Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,261 to 52,280 of 96,530

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
Rhythm games with Disney songs are on PS1 (DDR Disney Mix, All Disney songs in Eurobeat style + a few Konami Original songs from DDR 4th Mix),
PS2 (DDR Disney Channel with licensed songs from Disney TV show + Konami Original songs from other DDR mixes)
and Wii (DDR Disney Groove, All Disney cover licensed songs remixed by BEMANI team)

Also, Disney High School Musical 3 with DDR play style for PS2 version, Samba de Amigo style for Wii version.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Wow the world of rhythm games are great, it just sucks that you know, were kinda the only two people here.

Also When playing Drum N fun, I noticed that They added a yo kai watch anime song, but for some reason they used the ending song and not the opening, The opening sounds way better in my opinion.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx I have a ton of nostalgia for the music I've been listening to for, well, pretty much my entire life lol. I grew up hearing tunes from The Beatles, Tom Petty, and even Ween - those are a few examples of what music my old man's been into. As for my cat, yeah as I mentioned earlier, he's a huge fan of me. He likes nudging his head against me.

Eel wrote:

I finally beat the original Super Mario Brothers!

And it only took me an infinite amount of lives!

My Mario Game & Watch had been stuck in the final level for a long long time.

Nice. I once did a no-damage run of SMB1, albeit with getting the Fire Flower and taking the warp zones. I did a no-power-up run with warps too, which was quite challenging. Lost a few lives but I persevered.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

Snatcher wrote:

@Anti-Matter Wow the world of rhythm games are great, it just sucks that you know, were kinda the only two people here.

FWIW, I have Samba de Amigo for Wii, and you shake the Wii remote and nun-chuk to the beat like maracas.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Eel

@MarioLover92 I considered using the warp zones, but since it was my first serious playthrough of the game, I decided to play all the levels.

I'm very very bad at retro platformers. So it took a bit.

Can't wait for the Zelda G&W, Zelda 1 and Link's Awakening are already games I like a lot and can play over and over, so having them in their own little handheld will be special. Zelda 2, I might play that too I guess.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Too bad, Samba de Amigo Wii version doesn't have Al Compas Del Mambo song.
Only Dreamcast version.
That was my favorite licensed song which coincidentally sounds very identical with Mambo-A-Gogo version by Konami.

Also, I did same thing too for Disney High School Musical 3 Wii version (Samba de Amigo play style)

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Sunsy @Anti-Matter You'd think that disney would have more rhythm games saying as songs is a pretty big thing there known for.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
As I have mentioned on previous reply, Disney rhythm games on consoles were quite mediocre in term of stepchart quality.
The best version you can consider is DDR Disney Mix with All Disney songs in Eurobeat style + a few Konami original songs from DDR 4th Mix.

Disney didn't make games on consoles anymore after Disney Infinity 3.0

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Never did get the opportunity to play the Dreamcast version, would have loved to try the arcade version with the actual maracas controller. Sadly, never found an arcade machine. I use to enjoy arcade games on the boardwalk a long time ago.

@Snatcher I think Disney had a Just Dance game IIRC. The closest I have is Smurfs Dance Party because I like the Smurfs, it's literally Just Dance with Smurfs in it. I will also say, I wish there was a Trolls Just Dance game. Seriously, DreamWorks and Ubisoft, you totally missed an opportunity there.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Actually, the Dreamcast version is replicate the same experience as Arcade version. The games has been released 20 years ago with Maracas controller. And it has height adjustment before playing.

Also, I would rather choose playing Dance Evolution by Konami on XBOX 360 and Arcade than playing Just Dance. The difference between both of them is Konami have their BEMANI team who created DDR and other BEMANI songs with superb quality while Ubisoft just only depend on licensed songs without their Ubisoft original songs. I can say the Konami Original songs on Dance Evolution sounds better than licensed songs choices from Just Dance.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Yeah, that did happen, also it's a really rare accessory for the Dreamcast AFAIK.

MarioVillager92

@Eel Yeah, I've played all the levels in SMB1 too. I normally play through all the levels in Mario games - I've 100%'d pretty much all the Mario games already! Though I'm obviously more into Mario, I'd love to get my hands on that Zelda Game & Watch as well. It's kinda neat that they put in the original Link's Awakening, considering that they have the DX version on the 3DS Virtual Console.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter @Sunsy But all there rhythm games are in calab with another rhythm game. and not a completely new type of Rhythm game.

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Well I mean think about it, Just dance Disney, is just JD but with disney songs, DDR Disney, is still DDR but with disney songs added.

Eel

@MarioLover92 Yeah it's odd that they put the original in, though I guess the DX version has had it's time to shine on the 3DS, while this will be their first rerelease of the B&W original, and [most of] the DX features are there in the Switch remake so it will be like... "And if you liked this, why don't you check out the remake? huh? huh?".

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
There was Just Dance with Yokai Watch songs on Wii U, but Japan version only.
Untitled
And I don't like Just Dance at all even there are Yokai Watch songs on it. The gameplay style of every Just Dance was killing my interest, looks very horrible and boring compared with DDR and Dance Evolution by Konami.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter I tell you made they be reusing stuff with those games, To the point they will just pour them out the A***.

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
The best collaboration that I have ever played was some Toho songs on DDR Arcade that also appeared on MaiMai SEGA.
This is my favorite one.
Cirno Perfect Math Class on DDR A.

If I remembered, this song also on Taiko no Tatsujin as well.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Eel I liked the Link's Awakening remake on Switch, yeah it's a bit overpriced for what it is but I really like the QoL updates they made. Most notably the extra inventory spaces! Constantly swapping between items (including the sword, by the way) got pretty tiresome in the original Game Boy version. I think I finished like 5 or 6 dungeons in the VC release, but I beat the Switch remake.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic