Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,561 to 52,580 of 54,457

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Ha, great games.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

Snatcher

Yall I just remember'd this dream I had yesterday, nintendo ended up showing a legend of zelda collection, It had wind waker, Twilight princess, and a remaster of the first game, Oh man, to bad it wasn't real.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

Teksetter

Dearest CB, so glad to see you survive (barely?) the overstimulation of E3 week and the frigid waters of the North!

COVIDberry wrote:

SPACEFIGHTER PLANETEXPLORER SCIENCEWARRIOR FEARLESSACTIONMAZEGAMEWOMAN

I don't think I'll ever see a more apt description of what I love about Metroid! I do think I can guess what your show highlight was!
I'd have to say the Dread reveal was what had me smiling the most, too.
The original NES Metroid was the only title in the series I ever completed, otherwise have only played a little Super Metroid, but I've always admired the series and kept meaning to play more. I still remember beating the original at a friends house quickly enough to get the improved ending and seeing Samus take off HER helmet. Secretly I was very pleased - what a great twist that was! Even if it wasn't mind-blowing, as I believe we all had seen Ellen Ripley kick some serious xenomorph butt around the same time, and I remember seeing Jamie Lee Curtis' character defeating Michael Myers by then, too.

COVIDberry wrote:

Rolled kayak and canoe out of storage this week, river is still cold! Saw Milky Way and hard clear stars by the marsh while coyotes howled in the distance around me!

That sounds like an uplifting time, but did the howling make your fur stand on end? Or maybe you joined in??
Either way, how inspiring! I seriously have not done enough outdoor activity lately. My father does keep 2 nice canoes in my garage, and I would love to repeat a clear night I enjoyed like 15 years ago, out on the salt pond to stir up some moon jellies and watch them blink and glow under the stars. Unlike 15 years ago, though, I might not have the upper body strength to get the canoe on top of my car! At least the 'ol Impreza isn't that tall...

That was an enlightening exchange you had with Kate! How fitting she would go with a warm rose-colored pelt. I think the blue fur is very handsome on you, and my, you are looking rakish in that new avatar pic!
If I had to choose personally, I can't help but think of jewel tones like sapphire or orchid purple, because that is what seems to go best with my skin, but we're talking fur, so... hmm... I guess maybe cranberry-colored fur for me? My long-lost love in Osaka said that azuki-bean color looks best on me.

As predicted, E3 left me desiring more than a few games. I haven't yet preordered Samus but surely will, that Cruis'n Blast racing game looks like arcade fun, there's a new Super Robot Wars game on the way in Japan, and I already reserved a Legend of Zelda Game & Watch to pick up this November. That would just be so nice to leave out on a coffee table with the hand-drawn LOZ guide I acquired last year. If I had a coffee table. I have to go get a coffee table now.

Well, I've delayed starting a load of laundry long enough. I hope you have a lovely rest of the weekend! I'll keep hovering around NL and will look forward to more COVIDberry tales whenever you find time.

Edited on by Teksetter

Teksetter

MarioLover92

TheJGG wrote:

Let it go, it's no big deal. Better late than never, right? Journeying into the unknown's good every once in a while but some things never change, like the magic of Disney films.

I see what you did there. You're right about the last thing too!

@Snatcher Okay thanks! I generally prefer no ads though.

@Sunsy Glad to hear you're having fun with it! I should check it out sometime.

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you're gonna add my Switch/3DS FC. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

ogo79

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@ogo79 Cowabunga, dude. Those are infinitely cool!

indeed, too bad they arent skeleton turtles...its a no buy

Sunsy wrote:

@ogo79 Ok, gotta admit, that's kind of cool. Reminds me, I actually ended up getting one of the TMNT characters in Brawlhalla. They're having a TMNT event in game.

the tmnt cereal and hostess pies were so good

Snatcher wrote:

@ogo79 I just noticed, each one of the pizzas in the back are the toppings the bros like to place on it, I love it!

yeah that some nice detail isnt it?

Snatcher wrote:

@ogo79 Why are they Pizza topping LOL!

haha, i figured yall guys would like that post. if i was still a turtle fan i would have bought a couple of those in a heartbeat...but theres some new golden axe skeleton variant color that hit outside of america, this is gonna be an expensive month for mr ogo. bring it on suckas!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Snatcher

Played SF V, Input system is almost the same as Fighterz (My first real 2d fighting game) but i'm a switch dude so I wold like to get all the games on the switch, So till a do that, I will train in V (And no I don't often play 2d fighting games online, to much stress for me, and its not fun)

Anti-Matter

Nintendo Switch Pro is confirmed !!!
It can play Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart as well.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

TheJGG

ThanosReXXX wrote:

My own experience with Breath of the Wild still brings a smile to my face. It was SO different than other Zelda games. The first couple of hours, I spent just hunting and gathering for food, and combining stuff, making recipes and what not. Even funnier is that even though I spent quite a few hours, I never came further than that place where the flying bird people live. Before that, I was detained WAY too long at that horse trading and resting place, the big circus tent, so to speak. I simply LOVED chasing and taming horses.

What the funny part of it is, is that I more or less infected Tyranexx with my enthusiasm for the game, and when she finally bought it and started playing it, she completely steam-rolled both the game and me, by binge-playing it and obliterating what little progress I had made within what was probably a matter of days.

I also see a lot of people on here playing games on week days, but I very rarely do that. My day job can be pretty intense and exhausting, so once I get home and I've made myself dinner, all I want to do is hang on the couch or in my lazy computer chair and watch TV. The one main exception last year was Animal Crossing, but even that has ultimately faded into the back ground. I've also never participated in any of the seasonal events. I hate stuff like that anyways: "play it now, or it's gone forever". Screw you, there's only one person who decides when he plays that game, and that is ME.

So, usually, I only play games in the weekends, because then I'll have ALL the time in the world, don't have to get up early the next day, and then I can also devote all of my attention to it. But right now, it's Euro 2020, so there's now also more TV watching in the weekends...

I'd love to have my memories of that game completely wiped just so I can re-live that experience again. I didn't even comprehend just how good that game was until I threw in... two hundred hours or so on Wii U. Helps of course that the game is utterly gorgeous, wiping the floor with the competition like it was nothing. It says the world about just how good that Zelda team is.

It'll be tough going back to the linearity of previous Zelda games after that, and it's proven to be this way. I played through Ocarina of Time, half of Twilight Princess, Link's Awakening and Skyward Sword after Breath of the Wild and at times it was frustrating to have your progress blocked, or for there to be a barrier stopping you... but SSHD's a comically easy buy for me. It's a masterpiece.

Your influence is as prominent as ever, and from what I've learned @Tyranexx clearly loves Breath of the Wild to pieces. The sequel will hopefully take this series to new heights (no pun intended), because this game was just wonderful. Animal Crossing's drawback is something I very much agree with, which is why I've enjoyed Stardew Valley so much more. Because it waits for you, and you're able to experience all the seasons, time-specific activities and such. My gaming hours are quite narrow, I'm never awake past 10pm, and I never start gaming until 9am at the earliest. I will miss stuff like fish, star fragments, whatever. Shame.

Nintendo Fan Soundtrack II - Xenoblade Novel

NintendoLife’s number one motorsport fan.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

TheJGG

@WoomyNNYes The fact that you're wearing gloves makes you look even cooler. Probably couldn't have picked a better image even if you tried! What a backstory! (even if it took a while for me to notice that puerile phallus)

@Sunsy Believe me I can make puns for days. I went into my local IKEA a few months ago and for an hour I annoyed my family with non-stop IKEA puns. Personally... it's musik to my ears. Lemme know how Frozen II ages, once again was it as good as you remember?

WoomyNNYes

In the year 2030 it will be discovered that error code 2123-1502 could have been avoided if Nintendo had given us folders.😠😠😠 (😁😉)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider
Friendly Rocket League player (diamond 1 3v3)
https://simpsons.fandom.com/wiki/Horatio_McCallister

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
Psst...
I played Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart on Nintendo Switch in handheld mode.
Look at my post on previous page.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

WoomyNNYes

You rascal! @Anti-Matter That's youtube!!!

Nice custom joycons!

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
LOL
You've figured it out. 🤣🤣🤣

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Sunsy

@TheJGG Puns are always fun. Yes, I thought it was just as good. Still remember the day I went to the theater to see it, so it brings back memories of that day too. Mom and I went together, then we had lunch afterwards. Also remember wearing an Anna and Elsa shirt I had for the day.

I usually don't go to the theater often, so it's a bit of an event for me. Especially when it's an animated series I like.

@WoomyNNYes Wouldn't surprise me, wasn't there that one Aliens game that had the AI fixed just by adjusting the game code by one letter or something?

On the subject of that error, I updated my Switch when they put the update back online (didn't initially update), and the two times I got that error, all I did was turn off the system (hold down power), and turn it back on. It's weird that that worked for me, had no trouble with downloads or updates.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

WoomyNNYes

@Sunsy That's good news you got around it. What triggered the error code for you, do you know? A game update, a purchase? Just curious.

I've been lucky so far, never go the error code. I got the 12.0.3 update when it first rolled out. I only saw one game update, Rocket League, and it updated without an error. I haven't made any purchases.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider

Sunsy

@WoomyNNYes After updating, I re-downloaded Classic Doom and Doom II, and updated Hyrule Warriors and Tetris 99. All I did was just update from the menu, and downloaded an archived game.

Pretty much tried a few games I didn't have downloaded and updated two games I haven't played in a while.

Purchases, I bought Doom Eternal due to the sale, and no problems downloading on my end.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
I still haven't update my Switch until Nintendo fix the issue. (Still version 12.0.2)

I want to ask your opinion about SEGA games as I have collected some SEGA games (Olympic games, a few of Sonic games, Virtua Tennis 4, Let's Tap) from what I have experienced from SEGA games I played, their games are tends to easy to try but hard to enjoy until finish. I still suck on traditional Sonic games, Olympic games was pretty hard to beat as some sports are not easy to be played with certain buttons schemes, Virtua Tennis was hard to beat the CPU even on Easy difficulty, Let's Tap was easy but mediocre and not beefy enough. The problems are from the control schemes, timing and gameplay design. I hardly to enjoy SEGA games I bought with "mediocre" control schemes as their games are felt hard to beat compared with similar games by different developers. Am I thinking wrong or SEGA games are mostly got critiques from gameplay control schemes ?
I oftenly heard peoples said the upcoming Sonic games will be always Blah no matter what.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

MarioLover92

@Anti-Matter I ended up updating my Switch to 12.0.3 a while ago, it's been working just fine aside from that download/update issue. No crashes, glitches, anything like that. I'm sure Nintendo will fix that error code at some point if they haven't already. I remember reading a post saying that one guy got that error code before 12.0.3 rolled out.

Sounds like you're not into Sega games to begin with. A lot of their games, at least from the Genesis era, are quite tough. There were a handful of Genesis games I've beaten, like Sonic 1, 2, 3&K, and Gunstar Heroes. Others, like Streets of Rage and the Shinobi series, I just could not finish lol. But I totally dig them. Always enjoyed old-school Sega games, and they get better the more you play them, I think.

@Sunsy That's cool you managed to find a way to fix it, I might give that a shot. I've been restarting the console and continually picking "continue" if the download doesn't want to do its job. I've been hearing people aren't getting that error anymore, hopefully it'll be like that for us!

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you're gonna add my Switch/3DS FC. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

TheJGG

@Sunsy Yeah same. I've visited the cinema three times in the last year and a half, once for Frozen II, another for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, and another for Avengers: Endgame, a film too good to miss even for a person who admittedly isn't a Marvel fan! I could probably extend that back to the start of 2019 honestly, I haven't seen many movies lately.

My own memory of seeing Frozen II is very easy to dig up; I brought... maybe five people, and had a nice eat at a nearby restaurant after we finished. A beautiful experience. To relieve the feeling of seeing a film in the cinema, feeling the noise, and seeing it on the big screen... something I need to do when cinemas open and are showing a good film.

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
I still haven't finished SEGA games I bought due to its difficulty.
I felt upset for being lost in a row for Virtua Tennis 4 Versus mode. I played other cartoonish Tennis games by different game company and mostly I won the match.
I still suck at playing Sonic Generations PS3 as running in very high speed and quick trigger for certain action commands could make me got panic attack. I cannot respond something very quick.
Sonic Lost World 3DS was really hard even on World 1 (fallen into bottomless pit oftenly) and I neglected the game for several months.
Olympic games are mixed of good and bad. Beijing 2008 was really hard from control schemes, London 2012 and Tokyo 2020 are better than Beijing 2008 but some sports are still hard to enjoy as control schemes are the real issue.
Let's Tap Wii was easy but the game felt really bare bones, I rarely to play it once I have unlocked everything.
And to look at other Sonic games, indeed they are cute, the world design are colorful but I still thinking twice about their gameplay as their games looks easy to play but hard to control, left some sour experiences after playing SEGA games.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic