Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 49,701 to 49,720 of 96,481

ThanosReXXX

@TheJGG Brutal and savage? No, not really. Well, maybe brutally honest, but as mentioned in that comment, it was a friendly bit of advice, genuinely meant to point out what the do's and don'ts about posting your own videos are. Nothing more, nothing less.

P.S.

If you think that all American comedy is apologetic and/or sanitized, then you're definitely watching the wrong kinda material...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX British comedy is the greatest invention since sliced bread. And it's just... subtle? I honestly have no definitive source but impressions are everything.

Edit: I watched a video about ten comedians talking about political correctness, and it made me... just so mad. I can't believe peoples' entire careers are getting ended because of one joke, to one crowd who weren't man enough to handle it. The very nature of comedy is at risk because people are becoming too sensitive.

I've been on a binge of spy movies lately. I've seen Mission Impossible 1, 3, 4, 5 in the last two weeks (already seen 2, 4, 5, 6), plus The Bourne Identity. I love the action sequences in the former, and the CQC in the latter.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

reporterdavid

Im very happy with all the answers , good morning to you all!

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

ThanosReXXX

@TheJGG Yeah, sure, British comedy IS good, no argument there. But that DOESN'T mean that there isn't any good American comedy or comedian either.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX I’m gonna start watching the British Office series soon. It’ll be a big undertaking because I don’t usually watch series at all; they require a lot of dedication and time. But I’m ready for some fun, so I’ll definitely start in a few days. I’ll have some downtime because I finished a long term History project today.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Eel

Ah cool I finally encountered the shiny Blacephalon I was has resetting for in Pokémon Ultra Sun. It took... Less than previous hunts, which is great!

Still took a long time though. Glad that's over now. It's one of the coolest shinies in the game.

I went ahead and limited the resetting for the second Blacephalon (you get two) until it simply had a good nature. Not that I plan to use them in battle, but whatever.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

I might need to get another full switch console, You see I love playing in handeld mode the most buuuut, my switch lite has start drfting to the point I cant even press left right up or down sooo.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Tyranexx

Well, that explains why I don't have any responses in this thread....(Which is unusual). I did jot out a post yesterday afternoon, but it appears it was swallowed by cyberspace somehow. Though I did sort of neglect the internet yesterday evening.

@TheJGG I love Skyward Sword's soundtrack! The main SS theme, Skyloft's theme, Groose's tune, the tune that plays when you're near one of the three dragons, many of the boss themes, the Lanayru Mine theme and how it changes depending on the timeshift stones, both the sleepy and terrifying Silent Realm tunes....It's phenomenal!

@MarioLover92 Oh, gosh. The "Waluigi for Smash" comments used to be funny, but it's like beating a room of dead Yoshis at this point. It should've been put out to pasture LONG ago lol. But yeah, the little sanity that goes on in those chats is often swallowed by just the sheer amount of responses and idiocy....

I had few issues with the sword controls in SS; the only move I had occasional problems with was the sword attack where you thrust the remote forward. Normally that wouldn't have been a big deal, but the move is needed for a boss sequence. I am glad they're including various control schemes this time around for those who aren't into motion controls, though.

@ThanosReXXX Ah, so Mad Titans do have gruff exteriors, with a more mellow interior. So they have layers, like onions and ogres?

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Blooper987

New profile pic for the next month! Does anyone recognize who he is???😁

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Yeah me too! I was a little worried about how you control the sword with the right control stick, but I gave it some more thought and it might be pretty all right. That's good you didn't have too much issues with the controls. Guess that means I'm bad at SS.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

ThanosReXXX

@TheJGG The Office, huh? Well, I'm sure you'll like it, because it's pretty good. And funny...
As for not watching series: I'd say you're missing out on a LOT of great stuff, then. There's SO much available nowadays, that there should be something there for everyone. And not all series are long running shows. Some are only one or two seasons, and others are just mini series of anything between 2 and 5 episodes, so that shouldn't really be a chore to watch.

But ultimately, it's each to their own. If you really don't like series, can't afford the time, or don't have the attention span, then I guess it's just not for you, then.

@Tyranexx Ogres and layers? Is that a Shrek reference? I vaguely remember it, but I'm not sure. Oh, and did you not watch Avengers Endgame? In case you still haven't, I won't spoil the bigger story, but it will offer more insights into Thanos' motivations. Of course, the end result is still him killing off half the universe, so how much more sympathetic you'll feel after learning more about his reasons/background, definitely remains to be seen...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX @Tyranexx I don’t usually like the Marvel films, nor do I ever see them in the cinema, but something about Endgame felt.. cinematic and definitive that made me want to see it in the best way. I’m glad I did because it was a really good film that somehow managed to account for pretty much everything. The visuals were really good, acting was decent and the storyline was fascinating even if it could have been just a little less predictable.

While I half agree with Martin Scorsese who argues they weren’t real cinema, and that for me they laugh in the face of the truly positive qualities of a good film, a movie’s a movie. No amount of anything can change that.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Anti-Matter

I found some nice Para Para routine from Pop'n Music 13 Carnival / Beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD / DDR SuperNOVA song, Moon by dj TAKA feat. Erika Mochizuki

If you noticed very Engrish lyrics from this song, please understand. It was created by Japanese peoples.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@MarioLover92 I agree using the right control stick is a bit odd, but I wonder if it's better in execution? Time will tell, I suppose.

I wonder if some of the problems people had with the motion controls had to do with where the sensor bar sat? At that time, it was mounted on the top of the TV. Too, if I recall, some people said light might interfere with the Wiimote's sensor? The exact details are foggy though....

@ThanosReXXX That was an intended Shrek reference. Though I've only seen the first two movies. Probably a bit of an odd association, but hey, welcome to my brain. XD

@TheJGG, @ThanosReXXX I still have some gaping holes to fill in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and unfortunately Avengers: Endgame is one of them. My watch history with the MCU films has been all over the place; it mainly depended on what else was in theaters at the time and how interested I was in the film.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HotGoomba

I just found out that some girl thought that it was a great idea to put gorilla glue spray on her hair. I'm slowly losing faith in humanity; how the hell did she think that putting gorilla glue on her hair was a good idea?

Edit: And I just found out that she's 40 YEARS OLD, I'm losing my damn mind, but this is so hilarious lol

Edited on by HotGoomba

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Eel

She really doesn't look 40, that's the shocking part, finding out she is.

Too bad about her long, long braid though, that had to be removed.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx Well within good time half of your film and videogame exposure will come from @ThanosReXXX and myself. We have an important job!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Anti-Matter

Since i was in the mood to learn playing Beatmania IIDX PS2 despite i don't have the games yet, i changed my avatar with one of my favorite Beatmania IIDX on PS2, Beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD.

Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@TheJGG Well, I'd take any criticism of either official media or even triple A directors with a truckload of salt. You can't compare a movie, based upon a stack of comics, which in and of themselves only consist of very few panels per comic, turned into a full-blown feature, to something based upon an ACTUAL novel or historical event.

That would never be a fair comparison, and they also shouldn't be viewed as such. They should be seen as high quality entertainment value, NOT as the kind of movies that are emotionally moving or food for thought. They're basically just 2 hour action spectacles of the highest order, with a dash of cheesy comedy here and there.

@Anti-Matter You commenting on "Engrish"? Oh, the irony...

@Tyranexx Well, whaddaya know, it would seem that my memory isn't that bad after all...

As for the gaps in your Marvel itinerary: I think we might have to gently pry you loose from your Switch and Breath of the Wild, and far as I'm concerned, you can even put watching "Your Name" on hold (just on hold though, because it IS a must-watch), and get to filling those gaps, because for all of us in the know, not being able to mention certain stuff, formerly known as spoilers, SO many years after the fact, is almost next to impossible.

Someone's bound to slip up at some point, naturally assuming that "we" have all seen them by now...

@ogo79 It's dangerous to go alone. Take this:

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic