Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,581 to 52,600 of 96,526

Snatcher

@TheJGG Ya That sounds worst then Xeno TBH, at least you can play the game, its just that unlocking stuff is really grindy, And don't get me wrong it can actually be a fun type of grinding some times, as its not RNG based, but if its based around to much RNG it can ruin the game.

And some game kinda need RNG to be fun, fall guys comes to mind as it totally needs RNG for it to actually be fun, if that makes sense.

I did like how you could turn of encounters in FF7.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
Well, keep going.
Play from Easy and Normal difficulty first.
Taiko no Tatsujin songs are mostly normal songs, very few songs came with BPM gimmicks.
Since you can pass Easy level, to able pass the Normal level, listen the music carefully and keep your eyes on more denser buttons to press. Try to tap your finger with 1/4 & 1/8 notes for practice when you are not playing rhythm games.
1/4 note is a normal tempo for 4/4 song, while 1/8 note is 2 times faster.
Let say 1/4 note like this:
Tap - tap - tap - tap.
When there is one 1/8 note on it:
Tap - tap - tap tap tap (the bold is the 1/8 note)
When there are three 1/8 notes on it:
Tap tap tap tap tap tap tap (the bold is the 1/8 note)

Btw, i found a Taiko no Tatsujin maker from Youtube and this song from DDR SuperNOVA (CHAOS) with 42 stop gimmicks will definitely messed you up if you don't know the timing of the stops.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Lord, its just going to get harder from here uh?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

BruceCM

Can't say I have read up on Win 11, @TheJGG .... It'll be offered as a free upgrade, so I'd probably get it as soon as it's offered, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
This is another video of Taiko no Tatsujin with DDR A song Endymion on it (the hardest DDR song ever).

Remember, this is Taiko no Tatsujin maker which you can put any songs and create the stepchart on it.

Anti-Matter

ogo79

Snatcher wrote:

@ogo79 Saying as you love these skelo boys, you should (If you haven't already) Check out hades as they got cool skeleton, and do tell me if you have a opninion on sans the skeleton from undertale.

Passing down all your stuff, its a pretty wild thing to think about, well, whoever it is they better respect every single skeleton in that closet!

sans from undertale looks cool, havent played the game but i immediately noticed he was well...a skeleton.
as far as hades goes, i didnt get the results on google im looking for, as im curious on this now. care to point me in the right direction?
im interested

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx My impressions of Advance Wars is similar, and the impression Three Houses gave me is enough to suggest I’d really like this. Great to see Nintendo bringing stuff back from decades ago, the only way I had heard of the game before the Direct was in sadness. I don’t know specifically how big or small Intelligent Systems is as a company, how many developers they have, et cetera, but I hope this isn’t the only think the company is working on, because if it is then they’re remaking two (admittedly popular and acclaimed) games and doing nothing else creatively. Wonder if another Fire Emblem remake’s in the works though, that’d be good news for me as well!

It took me until…. maybe two days ago, to realise just how significant this Metroid game truly is. It’s been in the works for nearly twenty years but was abandoned several times because the DS hardware constrained the team’s creative vision. The game was teased and hinted at for years as well but nothing happened, and now this was announced to unanimous praise. My thoughts at the time of the Direct were; “This looks incredible, but I’m a little confused as to why people prefer 2D Metroid titles to 3D…”, but I’m starting to understand why. I’ll be damned if I don’t get this game, so I’m very excited to dive into the Metroid series with Metroid Dread. Yoshio Sakamoto spoke unbelievably highly of MercurySteam, so I am encouraged massively.

Sometimes I do get messaged at night, but somehow I manage to sleep through them despite having my phone next to me at a bedside table at times. I can hear the vibration very clearly but in deep sleep nothing happens. That’s obviously a good thing seeing as how my sleep is precious…

Glad to hear you’ve gotten the record straight with Breath of the Wild, you now know all the basics you need to know. The DLC doesn’t massively change the way the game is played; except in the hours after you leave the Great Plateau, since you’ll maybe stumble across a piece of DLC armour that gives you a lot of defence. I need to comment on that actually, the way the game introduces stronger and stronger weapons feels so natural in my various playthroughs. The same applies to armour, whether you find it, buy it or otherwise, you rarely come across a ridiculously overpowered piece of kit unless you’re actively looking for it.

It’s worth mentioning that while the standard Breath of the Wild game mode has five auto-save files and a manual save, Master Mode only has one of each, so if you make a big mistake you’d of course want to re-load your save as soon as you can. Personally I’ve never reloaded a save file but it’s nice to know it’s there. Besides, the loading screen is blood red. That’s awesome. It’s not difficult per se but you’ll need to be much more careful in the Great Plateau, the blue Bokoblins (there are no red ones) can kill you in one hit most times. Without a weapon they take off two hearts. Be very careful! But enjoy it.

Jack, Ash and Jed. Probably the most meaningless and bland Final Fantasy protagonist names I have seen yet. Never thought I’d see the latter used for a snarky pink haired guy but hey, there’s a first for everything. I’m not the kind of person to U-turn like that on my opinion of a game, if this game wants my respect it’ll need to prove it’s good. And having raced through Final Fantasy XV a month ago I’ve had my fair share of bro road trips for one lifetime. Bring on the heroines!

Having invested a lot of time into both games I firmly believe that Stardew Valley is a better game than AC: New Horizons. Primarily because the entire game was developed by just one man; Eric “ConcernedApe” Barone, and has been supported with updates for the last five years. Another programmer helped him with the multiplayer update but the design, score, world, art, writing, is all him and it’s such an impressive feat to be loved the world over, and even more to have deserved every line of praise. New Horizons has more content, a larger world and less repetitiveness but has less… charm I suppose. One of the best things about Stardew is the fact that you can romance no less than twelve completely unique personalities in the game. Six male, and six female. I’ve managed to go through an entire “calendar year” and there’s still loads to do. Granted most of it’s up to you but things like random daily quests, sporadic story quests, the mines, and farming keep me coming back.

Undertale is a fantastic game, the ideas, music and design are really fresh and all but even as far as indie games go it’s a very difficult game to look at. The art’s quite crude, simply put. The fan community can be great but I simply don’t care for it; it’s too toxic. You can enjoy the game completely by yourself if so desired. I played the game (and bought it twice) because of fan raving, so of course the community played their part. The music’s good, and the motifs play off each other nicely, but sometimes it can feel very lacking in imagination. This doesn’t mean I hate the game, far from it. The fan base kills it for me, but I’d recommend Undertale as a short, meaningful experience about morality and mercy. We’ll be here should you want help!

Unlucky there; Raya and the Last Dragon is a film that deserves to be seen in cinemas. It has a true cinematic quality that some live action films fail to replicate. Though I don’t know why your local cinema pulled the movie since in my opinion there haven’t been many good films over the last eighteen months, and this is firmly in the good category. Same with Luca, but that one’s a really comfy stay-at-home Sunday night flick, which deserves all the praise it gets. Luca has a very emotional climax so for feels you can’t get much better than that. It evokes a really strong sense of nostalgia, even though I haven’t been to that part of Italy in my life. It’s so homely and so… beautiful that it warrants a visit in future.

Sorry to hear you haven’t had the chance to visit Nintendo’s New York store, I hope you get it soon! It was honestly a little disappointing, though I don’t know what to expect seeing as how I’m more into T-shirts as a form of memorabilia. I had such a paltry amount of money to spend that all I bought was Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and a cap with the Hylian crest in black with a golden outline. I’d recommend setting aside $100, because why would you get a game there?! There’s some neat merch that I stupidly missed out on; and my friends mocked me for the longest time about it.

I think the only reason I bought Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury was because of the added game. The extra performance also enticed me, I’m a performance over power person any day. Sixty frames per second is something that is a true pleasure in life, so to see the game run like butter is a joy. You’ve played the game already I presume, but getting it again; I’d give it a light recommend. Not essential by any means but if your Wii U gets destroyed in a freak accident then you can pick it up. I managed to get to Champion’s Road though, so I made use of it.

I mentioned Disco Elysium, that’s apparently set for a summer release on Switch. I needn’t say much more for fear of repeating myself, other than if you’re a reader you’ll love it. I’m not sure how long Spider-Man will take but I certainly hope the time I spend is worth it. I made sure to specifically buy the Ultimate Edition of Spider-Man: Miles Morales, because it had a download code of the original game remastered for PS5, that’s a longer game. Miles Morales is like Uncharted: The Lost Legacy in that it’s a standalone game with familiar characters, but shorter than a main game and therefore priced cheaper. It is priced at £49.99 though so it’s not cheap for Switch owners. For reference Cyberpunk 2077 was reinstated on the PlayStation Store… at a price point of £39.99. Wow. Give me a discount and a few dozen more patches and I may get the game.

My summer purchase schedule (subject to change) looks like; Skyward Sword HD in July, something in August to tide me over (maybe Monster Hunter, or the original The World Ends With You based on if NEO: TWEWY is good), September; something to be decided, depends on if we have a Nintendo Direct or not, Metroid in October for sure, the Age of Calamity DLC in November and… Christmas…

If you cross the disgustingly moody FFO lighting with the broken castle of Breath of the Wild’s sequel, and then have me rebuilding it stone by stone, that’s my fever dream. I remember very well last year putting on three layers of socks to try and fight illness, as well as three layers of clothes. I really hope this doesn’t happen again… but I also don’t hope you contract pneumonia again, that was a very fortunate save. Having a family that knows how to recognise the symptoms is very valuable, so to hear that scare was staved because of their reliability is fantastic. Stay well and enjoy the Sunday; I know I will, today’s another episode of this year’s F1 championship battle. Take care!

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

ogo79

i had this guy as a kid, but...
if anyone here juuust happens to own this and its brand new and willing to make some cash let me know:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
i dont own him anymore...
name yer price

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Snatcher

@ogo79 Ok I will give you two choices just so I know for sure. the least you know about the characters in the game the better, so if you ever plan on playing the game one day I wouldn't look at any wiki's, I would play for myself, now if you don't care about any of that, I will point so happily.

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Oh ok, I thought it was drum n fun for a bit, Does Drum n fun have any DDR song? I was also thinking about getting the miku pack for drum n fun since, well miku is playable.

BruceCM

Well, I'm not so keen as to join the insiders to beta test it for them, @TheJGG .... Thanks for the article, though!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
No.
The Taiko no Tatsujin videos I showed to you was a Rhythm game maker software, not official. Same as Stepmania, the DDR maker for PC. With that software, you can turn any MP3 songs into rhythm games. You can create the stepchart pattern as you like. The Taiko no Tatsujin videos I showed to you looks legit but they were actually not official. Peoples have done a lot with kind of rhythm maker softwares for PC and that's maybe the reason Konami stop making DDR for consoles because peoples can make their own DDR on PC with any songs they want. There are some simfiles (the folder of MP3 with stepchart pattern and other things) you can find on website and they are Free since they are fan made.

The song that also appear on both DDR and Taiko no Tatsujin was Cirno Perfect Math Class.
Oh, some of Vocaloid songs (Hatsune Miku) also appeared on DDR, MaiMai and Taiko no Tatsujin games.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Whew...
I got sleepy while playing LEGO Jurassic PS4 until my young brother called my name to wake up when he saw me got sleepy during playing. 😅
Something that i have never experienced before when playing LEGO games.
Or maybe the relentless mission from storyline that put me into sleep ?

Anti-Matter

Dogorilla

@TheJGG Thanks for sharing that article, I was curious about what was new in Windows 11 but, er, hadn't bothered to look it up myself, lol. The most interesting addition for me is being able to use Android apps, as there's a few old games I'd like to play that have only been rereleased on mobile, like Final Fantasy Tactics, and I'd rather play them on PC (or Switch ideally but that's not an option sadly). I know there are already Android emulators but presumably this will be able to run them natively.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

jedgamesguy

@Dogorilla I didn’t think about it too much but I realised that running Android apps natively on PC can be huge for gaming and such. I agree; there are some games that can and should be on Switch but are stuck on mobile. The first game that comes to mind is Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster, a game that seemingly belongs on Switch, yet is on mobile and PC. Makes programs like Bluestacks obsolete now though… Hope you found it interesting!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

bimmy-lee

@ogo79 - That giant Inhumanoids figure is probably worth a fortune. Big and rare. Best I can do is offer you that color changing Swamp Thing figure that’s stuck in its chest in the second pic, but only if it’s in the old toy bin. I’ll let you know.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Questions333

Hey, I'm new here and just had a quick question.

So we've been working on translating the new Mario Kart and I heard rumor and wanted to know if it was true. Apparently it started development back in 2016 then went on hiatus, then started again late 2017 and went on hiatus again until 2019. Does anyone know if this is true? And if so, why was the project put on hold so many times?

Questions333

jedgamesguy

Wouldn't put money on a new Mario Kart title now...

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic