Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 54,521 to 54,540 of 96,567

Anti-Matter

Oh, today is the last day for Firework Festival on ACNH.
I logged in the game just for maintenance.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

tekoii

@TheJGG Wow, at the guy trying to steal your stuff --;;. Damn you got hours in XC, I did 3 playthroughs. One on the 3ds (first time), then the Switch version twice. Keep at it man :3! Oh, and not any particular part really. There are bits of dialogue that aren't there in the original game and I feel like that adds a strange kind of charm.

For music.. how do you record all the instruments or sounds and lace em all together? What software do you use?

šŸ„ MK8D ā–¶ļø Youtube šŸŽØ DeviantArt

Snatcher

@TheJGG Yep, At least I have Nick all star brawl to fill the void, Of smash, There was also a leaked character, Which is cool. If you would like to see it you can look at this post. https://www.reddit.com/r/AllStarBrawl/comments/pdhssk/why_the...

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but Iā€™m very much alive!

Snatcher

@tekoii I don't have it downloaded at the Time sadly, But if you would like to play later Maybe I can re download it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Tyranexx

@TheJGG Speaking of outdoor conditions, it has been pretty hot and humid here for the past couple of weeks. It's supposed to break after a round of rain over the next couple of days, but the weather has made being outdoors for any length of time almost unbearable. Last night when I mowed wasn't too bad since it was somewhat overcast, though there was rain in the area. My lawn was damp, though not to where I couldn't finish the job. I don't go to fast food places too often and often try to make better choices when I do. The problem is, eating out here is getting pretty expensive, even for fast food. Not that I eat out often in general, 1-2 times a week on average. Also, mayonnaise doesn't belong on anything. Ever.

I've jotted down those soundtrack recommendations and will give them a listen in the coming days. Been on the lookout (listen-out, listening?) for more ear candy. Sounds like the game itself is quite worth it, and it's interesting to see/hear about its story when compared to the mess that is Cyberpunk 2077.

To clarify from that previous flying paragraph: I cope with that type of humor, but I realize it isn't useful or welcome in some situations. I just put up with the discomfort, keep my mouth shut unless it's requested otherwise, and sneak off somewhere not long after for a few minutes just to calm down and get my bearings. Once when I flew, someone traveling with me entered a scanning device behind me and had it go off on them. Turns out it was just a routine alarm that's programmed to go off every so often to randomly pull someone for screening. My anxiety would've went through the roof if it had been me. Probably would've froze out of sheer embarrassment. I much prefer window seats over aisle seats, mainly because I like looking at the world thousands of feet below, weather permitting. And yeah...I've never liked strangers brushing or touching me, even if it's an accident. I can definitely sympathize.

Sounds/looks as though those words for your fan novel are breeding nicely! I just briefly clicked into it; fifteen chapters already?! My word, you must be in the middle of a creative furor if you've been this inspired! My weekend is a relatively lax one overall, so perhaps I'll dig in later this evening or tomorrow. Don't blame you for cutting the Ether Mine short; that's another section of the game that I felt was a tad bloated. Can't wait to read the take on Xord; I still wonder about how he really looked as a Homs.

While I have yet to play Final Fantasy X, from footage and images I've seen, it has aged very well for a PS2 game. 100% agree on Twilight Princess, it was a joy to revisit on the Wii U a few years ago. I'd argue a few 8 and 16-bit games are still fairly mechanically sound, though they are indeed few. Though some of that may admittedly be nostalgia lol. I enjoy open world games and feel they've certainly earned their place in gaming, though I hope not everyone jumps on that bandwagon. My only problem with them - perhaps a good problem in some lenses - is that there's so much to see and do. Which is fine, but that also runs the risk of adding way more padding than necessary. Fast travel in modern games is a godsend; without it, I'd be at double my current playtime in Ys VIII to get to the spot I'm currently at in the game. No, don't fall into the 60 FPS or bust trap! XD

I will refrain listing what first came to mind when I saw the term "glamping" as it would go against site rules. The second definition that came to mind fits your description. They may as well buy a camper or RV at that point. I certainly want to try camping in a cabin with the bare necessities at some point. Not sure yet on tent camping. As for Disney vs. Scarlett, I agree both sides have a strong case depending on how you look at it. It would've been best if they tried to resolve the issues shortly before release (or maybe there was an attempt?) before the ordeal hit the press.

By "poor internet", I was poking fun at the amount of downloaded data, not so much that it was poor or strained connection lol. Three days for a 60 GB game would be about the equivalent of how my parents' oversold broadband line would perform now. I downloaded World of Warcraft and all accompanying patches back in the day on that connection, and it took...five days total. Only had two days left of the free trial period after that. X---X I love the fiber internet I have now, and I'm only paying into the cheapest package (~250 MB down). It's better than any of the other alternatives I have and competitively priced...though I'm grandfathered in, so that's part of it. I gave some of your Twitter photos a browse. Definitely some nice captures there, from Death Stranding and F1 to Final Fantasy VII Remake and...is that the lady from Horizon: Zero Dawn?

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

Nintendo traditionally likes airing a Direct around September, so I'm almost expecting something next month or in early October. There's no way they'll let Metroid Dread sneak by without some high-profile coverage.

@Anti-Matter I've heard of the Robots movie, but have never seen it. Sounds like it was a pretty short and somewhat disappointing tie-in game then. Same with that Barbie game, though as you said, at least you got to experience them just out of curiosity!

@BruceCM Pretty decent overall, I'm in Chapter 5 and roughly 3/4 the way through the game (if a couple of guides I've found are anything to go by). I'm not following the guides verbatim, just to know how to handle some side content and to get a general idea of where I'm at in the storyline. I'm doing well with the reputation stuff and have only failed one quest so far on account that, literally just as I got the recipe I needed for Sir Carlan's meuniĆØre, the dude decided to die on me.

I'm glad I stuck with the game earlier on. It took a bit to get going, but the plot has progressively gotten better since. Just got to what happened to Eternia yesterday evening. Loving the gameplay, and a lot of the characters are charming and well-written.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

Snatcher

I know, no one cares but I changed my profile Banner, I felt like it fits better then the old one. But not changing my profile photo any time soon.

BruceCM

Sounds good, @Tyranexx .... You certainly don't have to do all the sidequests to get the true ending, at least but I'd have to check exactly what the requirements actually are Chapter 5 is a long 1 iirc

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
I think the reason there were a lot of games from movie got bad review or scores due to hardware and software limitations during that era. During PS2 / Gamecube / XBOX era by given software limitation until 4.7 GB & 8.5 GB for PS2 / XBOX by using DVD or until 1.5 GB for Gamecube by using Mini DVD. I think to make games from movie got decent adaptation, at least the games need Blu Ray disc size from 25 GB - 50 GB so the developers can make the adaptation more accurate based on the scenes from the movie. But once again depend on the developer, even given by opportunity of Blu Ray disc size but if the games are multi release console with different software capacity (4.7 GB for Wii, 15 GB for XBOX 360), the developers must made the games with software limitation suitable for Wii with not many features and they have to keep maintain the same aspect for PS3 / XBOX 360 but with better graphics. But it seems even during early PS3 era, some games from movie adaptation got different approach by the developers. The games can be not entirely tied from movie scenes but it can be different situation that still based on the movie. You can see a different adaption from movies to games such as Surf's Up, Hannah Montana movie, Up (Disney Pixar), Cars 1 & 2, Tin Tin Adventures, etc.

Also, during the transition era from PS2 to PS3 & Gamecube to Wii, some games from movie adaptation got a completely different treatment. You can see if PS2 hardware was weaker than Gamecube or Wii so there were some games from movie got completely two different games approach to match with hardware power of the machines. Let's say Surf's Up in this case as only PS2 version there was no moving animation for the character selection (The Gamecube version even given by 1.5 GB size of software still able to keep the moving animation of character selection) while the NDS and PSP version it got a completely different games (kart racing type surfing). The other case like Disney Pixar games such as Toy Story 3, Up, Ratatouille, etc got two different version of games. Toy Story 3 and Up have low version for PS2 & PSP while the high version for Wii, XBOX 360 & PS3 version. Ratatouille got low version for Gamecube, PS2, XBOX & Wii , different version for PSP, NDS and GBA while the high version for PS3 & XBOX 360.

I think it was interesting during 2000's era, the developers take some risk by experimenting different approach for their games based on hardware or software limitation from each video game machines. But it seems the developers only take one approach for their games during Wii U / PS4 / XBOX ONE era since the hardware was strong enough to deliver better contents, the developer didn't have to make version A / B / C for their games on multi release machines (except when they have to port their games to 3DS with lower power such as LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER: The Chase Begins, Rabbids Travel in Time, Sonic Lost World, etc)

BTW, have you ever considered some unpopular / obscure games to be played just for your curiosity and not following what is popular nowadays ?
I oftenly looking for obscure or unpopular games as they are such hidden gems with surprising or different pleasure to play when you played it. So don't be surprised if suddenly I get into some random games such as Barbie, Robots, Hannah Montana, Chicken Little Ace in Action, We Cheers 2, Boogie, Pretty Princess Party, Yonder the Cloud Cather Chronicles, etc. You will never see me talking about Metroid / Zelda / Smash Bros games, Western superheroes / too popular games by mainstream audiences as I never like them, my body reacted indifferently toward them.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx I played the WarioWare demo too, I liked it quite a bit. Pretty cool how it came out before the game's release date, like with Smash 3DS. Though I'm still more excited for Mario Party Superstars, lol. I still need to get Drill Dozer from the Wii U eShop before it gets nuked - I'd like to get that and some other GBA games from there.

I'm wondering how I can deal with that backlog problem of mine, since I have so many RPGs in it. I tend to get overwhelmed very easily, lol. I was thinking I could focus on one at a time, what are your thoughts? A few of the RPGs on my backlog include Final Fantasy VI and VII, Dragon Quest VII and XI, Persona 4 Golden, and Secret of Mana.

@tekoii Okay sounds good! I love looking forward to what's next for my favorite Nintendo franchises too. I'm always down for the next 3D Mario platformer.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
Did you still play ACNH ?
Well, I played ACNH yesterday just for maintenance and at the same time it was the last day for Firework Festival 2021.
Nothing really new for the random items from Redd, just some Bubble tea, cotton candy, ice cream treats, sparkling, balloons, etc.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter The last time I played it was on the first fireworks night.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Eel

Iā€™ve been playing Animal Crossing City Folk almost daily for quite some time now. Finally got the environmental rating to be perfect, so Iā€™ll try to keep it that way until I get the golden watering can.

I also invested all my bells on turnips today šŸ˜€

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@BruceCM From what I understand, I think I need to drum up 198+ Reputation for Adol to get the true ending. Currently sitting in the mid-140s for that milestone. Though I know I haven't found all the castaways yet. At least I'm out of the woods for the bad ending. My goal is to get the best ending, then watch the others online.

@Anti-Matter Hardware limitations certainly can play a role in game adaptations of movies and popular shows, but some of it also depends on the developer and their budget. It's no secret that many (though not all) movie or show tie-in games are known to be cashgrabs that range from mediocre to just plain bad. They're essentially selling the brand and not paying much attention to what's under the wrapping paper, so to speak. Again, that's not to say all such games are bad; there are some genuinely decent games out there whose origins aren't on a game console. An example I like to use is that many of the earlier Harry Potter games (especially anything by the studio Griptonite) are really good, and continued to be decent for the most part until EA moved all the development under their own roof.

I do occasionally hunt down hidden video game gems that I wasn't aware of before, such as Capcom's Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (Excellent game). Also those that the internet likes to bash to death even if there's a grain of decency in the game, like Metroid: Other M. However, I also research a game in advance before purchasing it to make sure it's for me. I don't really have the time to take a chance on everything that I come across, so I like to know that I'm getting my money's worth. For "bad" games that earn their reputation, I'd rather try them for a few minutes without buying if I have the option, or watch videos about them.

@MarioLover92 I don't live and die by demos, but they can certainly serve as decent purchase persuaders. XD I finally started Drill Dozer earlier and played for about an hour. Really enjoying it so far, the controls are way more intuitive than I imagined they would be. Plus, they translated the game's rumble controls to the Gamepad!

I usually don't play more than one RPG at a time; the few times I do, I make sure they're different sub-genres, such as an action RPG paired with a turn based JRPG. That way, I ensure I can devote the proper time to one and actually stand a chance of finishing it if I make it that far. Some of those RPGs you listed are quite meaty and grace my own list. XD Maybe tackle some of the shorter ones first?

Anti-Matter

@Eel
I want to ask about City Folk before suddenly I pick the game from Tokopedia.
Is there any way to keep my villagers stay forever when i will going hiatus for not playing City Folk everyday ?
I knew how to keep the villagers forever in ACNL, the villagers in ACNH will never moving out unless if you intentionally kick them out, so how about keeping the Kardashians... I mean the villagers in City Folk ?
What are their body language or dialogues that they will moving out in City Folk ?

Anti-Matter

Eel

@Anti-Matter no, the villagers will usually ask you if they should move, exactly like in New Horizons, and you can deny them thenā€¦ But eventually someone will move out if you skip playing some days. Once theyā€™re already packing, thereā€™s nothing you can do to make them stay.

Itā€™s not nice when the animal that decides to leave is one of your favorites, but I also do not have the heart to tell any of them to move out when they askā€¦ So itā€™s kind of refreshing to know Iā€™ll have a new neighbor to look at once someone moves out.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Eel
That was i really afraid of. šŸ˜±
I have to find a way to detect if my villagers will moving out so I will ask them to stay forever.
So the gameplay mechanism of City Folk was different than ACNL / ACNH in term of keeping the villagers ?
As I figured it out from ACNL, if you have asked the villagers who want to move out, once you asked them to stay and you save & quit from the game, all the villagers will never moving out by themself no matter how long you get hiatus but once you log in ACNH again after long hiatus, there will always 1 random villager will thinking about moving out in 10 days once the game get loaded and you have to find the villager who want to move out and ask them to stay (again). That's why I can leave my ACNH copies get hiatus for very long time and they will keep stay forever.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic