Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 54,481 to 54,500 of 96,492

Blooper987

My college has a weekend long event where we do stuff and meet people for the freshman. As the loner introvert who only wants wants to take his classes in peace with no personal interruptions, I’m hating every second of it.

And all the other guys in my group are semi stereotypical jocks. I’m an anime nerd who’s into chemistry and doesn’t know a thing about sports

Edited on by Blooper987

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Snatcher

@WoomyNNYes Stuff like that is just hype in my opinion.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

WoomyNNYes

@TheJGG After a certain point, everyone flips at kickoff, because flipping is a way to accelerate without boosting, which is a way to kickoff without using all your boost. Having a bit of boost after kickoff is quite advantageous. Or, perhaps you know that. I didn't know why people flipped for kickoff until like 50+ hours into the game.

I'm at the point, now, where I'm getting beat to the ball by people speed flipping. I've watched tuturials for speed flipping, but I still can't do it in a way that makes me faster. There's a speed flip training pack where if you make it to the ball before it disappears, you know you've performed a speed flip. The ball always disappears just before I get to it.

@Blooper987 Some jocks are nerds too. But I know what you mean, when you end up with a group that you don't vibe with.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

tekoii

@MarioLover92 Awesome, I sent ya a friend request ^^.. Hope we can find games to play!!

@TheJGG Thanks for taking a look at my channel. Thank you for all the kind words, it makes me feel like my work did something. I don't want to talk to much about it here cause I don't wanna violate the rules or get my posts deleted. But really I'm glad you liked my stuff. Ahh, you used to do cover music? That's mega cool, I have friends who do music, but I never learned myself. I would love to learn :3. I'd like to check out your stuff sometime too man!

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

chapuH

@WoomyNNYes I love Rocket League but I really suck at it. Could you give me a few tips?

Hope you're having a good day.

tekoii

@WoomyNNYes Nice, I'll shoot ya a friend request. We're around the same skill level, I'm diamond in 3s and hoops.

@Snatcher

Snatcher wrote:

I'm starting spelunky, wish me luck.

YES!!!! One of my favorite platformers <3 Good luck man, it's all a game of experience (and maybe patience for some xD) my friend.

jedgamesguy

@Blooper987 I felt destined to go down that same path, being an anime nerd who loves science, but it didn’t work out for either. My sister has such an addiction to anime that it’s put me off it for good. And as for science… I tend to like stuff more when I’m not marked.

So instead I’ve become both. Absolute pop culture nerd, and a sports boffin. Shame classmates are one dimensional.

@WoomyNNYes 50 hours?! I don’t think I’ve even spent half that time in the game. I did play it a lot when I first got my PS4 all those years ago, but it felt like a party game, not a game I’d play every day for five years. The game has tons of variety though, and controls so well, so I’ll give it to you. Keep pushing, you’ll get it eventually.

By the way, see the massive W Series qualifying crash? Six cars crash at Eau Rouge, one flips and two drivers sent to l’hôpital. Everyone’s okay though… thank God.

@tekoii No prob, it’s good stuff indeed, not a concept I can say I’ve seen much of. I think talking about passion projects is fine but… when it comes to services, or kickstarters it becomes an issue. I discuss my own passion projects here a lot; my music covers, a novelisation of Xenoblade Chronicles, and video game screenshots.

All of them; music included, is in my signature. I’ve been doing it for two years… still going too! It’s been very fun to unwind with it when I’m bored but it also makes some fun listening. Hopefully you’ll like what you hear.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Snatcher

@tekoii Ya I hope so, I played a demo on the ps4 early this year, and Have been waiting for a switch port before I picked it up, Heard I should start with 1 so I did.

I'm going a little light on it tho, just till I finish 100% cuphead, Only A few bosses left. And thanks!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

WoomyNNYes

If someone thinks it's better to post this in the Rocket League thread, let me know, and I'll move it there. The reason I didn't post there is because Im replying to @chapu2006 here, and everything usually gets ignored at Rocket League thread.

@chapu2006 If you search Rocket League tips on youtube, the most popular ones are all pretty decent.

You don't need air dribble skills, or crazy mechanics to be good.
Good positioning
Rotating
Reading the ball
Playing faster
They all go a long way.
(While back post rotation defense is very strong, most people won't be doing it, accept that beginners don't rotate, and most people don't know how to rotate well. You may be the only one rotating.)

Ranked matches are where skill levels are more evenly matched (rather than getting dunked on by a Grand Champ in casual matches). If you see a crazy good player in casual, save a replay of the match, and watch the match from their point of view. Its a very good way to learn.(On the Switch press L stick in at end of game to save replay.)

Playing 1v1 will make you better - makes you more proficient at getting the ball & taking it to the goal on your own. If you suck at 1v1, play exchibition 1v1 against AI.😉 Playing 1v1 against AI is a great learning tool. (I don't know how much experience you have, but this helped me a lot when I was newb-ish)

Wayton Pilkin (look at other tips videos, too.)

CBELL Corner Mistakes

Play faster Mr-Napkin

Lots of other youtubers have good, helpful content. Rizzo Live play analysis, Sunless Kahn, Virge. I'm sure I'm leaving some out.

Training packs

Basic Rebound Practice(If you're not used to hitting the ball in the air, or RIGHT after it bounces. This is the training pack that got me started)
3DBA-229E-745C-429C

If you want to improve, or struggle with anything, search it on youtube. Search defense, offense, how to rank up to gold/platinim/diamond.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@TheJGG Oh, I have 1300 hours in Rocket League now. (As a former avid skier, biker, I'm not proud of having that many hours in a game, but it's what I have currently.) It can be a good party game, but it's also a very skill based game with lots of progression. It's super fun getting better at something in the game, and taking it into matches.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

tekoii

@TheJGG I hear ya, I wish I could talk more about my channel so I can give a bit more details on certain things. I'm just a little wary cause when I mentioned my channel in my first post in this thread it got deleted D: To be clear, I wanted to both get my channel out there, and also interact with a community centered around Nintendo. Beyond just entertainment, I want my channel to inspire and to get others to get creative. I peeped your Youtube channel and Twitter, I can't quite find your music stuff. I'd like to check it out if you could help me get situated xD.

PS. I'm a huge Xenoblade fan also.. it's dope you made that Xenoblade Novel ^^!

tekoii

@Snatcher Oh, I hear ya. And, ahhhh Cuphead. Never got to play it yet, but I hear it's also difficult. I feel like you'll be right at home with Spelunky. There are cool things to do in Spelunky, kinda hard to explain, but, kind of like secret paths? Let me know how it goes :3!

Snatcher

@tekoii Oh I will, I will, My first death in the game was me Transporting into a wall. Also Are you sure you weren't a lurker before Joining this site? You sure did warm up faster them other folk I've seen.

Edited on by Snatcher

tekoii

@Snatcher lmao at the Spelunky death XD. Welcome to Spelunky ^^;; LOL. A lurker? Hmm, maybe like looking at the site before joining? I guess to a degree... but I never really latched on to anyone in particular. I was thinking, now that I started a Youtube channel, maybe people can see my channel, I can talk about Nintendo stuff with Nintendo people, and maybe make some new friends. I saw a couple comments saying stuff about coding, so I was like, oh hey, that's something I also know.

Snatcher

@tekoii You'd think you were on this site for at least a year.

Anti-Matter
Okay, who have ever watch this movie ?
I have never watch this movie, not even got interested for very long time until suddenly i bought the game ROBOTS for Gamecube, i started to get into the game.
I found some familiar voice actor from ROBOTS such as Halle Berry, Robin Williams (RIP), Ewan McGregor, etc.
If only Robin Williams still alive and not decide to get suicide....

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@tekoii
Say...
What kind of games you usually like to play ?
Well, since i am the only user here with completely different gaming taste, you might never heard of the games i played such as BEMANI games by Konami (Dance Dance Revolution, Para Para Paradise, DrumMania, Beatmania IIDX, Pop'n Music, Keyboardmania), K-1, Monster Rancher 4, Imagine series by Ubisoft, Petz series by Ubisoft, The Sims 4 PS4, My Sims games, Cooking Mama, Nintendogs, Animal Boxing NDS, etc.

Yesterday i got ROBOTS Gamecube from playasia and first time playing, i was surprised to see a great graphic in 480p 60fps from Gamecube version (i got funfact from Youtube that only Gamecube version of ROBOTS that running in 60 fps, the PS2 & XBOX version = 30 fps).
The gameplay was very similar as Ratchet & Clank as Action platformers so i quickly adapted with the game.

Anti-Matter

tekoii

@Snatcher I guess its cause I'm a Nintendo fan really..

@Anti-Matter Ahhh.. cool stuff you mentioned up there. Something akin to those games I have and play randomly is Stepmania. These days I just play a little Smash and RL mostly.. cause I don't have to necessarily like focus too hard, and I could have like a quick series of matches and then move on to something else. Though with my current backlog is something I really would like to get into (Luigi's Mansion 3, FE: Three Houses, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, etc.)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic