel

@Anti-Matter the movie shows you that they don't "grow", they switch and replace different parts to match their age.

Part of what dives Rodney's dreams, is the desire create things to help his parents, who didn't have enough money to buy him new parts, making him reuse parts inherited from family members.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

tekoii

@Anti-Matter Boy do I, lol! I used to play DDR on PS2 when I was younger. I was a Standard (Some Heavy Songs), level player. At one point, I even bought a DDR matt just to play Stepmania on it. That's pretty crazy that you could put in all those custom songs on an actual machine o.o! Good times at arcades that had DDR! I haven't much looked into new Stepmania stuff, but would love to if I ever have time lol D:

@MarioLover92 Great, I'll hyu sometime if I see you online :3!

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Anti-Matter

@Eel
Ah...
That was the first thing i saw from playing ROBOTS Gamecube for the first time, Rodney's Dad gave him a spare part to upgrade his looking from a 10 years old looking robo boy into teenage looking robo boy. Such an unusual scenery for me to see the way of robots "grow up" by upgrade their body parts into bigger or advanced looking.
I have never got any interest with ROBOTS long time ago until i got the Gamecube version game and i quickly adapted with the gameplay and slowly get into the storyline. I kinda like the storyline about kid who want to help their parents to get better life and they will keep pursuing their dream to achieve that goal.

Kinda jealous to see a good relationship between son and Dad as in my real life, i never got good relationship with my Dad, even my Dad has passed away 7 years ago (2014). My Dad was strict, stubborn, not really open minded even dealing with his relatives when they share / discuss better ideas, it was really hard to like my Dad when i saw other peoples could getting along well with their Dad while i oftenly get into arguments with my Dad for certain things. I didn't really miss my Dad even he has passed away but i will cried a lot for lost my Mom as i have better relationship with my Mom than my Dad.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@tekoii
Yeah.
The good thing from Stepmania is you can put the missing DDR songs from Arcade to console or scrapped DDR songs before even used officially or removed DLC songs from DDR Ultramix / Universe so you can play those songs anytime you want like real Arcade.
With Stepmania ability to play any MP3 songs as DDR and give them stepcharts, can you imagine playing DDR with Spongebob musics or Nintendo game musics or other games music like an official DDR ?
The suggested songs to be put into Stepmania:
Wii Shop channel Krab Bop version
Big Blue F-Zero Eurobeat version
Super Metroid Eurobeat version
Miitopia OST (Fab Fairy Dance, The Darkest Lord, Normal Battle theme at world 1 / 2 / 6, etc)

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

OMG.
I finished ROBOTS Gamecube just now. 😀
It took 2 days to finish the game. 😲
So fast...

But the thing i felt disappointed was the way of editing the storyline from the movie to video game. It has trimmed a lot so playing the game without a smooth storyline flow based on movie felt kinda awkward. 🤔
I didn't even feel the presence of other characters in storyline. It was only focused on Rodney.
Not a bad game but terrible in storyline editing. My first impression when I started to play was 7/10, but now is 6/10.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@tekoii Well the Xenoblade novel started as a summer project. I've spent a lot of time writing it so it's been very fun. I've gotten all the way to the Ether Mine as far as story goes... and I've put down 32,000 words. As for music; there's a SoundCloud link in my tag too. I'll put it here to be safe; Here it is.. I realised some of my songs were outdated though, so I updated them. Had so much fun doing them... plus every other creative project I've linked... so that's photography on Twitter, and writing.

Don't be too worried about "plugging stuff" though. Pleasure to meet you as ever; keep on keeping on.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Eel

You can plug stuff every now and then here in the chit chat thread as long as you make it clear that’s not the sole purpose of your account here.

We’re happy to help friends. But equally as happy to silence opportunists 🤷‍♂️

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

tekoii

@TheJGG Wow. I appreciate the effort and commitment it takes to write that Xenoblade Novel. 32,000 words, my word! I love the idea of taking an established story and building on it, making your own creative version. Well done man, I enjoyed the bits of banter I did read between characters. Same with your music man I appreciate the Final Fantasy pieces and particularly the end bit of the Stickerbrush Symphony. I wonder your process, would be an interesting conversation with you one day! And yea man for sure, gotta love getting creative. It's could be a lot of fun and is good for the mind and soul. It's great meeting you as well man, and of course we gotta keep keepin on!

@Eel Ahh for sure, I understand! To only want to advertise is not very becoming of someone, I can understand wanting to promote your efforts and work, but it's another thing if that's all you're doing here. People come here for Nintendo content, to share in our passion for Nintendo games and consoles. I love your last sentence, so true, and so decisive. In general, it would be great if everyone could support my channel but, in understanding the rules here and in general not enjoying promoting, I will not really talk about it here much at all.

Edited on by tekoii

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Tyranexx

@Snatcher Good things come to those who wait.

@Anti-Matter That's a bit of a bummer. Some of those new Soultimate mechanics sound fun, but I'm one who likes using the touch screen only sparingly. As for that grinding spot, sounds like that's meant for very late post-game grinding to help squeeze out those final levels.

@MarioLover92 I'm amazed at how some people still seem to be dedicated to daily visiting their AC:NH island even this long after release (if they picked up the game near launch, anyway). That takes some serious dedication, even if it's just part of their daily rituals at this point lol. I'm still working on Ys VIII, have been trying the new WarioWare demo, and want to dive into Drill Dozer for the first time later.

RPGs are a lot of my backlog problem, though having less time to play games lately isn't helping. XD This weekend is pretty laid back for a change, but the next couple of months (ESPECIALLY October) will be crazy busy.

@BruceCM Heh, slow actually. Ys VIII is taking me longer than I thought since I'm trying to build up enough of Adol's reputation to get the best ending (my Switch log shows I've just logged 50 hours), plus I haven't had as much time as I'd like for gaming in general lately. No Final Fantasy titles on the plate right now. I've been juggling a couple smaller games in the meantime.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Last Friday I got ROBOTS Gamecube version from playasia and I finished the game on Saturday. That was the quickest Gamecube game I have ever played, just only 2 days.
(ROBOTS from movie year 2005 by 20th Century FOX Animation)

I was glad and disappointed at the same time. The good thing was quite easy gameplay as ROBOTS felt a little bit similar as Ratchet & Clank (though in ROBOTS there was a villain named by Ratchet, coincidentally same name). 😆
But the bad thing was the way of editing the storyline. It was very rush like they cut a lot of scenes and the storyline delivered by showing some specific scenes and the narrator voice explained what was happened next. I didn't feel the other characters was really get involved in the game as it just only focused on Rodney.
I have never watched the movie so given by a rush editing it made me i didn't digest a whole storyline from beginning until the end.
Well, glad another game can be finished quickly but the game with very rushed storyline editing kinda made me disappointed.
Same thing also happened to Barbie as The Island Princess Wii I got last May 2021. I finished the game with just only by 2 hours. Freaking Two Hours.
Yes, it was really quick, did you know why it was so quick ?
Because they cut a lot of whole movie, so i wasn't watch the whole full movie and played the game at the same time. The way of editing the storyline was like this:

They put the opening scene about who was Barbie as the island princess, you played some mini games (that has nothing related with the storyline), then suddenly you saw a scene about the prince met with Barbie in the island. Next, you played mini games again and after you cleared some mini games, suddenly you saw a scene Barbie has brought into a town. Then another silly mini games again and the next thing happened was Barbie has brought into a palace. After another mini games again, you will see the final scene that the prince falling in love with Barbie then they got married and happily every after. The end.
Wow... The storyline editing was very rush. I didn't even feel I was watching a whole movie that correspondent with the gameplay. It was like I watch 5 different important scenes and I played silly mini games that has nothing related with the storyline. It was a bad game but still have guilty pleasure to play just for curiosity. 😆

BTW, the quickest game I can finish was Jake Power: Handyman NDS.
It just only take 30 - 35 minutes to finish the storyline.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@tekoii Yeah, the writing process so far's been relatively straightforward. I have a "script" of the game that someone for some reason wrote and posted on gamefaqs, and copy lines directly from it. I've watched some of the cutscenes again for small reference points but I've already sunk 400+ hours into the game on Switch, plus 200+ on Wii so it's almost second nature by this point lol. Basically... I say the lines in my head and if they sound too clunky and unnatural I'll rewrite it. It's been very fun so far, but it'll take a while to finish if I commit to it. 37,000 words and counting after all. Thanks for enjoying it though, it's always great to know people've enjoyed my "work." Which banter in question were you talking about?

Well... when covering a song I always start from scratch and use the old song as a reference. I do it all from hearing, and I haven't gotten to the point where I can play parts, since I can't read sheet music well and have little instrument experience! But at first I'd try and match the instrumentation of the original and then try to switch things up, so to speak. But mainly my style is faithful to the original work. If you have any questions do ask and I'd be happy to answer!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

BruceCM

Oh, OK, @Tyranexx .... How is Lacrimosa going, then? Sounds like you found out enough on the reputation bit but if you need more info on it, just let us know! Or anything else, of course

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

Phew...
Another game finished again. 😀
I finished Chicken Little: Ace in Action Wii just now.
The game was better than Chicken Little but still have some issues in camera angle controlling since i must tilting the Wii mote to aim the target. At first it felt quite awkward but i get to used it quickly. The last missions was pretty hard and long, i felt quite upset for keep failing on some missions.
Well, the storyline was okay, not really wow but at least better than Chicken Little.
I gave it score 6/10.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

Anyone on edge expecting a Direct? I am...

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Anti-Matter

TheJGG wrote:

Anyone on edge expecting a Direct? I am...

Maybe in September 2021.
I'm expecting some obscure / quirky / unpopular games that only me i have interest about.
Btw, i'm already busy with retro games hunting until December 2021.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic