Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,581 to 52,600 of 54,346

Tyranexx

Yeesh. Thankful it's the weekend, but it's already Sunday. X_X This next week shouldn't be quite as crazy, but it'll still be a busy one.

@ThanosReXXX No worries. I was just rolling along with the joke lol. I figured if you didn't want someone browsing your Switch catalogue, you would've set it to private ages ago.

I wouldn't say I binged Breath of the Wild per se, but it certainly ate up most of my gaming time over a period of about 2 1/2 months! Absolutely loved the game. I picked up the expansion pass in the recent eShop sale, so I'll likely revisit that version of Hyrule again before too long. Mostly just to do the extra content though. No intentions of starting over right now.

@BruceCM Thanks for the video link! My week has been so bonkers that I still haven't caught up on most of the Treehouse segments I want to watch. The only exception is WarioWare: Get It Together, but the segment was only ten minutes. XD Easy enough to fit in when I'm eating.

@TheJGG I really love Breath of the Wild! I'm not sure I'd call it my favorite Zelda game, but it certainly breaks my top five. The series sets such a high bar that it's easier for me to rank the titles I'm not as fond of but still range from good to decent (barring TFH... ugh). I mentioned this in my response to Thanos above, but I picked up the expansion pass in the current sale. I hope to revisit that version of Hyrule and at least dive into the Champion's Ballad soonish.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

TheJGG

@Tyranexx Fantastic! That'll ensure Nintendo's stranglehold on your weekend'll stay as strong as ever. I found that with this DLC and Age of Calamity's DLC (which I haven't gotten...), they both offer little in actual story expansion but more of the stuff you know and love. And bloody hell is the stuff you love expansive in Breath of the Wild.

Me? I'm gonna be busy hacking away at my four new PS4/5 games... I'll mention those in detail later. Good to see ya!

Nintendo Fan Soundtrack II - Xenoblade Novel

NintendoLife’s number one motorsport fan.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
It strange that I'm not a fan of Zelda games but I have some interest with the clones (Evoland 1 & 2, Oceanhorn 2, A Knight's Quest)
So everything about Zelda games just turned me off (I have ever got intrigued by BOTW on year 2017, bought the game, played for several minutes, felt disappointed then I stop playing the game)

Random thing, I still keep playing Yokai Watch 3 Tempura despite it lost popularity as Pokemon games overshadowed Yokai Watch franchises. I still thinking Yokai Watch games felt better than Pokemon games in term of battle system and storyline (I prefer a real adventure with natural story flow in Yokai world, facing with real danger of wicked Yokai as villain rather than a cookie cutter of 10 years old kid's journey to become Pokemon master by leaving from Mom's house, meeting with professor, facing gym leaders, facing the villain team, facing legendaries at the end, etc as from my perception the whole story of Pokemon games looks like artificial adventures. Predictable, not surprising.)
Also, I still have love feeling with Damajor Nine (Merican Yokai) and made me keep continuing the game progress.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Yeah, worth noting I got the update when it got re-released. So I can't speak for those who downloaded it the first time around. I do find it odd that if it is a fixed version, why they used the same version number. I feel it should have been "12.0.3a" or something acknowledging something is fixed or changed.

Maybe like @MarioLover92 says, you might not be into Sega's games. I've always loved Sega games personally, especially during the Dreamcast days. I love Sonic, but also their other series as well. I can't speak for the actual olympic games, Mario and Sonic I usually find them easy. I haven't played Virtua Tennis, I do enjoy Sega Superstars Tennis. The main single player mode of that is challenging, but I mostly play quick matches, usually Amy vs. Tails (I like to think they have friendly competition).

As for Sonic, in recent years, critical reception usually isn't great for Sonic games. Personally, I just play them and form my own opinion, I still enjoy them in general. I still got enjoyment from Sonic Boom on Wii U despite its shortcomings. Will say Fire & Ice is the best of the Boom spin-offs IMHO.

Sonic Boom reminds me that not all Sega games are developed at Sega, sometimes they use third party studios and publish the games. Team Sonic Racing and the Sonic & All-Stars Racing games for example are developed by Sumo Digital, but published by Sega. Sonic Boom was developed by Big Red Button and Sanzaru Games, once again published by Sega.

@MarioLover92 All I did was look at Nintendo's support article and tried that, and haven't noticed a problem since. The way you got it with the download continuing after the error, was how I got it. Weirdly enough a hard reboot did it (I wonder if people forget their Switch simply "sleeps" and is does not truly turn off).

@TheJGG Last movie I saw in a theater was the Sonic movie with a friend, we loved it. We both originally planned to see Trolls World Tour in a theater, but we all know what happened with that. Fun part, I actually had a small Poppy plushie and a Poppy shirt ready for the day too. We still watched together over voice chat when it came out on VOD.

Very nice memory. I still remember staying for the scene after the credits and talking about the movie with a fan who sat next to us. Was a nice conversation too. I also remember that day the theater I went to had multiple showings of it, and the big Frozen display they had.

Sunsy

Snatcher

@Sunsy I actually can't remember the last movie I went to go see in theaters. Maybe endgame?

I was going to get that drum n fun game, but after looking at what people said about it and knowing bandai, I don't need to get this game at the moment, plus I have to pay for More the one DBZ song undertale and many more, and its going to kinda miss the point of buying it on sale LOL.

Nintendo is like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
Do you have older consoles ?
Consider PS2 both Japan and USA machines for tons of Best rhythm games you can play.
Take a look my signature of Rhythm games you can consider.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Ps 3, with a almost no life controller, still works.

Sunsy

@Snatcher Maybe, I remember both Frozen II and the Sonic movie because they were both special experiences to me. Sonic and Frozen are two series I like, so both stand out as fond memories. I still wish I could have seen Trolls World Tour on the big screen.

Sunsy

Snatcher

DANM IT! I just went outside just to get some air, I was playing on my switch lite, then put on a video. halfway through I notice its on my lap, So as to not let it fall, And what do you know I just slap it out of my lap, but oh no does the switch lite fall on its back with the case? It falls on its from to witch the screen cracks, Now its not that bad But I have had many cracked screen and I have a hatred to them, Bc after you get used to it, it feels almost alien to get it fixed, Oh Did I forget to say it was a glass screen protector? ya after I heard it was plastic I got it first day of getting my lite so I just need to get a new one, But still I might not play on my switch till I get it fixed, I'm telling you I hate cracked screens cuz i looked at them way to much!.

Snatcher

@Sunsy Trolls world tour Was a really great movie, that had a really great concept, they new how to do the music voice acting and all.

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
PS3 is the worst machine to play Rhythm games as DDR only one title on PS3 (And the worst DDR ever on console for having 20 Blah licensed songs except Bananarama and Lady Gaga, 30 Weak stepchart Konami original songs that later being used for DDR Arcade, the DLC are pretty great songs but they are old DDR songs from DDR PS1 & PS2).
Rhythm games on PS3 and beyond are dominated by 99% Western rhythm games with very uninteresting song choices (depend on your music taste) and it will always turned me off.

At this point, PS2 machines are cheaper to get so you can pick either Japan or USA PS2 machines (my recommendation is Japan version) for better Rhythm games experience.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

TheJGG

@Snatcher I'm sorry to hear that, I also know how it feels to have... that happen. Be careful in future, and don't let that happen again!

@Sunsy Moviegoing's a thing you can use to deepen connections and I'm glad you've used the chances afforded to you!

Nintendo Fan Soundtrack II - Xenoblade Novel

NintendoLife’s number one motorsport fan.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Snatcher

@TheJGG No kidding man, I have a whole ass table out side and I put it on my lap?"??? the hell was I thinking LOL. man I had to be pretty mad, I spelled which as witch LMAO.

Edited on by Snatcher

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Ok I will think about, thanks for the help.

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
You dropped your Switch ?! 🤯
Gosh... 😩

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter I know right I just slapped it out of my lap, LOL.

Sunsy

@Snatcher Glad you enjoyed the move. The Trolls series is one of my favorites, it was one I was originally planning to see on the big screen. Especially since I only saw the first movie on DVD.

Sorry to hear about your Switch Lite.

@TheJGG Definitely, and the reactions too. Still remember the theater losing it during the mid credits scene during the Sonic movie. If you saw the movie, you know why they got excited.

Sunsy

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter @TheJGG I mean looking at it now its not that bad, You have two white crack spots at the very top of the screen, and most of this takes plays vary far to the east, And there is little small cracks coming from the big white one, And like I said, it takes place on the right side, Hmm, maybe I can and should still play on it, as idk if my new screen with come before the MH stories demo, And its not that bad. thanks for caring mates.

On to what I think i'm going to do. Probably play a whole lot of super metroid, and maybe finally 100% Super mario galaxy, all I have to do is 100% all over again......as luigi......Now I think I know why I stopped.

Maybe crash 4? And idk if yall still wanted to host that MK8 game, We can if yall want, Just saying I will be down.

Snatcher

@Sunsy Thanks lucky me, its not bad at all, And I had a glass screen protector, So It will be fixed within the week, Another thing, I'm kinda happy, bc My Screen protector has all kinda of dust in it, so if anyone as any tips were I would get the least amount of dust, let me know.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic