Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,241 to 52,260 of 96,507

Sunsy

@Snatcher Sounds good other than the drift. Funny thing is, I still have my Joy-Cons that came with the system, and they surprisingly haven't drifted much. The one time it did, recalibrating fixed it.

To be fair, I mostly play my Switch with a pro controller anyway, and save the Joy-Cons for two player and handheld. I did get an extra set just to have in event I need to send them in to Nintendo.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

@Sunsy Sadly mine is a lite, it goes away every now and again but as of now, its still here.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter There are many decent games out there that are somewhat like the Zelda series in some form. Believe it or not, the game that ultimately got me to play my first Zelda game again, Twilight Princess, was Okami on the Wii. I enjoyed it so much! While Okami is certainly its own game, it takes many cues from the Zelda series. I noticed the similarities even then.

While I like the Pokemon games, I do agree that they (and the anime, for the matter) are very formulaic and don't stray too far from convention. This makes sense when the series is aimed at kids, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a break from the norm. Controversial opinion maybe, but in some ways I've enjoyed the Yo-Kai Watch games I've played more than recent Pokemon entries. Yo-Kai Watch has a better story (though not by much; it's very formulaic in some ways as well), its own quirkiness, more/better side quests, and some decent albeit gated exploration. Though I think the Pokemon series has the better mechanics. I've only played the first two Yo-Kai Watch games though. I've heard battling and Yo-Kai recruitment in both YW3 and YW4 are better.

@BruceCM Thanks! Still need to get around to the rest of those...but you can bet I'll watch both Metroid Dread segments! I actually listened in on some of one live - the second I believe - but I was working at the time and couldn't really watch per se.

@MarioLover92 No problem! RL has been steamrolling me as well lately, so I completely understand. Doing pretty good physically, trying to hold onto my sanity in other matters. XD Nothing too crazy, just way too much to take care of. Hope you're doing great as well.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter guess what?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Nah, I just asked guess what? cuz Guess what? (LOL)

Edited on by Snatcher

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Yes I'm doing great, thanks for asking. My dad came for a visit and I put on one of his favorite albums. Much like how I'm big into Nintendo games, he's a huge fan of music. Been hanging out with my cat too! He likes me quite a lot, lol.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Tyranexx

@TheJGG First of all, apologies for the delay. There were a couple of evenings this past week where I was hoping to get around to this, particularly Thursday, but RL likes throwing in an extra wrench or two lol. At least now I have a post-Direct and post-E3 perspective. (More on that soon)

Not sure when I'll get around to the BotW DLC, but it will be sooner rather than later. Just definitely not this weekend. I've been away long enough from the latest iteration of Hyrule that I'm starting to get the itch to explore again...though not strongly enough to sink 100+ hours into a new file! I'll be continuing on my current one.

I figured you noped out of the Square presentation for sleep reasons, though apparently those were less intentional than I thought. Totally understandable; last weekend I fell asleep oddly early for a Friday night. I must be getting tired in my old age. XD While I'm happy the Switch is getting Guardians of the Galaxy in some form, as I suspected it's the Cloud version. Fine for those who want it, but I'd rather get it on a different platform. As on the fence as I am about an impending all-digital video game future (I won't repeat that discussion as I believe it's one we've had), I vastly prefer it over being at the mercy of a streaming service and, thus, near reliable Wi-Fi. I was hoping Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster would surprisingly show up during the Direct in a similar fashion (native, not streamed), but to no avail. It's possible it'll eventually show up, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm pretty sure a look of "WAT" was on my face during the Stranger in Paradise: Final Fantasy Origins trailer. I just rewatched it, and it IS perfect meme material. Heck, the most upvoted comment on the official video lists all the "Chaos" time stamps! XD I started reading the comments, and then read on that you read the comments...I agree. So many of them are perfect! We all need a little chaos in our lives every now and again. Be it in everyday living or meme-worthy trailers. 6.9K upvotes vs. 6.3K downvotes at this point. I now hope someone with the time and video skills memes the Hacker saying "chaos" from the Cyberchase cartoon in the appropriate places. Everyone needs more Christopher Lloyd in their life.

Much luck on the Xenoblade progress! Glad that you could find some online resources to help out. I still need to listen to the rest of those songs - listening is a gradual work in progress on my end!

I never got into Clash of Clans, though I've heard it's a microtransaction monster. Not nearly as bad as the Fortnite fever though. A lot of kid seem obsessed with that game. While that's all well and good, I've come across stories of those who went way too crazy with V-bucks. I guarantee you if microtransactions had been a thing in my youth, my parents would have said "Sure, but you're paying for them." I do give credit to some games like Pokemon Go; it's lenient enough with what you can do that I've never yet spent any money on the game. None of their monetary offerings have been "Had to have" for me, though one of the more recent events was ticketed and had a shiny locked behind it.

As for Stardew Valley, I've heard many decent things about the game but haven't played it. I avoid farm-like sims on principle, no matter how good they are. Most sim games in general really, mainly because they can be major time sinks. Too...Well, I think I might have explained about how obsessed I was with Farmville and other related games at one point, which I think might've affected my interest in the genre. Though I'd certainly play another Roller Coaster Tycoon or Zoo Tycoon game if one rolls around and is decent. I used to play a ton of simulation games like those back in the day.

I've thought of reserving some time each week to watch what I wish, though that would also include TV series and anime. I sorely need to revisit Avatar: The Last Airbender and, after that, finish watching The Legend of Korra. I've only seen the first season of the latter; a moved time slot coupled with my work schedule at the time meant I missed out on the later seasons. I'd need to find a consistent hour or so when I don't have anything going on. I used to go out and watch the occasional movie, but nothing has been on recently that I care for....Though I am bummed I missed airings of Raya and the Last Dragon. I do hope to catch Luka when it hits theaters. I'm too cheap to dive into Disney+.

Some of Nintendo's pricing is indeed a bit weird. Some games like Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (HAH! I put "furry" at first. XD) had the extra effort put in, so I'm fine with the pricing there. Some of the other games you mentioned depend on the case. I don't think Pikmin 3 Deluxe should've been full price, same with the Switch port of Tropical Freeze. They did add Funky Mode to the latter, but when you consider the original price of the game (I believe it was $50 USD), it seems like an odd mark-up. I did pick up The World Ends With You: Final Remix, but that was via a significant online sale awhile back.

Peanut butter on toast is one of my favorite combinations. Hope you replenished the stock; I very rarely don't have any in the house. Besides that, I also like using fruit spreads, goat cheese, and will rarely use butter. Chunky as it is, I've found a bit of applesauce can work wonders too...or maybe I'm just crazy that way. XD Darn it, now I want pancakes and waffles.

I hope your vaccine went well, with few significant side effects. At the very least, you're posting, unless you're literally ghostwriting.

There wasn't really anything new with the Capcom presentation, but they covered about what I expected. I probably would have been less pleased if I weren't a Monster Hunter fan, however. It was a little more...brief than I thought it would be. The crossover content between Rise and Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin was almost a given. Not being well-versed with Ace Attorney, I also appreciated the detail overview of The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles. The Resident Evil stuff wasn't my cup of tea, but I know it's a big franchise for them with plenty of fans.

I did leave some general Direct impressions when I briefly dived into the thread Tuesday. Overall I was quite pleased with the presentation; there was something for just about everyone. Metroid Dread stole the show for me, though the new Breath of the Wild 2 footage was a relatively close second. I'm sure some are disappointed that game isn't showing up this year, but I honestly wasn't expecting it until 2022 anyway. I also really want the Game & Watch; it has the original Link's Awakening, one of my favorite handheld entries (in all its forms), the game that started it all, what looks to be an entertaining Game & Watch game that features Link, and Zelda II for some good old-fashioned masochism. Other highlights for me were Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp (Honestly been wanting to try this series, was poised to grab the games on Wii U but will likely wait for this version) and WarioWare: Get It Together! (Love the series!).

As for E3 overall, I'd rank it as middling. Outside of Nintendo's show, I found the others that I watched/have read impressions about to either be somewhat decent, middling, or fairly bleh. Though I did hear Microsoft's showing was strong as well. I haven't watched their presentation but have read a couple of highlights.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Tyranexx

@MarioLover92 Good to hear that everything is going well! Music is a good balm for just about anything IMO, even if one isn't a normal listener. Same with cats, though I'm admittedly very biased towards them.

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Ok I will tell you, I ended up getting The F*** game any way, even tho I said I wouldn't and I was going to keep what I was buying tight, but it was 10$ and They Had demon slayer for a buck! I just couldn't help myself!

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
BTW, what machines do you have currently ?
You can always pick one game you think you want to try first.
My recommendation for cheap rhythm games, try DDR on PS2.
I recommend this series for easy unlocking and great song list.

Anti-Matter

Eel

I finally beat the original Super Mario Brothers!

And it only took me an infinite amount of lives!

My Mario Game & Watch had been stuck in the final level for a long long time.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

The SE show wasn't too bad, either, @Tyranexx .... I'm assuming FFXVI & Forspoken will be in the next Sony State of Play or whatever! Along with more on some of the others, like SoPC: FFO, etc

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jedgamesguy

Probably the earliest I've managed to deliver this one; just a few seconds after 10am here. Good to see you, @Tyranexx! No worries, life tends to do that to all of us! Ironically it’s better that you waited, especially so you were able to process the absolute joy that was the Nintendo E3 Direct. Conversely I’ve been very free, more on that later of course.

Funnily I feel the opposite about keeping your save when implementing the Breath of the Wild DLC, after beating The Champion’s Ballad from my original save I wiped it, to start a “complete edition” playthrough of the game with all the DLC available from the start. When I exited the Great Plateau, did a shrine, and emerged back into the world the next two minutes was just all the DLC sidequests being accepted in the background. I also had relatively early access to the Travel Medallion, and got access to some very powerful (8 defence) armour very quickly. On one hand it could feel like the DLC content breaks the balance of the game, but it also offers a smoother difficulty curve.

That’s where Master Mode comes in though, and I really appreciate the increased difficulty. The Great Plateau is markedly harder than in the original, especially with the White Lynel in the middle of the field area. The floating platforms are fun to raid but the weapons they offer are so hilariously unbalanced that it breaks the game. No joke, mere minutes after leaving the Great Plateau I found a Five Shot Burst Mighty Lynel Bow But the challenge is great, especially with the harder enemies. Now normal mode feels way too easy!

I didn’t miss too much from the Square presentation, even if I was a little irked I managed to sleep through the entire thing. I didn’t realise at the time but the Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin trailer would become one of the most infamous game trailers in history. Even a week on from that horror-show I still find ways to laugh whenever I see that trailer. My thoughts haven’t changed much on it, especially after seeing battle and cinematic gameplay, though I’ll concede the UI graphics are neat. The characters feel as stereotypical as ever, and I’ve played enough Warriors games for a lifetime (three). It’s definitely just me but I’m not terribly excited for Guardians of the Galaxy, so that pretty much was the make or break feature in that show.

It’s gone smoothly, I’ve put down three pages already, I’ve spent maybe… forty minutes total working on it? I put that in my forum signature as well for convenience sake. I have the whole summer to work on that, and some new songs…

Yeah, Clash of Clans was bad, though not quite as popular as Fortnite is now. I haven’t met many gamers who don’t play it currently, so it’s always nice when I meet someone who hasn’t. All the stories of children abusing the V-bucks system are mainly born from parents being too ignorant of what their kids are doing, so getting parents aware of the dangers of micro-transactions is important. It’s happening now though, as more people play video games, and by extension more people who play video games become parents. I’m glad my parents never gave in, it made me a much better person when it comes to saving money. The games that offer a good experience without money can be great, I’d like to think Genshin Impact is one such game. Looks amazing, has a boatload of story and side content, and some great music and combat.

Ironically I’ve said a lot of good stuff about Stardew Valley after getting severely burnt out from Animal Crossing. Games with time and date systems synced to the real world will bring their own fair share of problems, like permanently missing festivals and having to wait another year, not being able to find a specific fish unless you get up at 2am or whatever… yeah it’s not good. @ThanosReXXX put it best; only person that gets to decide what time it is and when, is you, the player. I’m not gonna try and sell it to you though, since you’re at least a bit aware of how good the game’s been received!

Considering your schedule you probably may want to get Disney+, I don’t remember how expensive it is (edit: I checked and it’s $7.99 a month) but from what I’ve heard it offers amazing value. From what you wrote you aren’t able to record shows or films, so that’s an option. Again it’s your choice, but considering everything’s important. As for me… I watched the second part of Christie’s “And Then There Were None”, and the plot thickens with some dramatic plot twists and some truly unsettling camerawork and lighting.

I was actually asked about games last night by a friend of mine who was getting a Switch. They asked me for three recommended games, and when they combined my choices with others, they decided to get Breath of the Wild, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury… for BotW it was between that and Super Mario Odyssey and honestly… while Odyssey’s good it’s not in the same league as BotW. All three have insane amounts of content, so money-wise 3D World’s very much earned its $60 price tag. I agree that Pikmin 3 Deluxe and DKC: Tropical Freeze should have been priced less though, I’d have both now if they were.

Speaking of, not only did I get The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt but also both Spider-Man Remastered, and Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Five games in the space of about eight days. That’s more than enough for the whole summer… I’ve played all of them except for Miles Morales and here’s some basic thoughts, who knows, they may help in future;

• Spider-Man with ray tracing is absolutely insane. The controls feel very awkward at times but it’s easy enough to get used to. The enemy AI’s no slouch, so assuming you can just walk in and punch the bad guys over and over until you defeat them, is going to get you killed.
  • NieR:Automata’s a wonderfully weird game, so something I already know I’m going to love. I like the dynamic between 2B and 9S, so I hope their relationship develops realistically over the course of the game. The combat’s really smooth and the game looks and runs like butter on PS5. The music’s amazing.
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake’s markedly improved. The lighting’s much better, the game runs so much better, and some of the haptic feedback’s just so good… Plus a photo mode. And the loading times… you can go from your console home screen to playing the game in, I’m not joking, three seconds.
  • The Witcher 3… probably the disappointment of the bunch in terms of performance. It looks so… choppy now, so I hope CDPR are working on that PS5 version they promised. Half of me still doesn’t believe I sucked myself into their vortex, but this game is really good for a reason.

Well… it took me two full days to recover from the vaccine! I got it at around 8:30am without any waiting or lines… and I began feeling quite sleepy on my way home. I felt fine for the whole day, maybe a bit of fatigue… until after I finished watching the Nintendo Direct, at which point I went to sleep. Cold shivers, fever, headache, nausea, and one of the weirdest dreams I’ve ever had in my life, and I’m pretty sure it was a mix of Breath of the Wild 2… and Final Fantasy Origin. It was that bad. The next day I was still feeling very cold and I ended up taking four showers. I went out in the middle of the day to collect some stuff; and it was tough getting up and standing in the hot sun for ten minutes. Sorry for all that but it was a right journey. Nothing medicine couldn’t fix, and I was right as Reyn the next day.

More or less agree with your consensus on E3, it was neither here nor there. Metroid’s given me a lot to think about, I know you’re super excited for that one! I’m a bit disappointed about the Game & Watch, apart from collection it has little to no value for me. I’m absolutely gonna give Advance Wars a go, probably not for WarioWare but I’m happy for others who will enjoy that game.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter I have only a working ps3 and ps4, a 3ds and switch,.

Snatcher

@TheJGG Speaking of transfer saves, People keep talking about if there file from BOTW will be in 2, and I really don't want it to be that way, sure its probably going to pick up were it left off, but why would you want to like, idk like, Not feel like your starting a new game, Its starts feeling like dlc, Which is a little annoying, As long as it a choice, but I still don't get it.

I also have a lot on my gaming plate this week, Its going to be great, I'm going to be really light on spending before sep, bc all the games start coming around that time, DBZ, Sonic colors. But what i'm going to do is that I have three no four five games to hold me over, this new rhythm game I got on sale, Luigi's M 3, DBZX 2, Super metroid, and Last and not least, since i'm not getting MH stories 2 sadly, I'm going to replay one, I ended up losing the OG save file even tho I beat the game, plus I'm was kinda getting back into nintendo as the 3ds was my first nintendo system in years, Happy to jump back in and see what I can do different.

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
That's very tough since the best rhythm games are on PS1, PS2 , XBOX and XBOX 360 machines.
You can consider Taiko no Tatsujin for both PS4 and Switch.
For 3DS, if you are fan of Vocaloid, pick Project Mirai DX.
For PS3..... if you prefer Konami Original songs than the Western licensed songs, you can pick DDR (2010) but you might need the DLC songs as DDR 2010 without DLC = Blah.
I will show you the full songlist of DDR 2010 PS3.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

well I already got Taiko no Tatsujin, I actually love the songs, didn't think I would hear Disney song in the anime pile.

Well that sucks, I might not be able to play DDR but man I love to hear it, I heard there was a pretty good rhythm game on the switch that was on mobile.

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher I don't think they should do that... the games are connected through story and world but that should be it. If there were multiple endings, which there aren't, there'd be some fun to be had from it but I can't think of any examples where this is used in a meaningful way...

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Snatcher

@TheJGG I agree with everything you said.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic