Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,561 to 52,580 of 96,503

BruceCM

Nah, I have a PC, @ThanosReXXX.... I'll let you know how I get on with it after playing, then, @Tyranexx, although I do hear it's a bit of a confusing game to play

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Wait, there was a Yokai Watch Buster mode from Yokai Watch 2 ?! šŸ˜²
And it was multiplayer oriented ?
Wel, Busters T from Yokai Watch 3 was Single player oriented and i assumed Busters T was probably Yokai Watch Busters 3 but since the sales of Yokai Watch Busters 2 wasn't good (overprinted copies, less profit) i think Level-5 changed their plan by put the Yokai Watch Busters 3 that probably will have individual physical release but it got featured onto Yokai Watch 3 instead as updates. Same thing happened to Yokai Watch Busters Rabbit Crew, the Japanese version have physical release as the third version after Red Cat and White Dog but for English version, Rabbit Crew added onto both Red Cat and Ehite Dog from update (or probably already inside the cartridge together)

And yeah... Yokai Watch Blaster English version were like nowhere to be founded after 2 years released.
I got White Dog Squad USA version on year 2019 together with Metroid Prime Federation Force after i sold my Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 PS4 as i have no interest anymore to deal with Organizations XIII. I need Red Cat Corps to complete my Yokai Watch Blasters collection but it seems Red Cat Corps also nowhere to be founded in my country.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Looking forward to your impressions!

@Anti-Matter Yep, but that mode didn't ship with the game; I downloaded it as part of a huge free update for my copy of Yo-kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls. I believe you're correct, the normal Busters games do have single player modes. I'm sort of bummed I slept on them and didn't pick up one of the two early, but as with Yo-kai Watch 3 I had assumed they'd stick around as long as the first two releases. I think the problems were that the series didn't take off like Level-5 thought it would outside of Japan, so after printing too many copies of the first two releases, they really started limiting the supply chain for later releases to (understandably) save money. I just wish I'd known about the limited stock in advance so that I could have pre-ordered. I rarely preorder games unless I really want a special edition or if it's a very limited release.

I've considered downloading one of the Busters games and YW3 - I'm not a fan of digital but will get a game that way if there's no other option - but the game sizes are too large for my micro SD card. I'd rather not upgrade it at this point either.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Man...
At this rate, the Yokai Watch games became more valuable than Pokemon games from its rarity. Pokemon 2D games on NDS, GBA maybe really expensive on Ebay but for Yokai Watch games, Yokai Watch 3 English version is nowhere to be founded (Only Japan version still available with quite a lot quantity), Blasters series only PAL version still available in limited quantity. Surprisingly, Yokai Watch 1 & 2 English version still have quite a lot quantity on Ebay but Spectre Spirits only available on PAL version as the USA version is already extinct. But Spectre Spirits is not really big deal as you can get All Wicked Yokai from Yokai Watch 3, together with All Yokai from Yokai Watch 2 games.

There is some temptation to own Japanese Yokai Watch games. If you owned Yokai Watch Busters 1 + Yokai Watch 3 + Yokai Watch Sangokushi, you can get Exclusive Yokai from each Save data games for Yokai Watch Busters 2, same thing with Yokai Watch 3 that you can get Exclusive Yokai from having Save data from other Yokai Watch games Japanese version.
But.... You know. I love Japan but reading all Japanese texts when i still have low proficient of Japanese texts (only can read Hiragana, Katakana, Kanji with Furigana on top) it was kinda not really 100% enjoyable as i always skipped the dialogues quickly for not understand the meaning unless if i noticed some Japanese texts that i understood the meaning. As long there are some walkthrough videos by AbdallahSmash, i can enjoy the game with all Japanese texts. Beside, i have dealt with all Japanese texts for other Japanese exclusive games on other machines so i must prove myself if i really love Japan, at least i can play Japanese texts games until finished (Already done from Yokai Watch 3 Tempura).

Probably i will get Yokai Watch 3 USA digital version when 3DS eshop is about getting shutdown in the future. I have finished the Japanese version so the English version is like a double dip experience for me and i have play to again from zero.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter The advantage that the Pokemon games have is that they were mass-produced, though the older titles are indeed expensive. Too, the series is more popular worldwide. I'd forgotten that Spectre Spirits/Psychic Specters also didn't have much of a print run, though there was a time it was available and I could've grabbed it. However, I went with Fleshy Souls instead since it was way cheaper online and didn't really find the additions in Psychic Specters to be very important.

I would like to learn Japanese, or at least how to read and understand it. I unfortunately don't have adequate time to sink into studying it right now though. I've heard Hiragana and Katakana aren't too difficult to learn, it's mainly all the Kanji that can get confusing. You're ahead of me on that front since you can at least read some of what you're playing.

@TheJGG Ironically, I just (finally) watched the Advance Wars Treehouse segment a little bit ago while eating dinner. It's indeed a lot like Fire Emblem in many ways, just in a modern setting with some different mechanics at play. Three Houses isn't the only Fire Emblem I haven't played, even if you only count releases that came West. I also need to play the Tellius games, though both the GameCube and Wii game are pretty expensive right now. The rest are Japan-only. It still confuses me that Binding Blade never officially came overseas; after how well FE7/Blazing Blade did (the entry after it, but Blazing is a prequel of Binding), I'm surprised it wasn't localized down the line. Maybe those will see a similar dual release as Advance Wars at some point?

The steelbook for Metroid Dread looks very nice, and I really want the art book too. Not too fussed about the cards, but they'll be nice to look at. XD

As these are posts, I'm not worried about what time they arrive. Though I make it a point to try to stay off my electronics in the middle of the night. Typically my goal is to fall back to sleep, not bombard my eyes with blue light.

On Breath of the Wild: At least I'm fully set for a future playthrough! Though what I'll be going through won't be much different from those who had the game since launch and had to wait for the DLC to drop. I'll be honest, the Age of Calamity DLC hasn't enticed me at all so far. I am glad you brought up the point that the next round, according to the producer, will have a stronger story focus. THAT would catch my attention more if it's meaningful. Master Mode files are separate? That's good info, thanks! I wouldn't be nearly as cautious about starting a new file in that case. Duly noted for when I finally do take the plunge. As long as it isn't like a Souls game, I'll probably manage.

On Final Fantasy Origins: I think they hammered home the "angry man" concept quite well in that trailer. XD Agreed on the textures looking quite muddy, and none of the playable characters seem that appealing. Decent game or no, that trailer is prime meme material.

Believe it or not, you're making Stardew Valley sound way more appealing than New Horizons right now. With how you put it, time certainly sounds like less of a hassle than having to conform to AC's time system. Better than Undertale in your opinion? The latter is a game I really have been meaning to pick up but haven't just yet. I've heard a facet of the fan community for it can be a bit...obsessive, but I'm not crazy enough to wander my way into those echo chambers. I'm sure I could find plenty of adequate help on this site if I got stuck. I love pixel art and, honestly, do find both games attractive on the visual front.

Similar thoughts here in regard to both Disney and Nintendo. Both played significant roles in my childhood and still factor into my everyday interests quite a bit. Both also make some confusing decisions regarding their legacy content/buried gold mines. Raya and the Last Dragon and Luca are both on my ever-changing Movies To See list. The local theater is operating, and I mentally smacked myself when I was told they actually had aired the former until recently. I hope they carry the latter; $5 Tuesdays are quite tempting!

You've been to Nintendo's New York store? That place is on my bucket list, but so far the closest city I've been to there is Philadelphia for a work-related conference. I'd more than likely spend more than I need to in there, but I'll make sure to go in with a budget when I do make it! Persona 5 Strikers wouldn't have been my pick for a first game to start with, but I hope your friend is enjoying their new Switch! I recommend both Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild to just about anyone who asks what Switch games are must-haves. I'd do the same with 3D World, though I can't speak for the Switch version yet. I do intend to grab it as well.

Spider-Man sounds quite mobile, so I'm sure I'll enjoy swinging around New York when the opportunity comes. I probably spent about ~45 hours on Rise and almost ~50 hours (including some post-game content and a couple of retries) on Fire Emblem Echoes. I'm an explorer and a reader, so if you put those in the same game...hello more hours. XD I try to be less of a completionist these days. Unless I really dislike a game, I do try to reach the end credits though. Honestly, in the grand scheme of things those times aren't long. However, lately there have been some days where I'm lucky to fit in an hour of gaming on a work evening if any at all. Typically that time slot is closer to 1.5-2 hours an evening.

I'm glad to read you've fully recovered from your vaccine experience! I tend to take things a little slow if I've recently been ill to try not to reverse my recovery. Stinks that the nice dinner has to be put off, but it'll taste all the better when that dinner date finally rolls around! I don't remember a ton about that dream, only the more vivid bits. I was asleep for a lot of it, but there were a few moments where I knew I was awake. I'd say I was somewhat delirious at that point, as I also recall getting out of bed to put on socks because my feet were so cold; I was so out of it that I didn't register I was sick until the next morning. I'd certainly use the FFO reveal as an excuse for the fever dream if I were you! Pneumonia can indeed be fatal; a couple more days of no treatment, and I would've likely been hospitalized. Thanks! It took some time to recover, but to my knowledge I haven't had a case of it since.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

jedgamesguy

You actually sold your Xbox @BruceCM?! Good choice, Switch is better by a country mile and then someā€¦ ;p

In all seriousness because of Windowsā€™ close integration with Xbox you could get away with it. If youā€™ve read up on Windows 11, which releases in a few months time, it has much more integration with Xbox, most notably Game Pass is pre-installed.

@Zuljaras You are incredibly lucky to have a fiancƩe that can read you that well!

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Anti-Matter

@BruceCM
Not every games on PC.
Some 3rd party games only available on consoles (Well, the games i meant was the casual and obscure games).
You better get some PlayStation machines.
I played PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 & PSP games with actual machines. Don't care with the games that also available on PC since i have no interest with PC games anymore (used to be played The Sims 1, Spore, The Sims 3 PC but not anymore) and i don't care with beefy PC specs as long consoles still have proper power to play the games. Don't care also with Game Pass and cheap Steam games since i insist physical games release or no buy & no play.
I only have a few XBOX games (OG XBOX and XBOX 360) with only DDR and Kinect games, nothing else. But i still haven't got the machines yet, so i keep the games, waiting for a chance to get USA version of OG XBOX and XBOX 360 machine. I saw Nothing worthy from XBOX ONE and Series X/S as their library games are exactly 99% same as PlayStation version.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

So, i was wondering, are there FOUR individual Jurassic storyline from LEGO Jurassic World PS4 ?
I have "finished" the first Jurassic game where all the peoples escaped to helicopter, left the other two peoples got chased by T-Rex and the Credit roll being played (i was thinking was that already finished). And after credit roll, it returned to helicopter landing pad with THREE different Jurassic movies. I chose the middle and currently i'm in different story of Jurassic. I don't really care about what is going on, not interested with Jurassic franchises since i'm not movieholic

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

Lord I have way to many games on my plate, And its not that many at all, its how much time said games take, I'm going to take a break from DBZ xeno soon, but the reason that game eats up my time for other games like super metroid is the damn RNG, and not like MH but worst.

And thats kinda all I wanted to say, Maybe I will make a text wall but I try to voice my opinion as much as possible wile trying to voice it as least as possible, Cuz I don't want to get into big arguments With other user's so for the most part I will end a Argument as much as possible, But I'm starting to think its not good for me to do so, Cuz All of these opinions I have bottled up But I don't say manly bc whenever I try to for real, I get bashed for it Sigh I could look back to all the moments that I try to join in on something as respectfully as possible and still get hated for it.

Thats all I really wanted to say, wanted to get this of my chest, Might make a text wall or somthin later idk, I think i'm just going to take a break on the games for the day, bc I spent so much time getting the dragon balls. and man every time I have to do it, I hate it soooooo much.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but Iā€™m very much alive!

Eel

@Anti-Matter Lego Jurassic World has lego recreations of the first four Jurassic Park movies, so, while the movies are connected, itā€™s not one single long story.

Each ā€œmovieā€ has its own world map, story levels, characters, and credits.

All of the Lego games based on movie franchises are like this, so Iā€™d recommend not buying them if what you want another Lego City Undercover.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher I said this to @MorningRain and @Sunsy, if you donā€™t enjoy a game anymore, stop playing it. Iā€™ve been in situations where you just hack away at an objective mindlessly and it just feels so meaningless. I do it every day whenever I race in Gran Turismo, I made the mistake of racing a 200 lap oval race for crying out loud. Even though I got a special trophy it was still a waste of a good hour. If you have a streaming service maybe kick back and watch a movie today? Thereā€™s more to life than games, as incredible as games can be.

Grinding is horrible, so I recommend you spend time playing a game that rewards your time, not wastes it!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Anti-Matter

@Eel
When i can access custom LEGO from LEGO Jurassic ?
Currently i'm in mission at jungle with three peoples (i chose the middle from Jurassic series).
Am i still far away to get access to custom my LEGO appearances ?
And what was the credit roll i saw after all peoples got evacuated into helicopter ?

"Each ā€œmovieā€ has its own world map, story levels, characters, and credits."

Wait, so there are four different free roaming world ?

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@TheJGG Ya I'm going to take it light on games today, the thing is, I think this game is great, yes it has alot of issues but I think its pretty good, I picked up on sale thinking I would hate it and I ended up liking it alot, I'm telling you the main reason people drop this game, is bc of grinding, and some games, alot of RPG's actually, don't have grinding this bad, sure its a drag but it doesn't stop you from doing every little thing ever in a game, This game is a mix of RPG and fighting.

Here's what I mean, I want to change my character, bc I feel like they were rushed with no real thought or work put into them, well you just can't Go and change them, you need to find the dragon balls first and then you can change them, and you have to do this every time, Updates did change it so that you can actually change your skin color and hair without needing the dragon balls, I mean I guess its better then MH having you pay to do that so I can't really say I have it bad.

But they need a mode or something to get the dragon balls in, Like say in DBZK In that game you need to look around the world and find the Dragon balls, You can find them via tracker, And after you use it I think you need to wait 30 or an hour before using them again, (Which is one year in the game) No DBZX2 doesn't have any method like this, its all by chance its all random, I'm telling you when I say RNG ruins this game, its puts it up its butt, and then puts it on your plate (Nasty I know but its the truth) I could give you a list of reasons as to why It sucks but I will stop here.

Like I said I really loves this game, and I'm not going to drop it over this, If I need a break (Say like today) I will go do something else or try to clear my backlog. I really do love this game, I would score it a 8/10 Mainly bc of the RNG, And I know if they do a 3, they could fix it, I mean there still adding DLC do this game years later, and I heard that this game is just Xeno 2.0 so it would not be a big leap to think that 3 would act as a 3.0.

Ha, I needed this, I feel much better now, I don't have that annoyed feeling anymore, I think I just needed to talk about it, thanks man.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Eel

@Anti-Matter

Jurassic Park 1 and Jurassic World are set in Isla Nublar, several decades apart.

Jurassic Park 2 and Jurassic Park 3 are set in Isla Sorna, on opposite sides of the island.

So while yeah each story has a unique map, they are technically set on the same two islands.

Something unique about Lego Jurassic World, which I donā€™t think youā€™ll like a lot, is that instead of letting you create your own charactersā€¦ They let you customize dinosaurs. So, the only human characters you can use are the ones you unlock.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Anti-Matter

@Eel
I found the video of LEGO character customization on LEGO Jurassic from Youtube.

It has specific job assignment, hat part, body part, bottom part, accesory, etc.
I don't know when i can finally edit my LEGO characters.

Anti-Matter

Eel

@Anti-Matter ah. The version of the game I played the most was on 3ds, and that one absolutely didnā€™t have it.

That looks like you just need to reach that part of the <Jurassic World> map. Looks like the big central building.

Guess I should play the big console version of the game a bit more.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ogo79

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@ogo79 You're posting a LOT indeed. It's almost un-ogo like...
But good to see that you're not crawling into/hiding in your shell, which would be an entirely natural response to losing a loved one, so that's a positive note for ya.

By now, you've collected more than enough skeletons for people to not just find them in your closet. I wonder what happens whenever someone else ultimately inherits all of that. Oh, the stories they will tell about crazy old ogo79 and his skeleton fetish...

thats the fun part, when i pass i have to decide who inherits this stuff, well i have to decide before i pass i assume...and thanks for the comment about not hiding in my shell, although it feels that way over here, coming here does wonders, it always has. its the community that ive always liked.
https://www.nintendolife.com/users/Mr_Trill_281
he passed away, he posted here, he lived in the same hood i grew up in and went to the same elementary/high school i did as well. he knew people i knew, yet...i dont remember growing up around him. its a small world

Zuljaras wrote:

@ogo79 I think that you will like this. This is a figure my fiancƩ bought me 4 years ago when I started my new job. It sat in front of my monitors at the office! She know I love creepy things and I indeed love it. I had to go to the office after year and a half to get it back because of the pandemic Now it is at home

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

hahaha thats smooth! yer fiancƩ has a great taste in gifts, i would have went back to my old job to retrieve that as well

bimmy-lee wrote:

@ogo79 - Itā€™s a continuous and unrelenting gut punch at first man. Every time you catch your breath, bam, another punch. Itā€™s normal, natural, and it does stop being this way. It just takes our dumb brains a long time to move on from, ā€œthey canā€™t be goneā€ when they definitely are gone. When you get on the other side of that particular gutter, you can begin to see the beauty of the full picture. Itā€™s just real rough getting there.

real talk man, i appreciate that

Anti-Matter wrote:

I'm sure @ogo79 will like these Skeleton Yokai from Yokai Watch 3.
Untitled

Oh, there is another one.
Untitled

(Names are my choices, not based on actual Yokai name in games due to limitation 8 digits letter)

I didn't even use those Skeleton Yokai LOL.
Not a fan of bones thing.

those remind me of mother 3, not a bad thing at all...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Snatcher

@ogo79 Saying as you love these skelo boys, you should (If you haven't already) Check out hades as they got cool skeleton, and do tell me if you have a opninion on sans the skeleton from undertale.

Passing down all your stuff, its a pretty wild thing to think about, well, whoever it is they better respect every single skeleton in that closet!

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter So dude, I think I have been getting better at taiko, Bc I have been able to FC about four songs so far, I know there on normal mode but its quite a feat for me.

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher One of the strengths of Persona, a game with monster collecting and heavy RPG/social life elements, is that you can change the difficulty and experience you get. On the easiest possible difficulty (Safe), you get three times the normal experience, so levelling up is usually very easy. I'm not in it to git gud so I just defeat the normal enemies that get in my way, and maybe a few optional challenges but otherwise I'm well levelled thanks to that mechanic. Games that offer ways of eliminating grinding are; Final Fantasy X (PC), FF8, FF7 since you can turn off random encounters with the flick of a switch.

I'll tell ya a game that's grindy to the point it's near unplayable; Octopath Traveller. I put over a hundred hours into that game and I probably won't play it again. Why? Grinding. The enemies offer so little experience, the levels require too much, the party members who aren't fighting don't get experience, and the level increase is so massive you spend more time grinding than doing story. For one boss you need to be Lv9 or so, and the next you need to be Lv26, then Lv41, then Lv48. I hate that game for the mechanics, as much as it looks nice.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic