Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,541 to 52,560 of 96,490

bimmy-lee

@ogo79 - It’s a continuous and unrelenting gut punch at first man. Every time you catch your breath, bam, another punch. It’s normal, natural, and it does stop being this way. It just takes our dumb brains a long time to move on from, “they can’t be gone” when they definitely are gone. When you get on the other side of that particular gutter, you can begin to see the beauty of the full picture. It’s just real rough getting there.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Anti-Matter

I'm sure @ogo79 will like these Skeleton Yokai from Yokai Watch 3.
Untitled

Oh, there is another one.
Untitled

(Names are my choices, not based on actual Yokai name in games due to limitation 8 digits letter)

I didn't even use those Skeleton Yokai LOL.
Not a fan of bones thing.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

I just got home and watched the whole LRG Castlevania stream!

At the 21:32 they also show my Simon drawing as well!!!

I am not going to lie that felt good!!!

Edited on by Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras So, what price did you get, then?

@Dogorilla So, it's a little more expensive in pounds, then? Perhaps you should make a Dutch/Euro mainland account then, if that's possible. If so, you'll be able to save quite a bit of money.

Metroid Prime Trilogy looks surprisingly good, for such an old game. I've got the Wii U on component cables, run through a component to HDMI converter and plugged into a powered hub on my new 55" LG OLED55CX6LA screen, and there's zero lag and it looks simply brilliant, even though it's basically just slightly cleaned up GameCube games. Well, at least the first two games...

As for Skyward Sword HD: I kind of agree, but more work has been done to that title than to any of the Metroid Prime games, because these are still in SD, so some price disparity was to be expected, also because it's on a Switch cartridge. Personally, I'm not sure if I'm going to get the game, seeing as I already own the limited edition on the Wii, with the gold-colored Wii remote Plus and the concert CD, which is great, by the way, if you like Zelda music.

I did pre-order the limited edition Skyward HD joy con set, though. Couldn't resist those...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Ah, okay. I thought you won something in the contest. Well, you did win the SURprize...

On an un-related side note: my new TV did NOT like my old HDMI switch, so I had to get a new one, and this time, I decided to spend a little more money and get a powered one, with a normal wall plug.

I bought this one, that you can switch on and off, and that also has a varied range of support for audio channels and devices: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tendak-Switcher-Optical-Toslink-Extr...
So, in case you're still looking for a good HDMI switch, I can heartily recommend it. I currently have the Xbox 360, Xbox One S, Wii, Wii U and Switch connected to it, and it works like a charm.

The Wii is connected by a Portta component to HDMI device (which also happens to be Amazon's Choice, as in: recommended device). I don't know which ones you've tried before or which one you have now, but in my experience, this is the best one so far. The Wii looks brilliant on my new big screen, and all games look surprisingly good.

But the Wii main menu definitely shows it's true face though, because it's SO fuzzy/blurry looking, that it simply MUST be below 480p, something that obviously didn't stand out on older/smaller TV's, but now it's painfully obvious...

On the other hand, it makes the games themselves look even better, so it's still a win in my book.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Dogorilla

@ThanosReXXX A little bit, yeah. I don't know if it's possible to make other region accounts on Wii U. If it is I might consider it but it would be a bit of a hassle lol.

I've never actually played Skyward Sword. I'll probably pick it up next month... on Wii, because I don't think the slightly improved graphics and QoL features of the Switch version are worth the price difference for me, unless Nintendo suddenly announces a new exclusive dungeon or something. I am looking forward to finally playing it though, and I'm jealous of that Wii limited edition you have! I'm also tempted by the Zelda Joy-Cons...

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

ThanosReXXX

@Dogorilla Well, they're not "slightly" improved, they're cleaned up AND HD-ified. The Prime trilogy is only cleaned up, but not turned into HD, so textures and so on are not improved. A good comparison to use is Twilight Princess. That most definitely has significant improvements in its HD version, compared to the GameCube original.

Oh, and get those Joy Con, you KNOW you want them...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

MPSSislit

@Anti-Matter
It's totally fine, I get it. I wasn't on the site for a while, and I'm still kind of struggling to get responses done in a timely fashion. I hope you're doing well.

Anyways... Yeah, it did seem like there was a lot more hype for Ninjala when it was first revealed, but then as the release date came closer, a lot of interest seemed to die off. Ninjala doesn't take a lot of space (it's around 4GB, 4.2GB to be exact), so I think you should get it and try it out to see if you like it.

@MarioLover92
Yeah, I think that most people who played Super Monkey Ball have mainly played the first two games. I don't remember hearing about the Eye Toy SMB games, although the Eye Toy thing does sound vaguely familiar, emphasis on the vaguely.

The Disney Renaissance era definitely has well-done films, I do like the older Disney movies as well, although I definitely like the Disney Renaissance movies more, though.

@TheJGG
I saw Raya recently as well, and thought it was really good. I plan on seeing Luca in the (hopefully) near future, but we'll see. I mean, I feel like it's better to represent a culture with a new movie/TV show, than a remake can since you have more freedom and creative liberties you can take than with remakes.

I also thought that Sisu has a well-done character. Hey, I've also seen Crazy Rich Asians. Yeah, Raya and the Last Dragon has a good mix of well-done elements to it. The animation was really good also. It seems like they're starting to do the Frozen II trend of making everything look as realistic as possible also.

I know, I just know that sometimes I can go on a subject for too long, or I somehow come across an unpopular topic (not anything controversial/political, but more along of unpopular opinion types of topics, if you get what I mean).

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Dogorilla

@ThanosReXXX Skyward Sword certainly looks better on Switch but, from what I've seen of the original, it still looks decent thanks to the colourful, stylised graphics. To me the upgrade is not as striking as with something like Twilight Princess or Xenoblade Chronicles (which was already impressive for a Wii game but looks stunning on Switch).

My birthday's at the start of August so I might try and get the Joy-Cons then, if they haven't sold out by that point.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Sunsy

Since rhythm games were brought up couple of days ago, my 3DS reminds me, I have one of the Hatsune Miku games. Remember buying it while it was on sale. Wondering if anyone else played this series.

@SM3DASislit Yeah, he is the music producer on both movies too. Yeah, it was neat seeing him perform a song from my favorite movies during the half-time show. Funny, not being into sports, I ended up watching the half-time show on YouTube via the NFL's channel. It just popped up when I had a marathon of the ads, lol. When the song came one, I literally yelled "Trolls made the super bowl," even if it was just Justin singing the song. XD

It's an honor, think I'm going to start season 3 this upcoming week. Been enjoying a couple of PC games thanks to sales GOG and Steam had recently (mostly Bioforge, Mirror's Edge, Duke Nukem 3D and Two Point Hospital if you're curious). Under the Ninjala free pass, I found an emote I'd like to try to unlock.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

BruceCM

Not having had a Wii/ Wii U, I'm looking forward to Skyward Sword for my Lite .... I pre-ordered it with my reward points, so that's like a freebie

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@Dogorilla Well, I've still seen them available all over the place for now, don't know how that's going to be in over a month, though.

As for Skyward Sword: yeah, the art style is different, so the differences may initially look more subtle than with Twilight Princess, but owning the original, I can definitely tell that the new version looks quite a bit better.

EDIT:
And yeah, the Wii version of Xenoblade Chronicles looks pretty darn good as well, especially for a non-HD game. I'm almost hesitant to say it, but I own the limited edition of that game as well. Came with a nice red-colored version of the Wii Classic Controller Pro.

@BruceCM Wow, you must have been saving a LOT of points, then.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

BruceCM

Well, it's my Game Elite reward points, @ThanosReXXX.... I'd just traded in my XB1 S & some games, so that's how I had enough for the pre-order

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM You TRADED IN your Xbox One S???

BruceCM

Yeah, months ago now, @ThanosReXXX.... I'd played the physical games I had for it & the console only stuff on GamePass I wanted
Their games almost all come to PC at the same time now & usually Steam as well as their own store

SW-4357-9287-0699

Zuljaras

@ogo79 I think that you will like this. This is a figure my fiancé bought me 4 years ago when I started my new job. It sat in front of my monitors at the office! She know I love creepy things and I indeed love it. I had to go to the office after year and a half to get it back because of the pandemic Now it is at home

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM So, you now have no Xbox at all anymore, or did you already jump into the next generation?
If not, then I'd still consider it a loss that I myself would never want to have. I still have ALL of my consoles and handhelds, and I'll be damned if I trade any of them in.

And I'm not even a collector, but I do like to keep stuff that I paid hard-earned money for and it's also nice to be able to revisit games every now and then, so I could never even imagine doing that myself, nor would I want to.

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Ha! That's brilliant. You should count yourself lucky with such a girlfriend, if she knows how to read you that well.

Tyranexx

I took yesterday off work and got away for some of the day with my mom. Had to do a bit of shopping in a larger town for some much-needed items. For one, it was VERY nice to get into a real bookstore (Barnes and Noble) for a change. There used to be a dedicated one in my area, but it closed during the recession in the later 2000s. The only other close source for books...is Walmart. And they DEFINITELY don't have the most comprehensive collection. I had to rein myself in a bit and stuck to a budget, but I came away with three more My Hero Academia manga volumes (currently halfway through #11), Memoirs of a Geisha, and Batman: The Long Halloween. My unread book pile was shrinking.... Wasn't the only store we went to, but that was my personal highlight.

@Anti-Matter I've never played any of the Yo-Kai Watch Blasters* modes or games. I wanted to try out the Blasters mode that was added onto Yo-Kai Watch 2, but the game wouldn't let me enter it without another player present. I knew it was multiplayer focused, but for some reason I had thought there was a single player mode. Oh well. I wanted to get one of the standalone Yo-Kai Watch Blasters games as well since they're more action-oriented, but like Yo-Kai Watch 3 they had a very limited print run in North America and are expensive.

Sounds like that boss you're struggling with is meant to be one of those difficult post-game bosses that's intended to make the player do a lot of level grinding. I don't blame you for getting frustrated.

@BruceCM Not sure if I'm gonna get Legend of Mana. If I do, it'll be a good while. I did get Collection of Mana and enjoyed it for the most part. Though Final Fantasy Adventure/Seiken Densetsu 1 is my favorite oddly enough. Still need to properly play Trials of Mana, but I think I'll just wait until I pick up the remaster. I played the original for a few hours and did like it, but it started feeling like the parts of Secret of Mana that I wasn't as fond of.

@ThanosReXXX I can sympathize; there are a lot of games I'd like to revisit, but I don't see a lot of that happening anytime soon. At least not until the day I become a retro gamer....

From what I've seen online about XC2, it certainly is different from both the original and XCX in style and visuals. Not really a problem for me. I'll get to it...at some point lol. The fact remains it's still a pretty long title according to HLTB, and I prefer to reserve those for the winter months a lot of the time. Though I do make exceptions on occasion.

Fingers crossed that your dad makes it out of the woods soon. Sounds like he's still pretty spry for his age, certainly helped by a lifetime of physical labor and sports. Since he's the stubborn sort, I'm sure this'll only be a bump in the road for him.

Metroid Prime: Hunters is one of those games I'd likely play in handheld mode only. Graphically, it's one of those games that I just can't see working on a larger screen. Conversely, the vast majority of the GBA games I've played on the Wii U work pretty well on both the Gamepad and a TV screen thanks to the pixel art many of them use. The only ones that were a bit rough on the eyes with my TV screen were the Golden Sun games, but those weren't bad by any means. The games in MPT are still very playable even considering when they were released. As for Other M, I do have that one physical and actually 100%ed it roughly three years ago. Some of the complaints certainly aren't unwarranted, and there are better Metroid games out there, but it still isn't a bad one to work your way through as long as you keep an open mind.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic