Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 49,681 to 49,700 of 96,323

Anti-Matter

@TheJGG
Nah, don't look at that stupid Russia age rating. The country that really homophobic because of the current government over there.
Even The Sims 4 on Russia was rated 18+ just because there was LGBTQ inside the game. 😒
The Sims 4 was rated PEGI 12, TEEN, totally safe and fine for me.
I'm totally fine with same gender relationship and LGBTQ. I prefer to have same gender marriage on Story of Seasons / The Sims games.
Love doesn't have gender.
Love is not just about kissy kissy matters but it could be about showing compassion or caring for someone. Let's say Motherly Love, Brotherhood Love, Parenthood Love, etc.

I played Miitopia 3DS USA version with age rating Everyone since July 2017. My Miitopia team are consist me and 9 Planetary Xaviors that i created by myself. They are Mercury until Pluto, all males except Venus since she was a goddess name. I assigned the jobs like these:
Me and Mercury = Thief
Venus = Cleric
Earth = Tank
Mars = Knight
Jupiter = Wizard
Saturn = Chef
Uranus = Pop singer
Neptune = Scientist
Pluto = Imp
I made Infinito Mii as the Final Boss, based on my story of Planetary Xaviors. I made relationship between Uranus and Neptune was really high (currently at level 55+) as they have Bromance relationship based on my story. They are siblings anyway.
And of course i also made Mars have a crush feeling Venus based on my story but Venus just want to be friend with Mars instead of being a Girlfriend.

Btw, my games collection are also consist some Teen games such as Final Fantasy VIII, IX, X/X-2, XII, XIII, The Sims, Override, Street Fighter, Pocket Fighter, Metroid Prime Federation Force 3DS, Ratchet Deadlocked, Ratchet & Clank Trilogy, etc.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@Anti-Matter @Snatcher I was joking abut the frankly abhorrent rules regarding same-sex marriage and behaviour in Russia. I used to live in Kenya, where homosexual behaviour was punishable with at least ten years in prison, which to any reasonable person, is pretty awful.

And with our mutual friend Wide Putin staying in power for another fifteen years, unless he dies we're not going to get any change, or at least nothing good. As long as Russia has nuclear weapons and a covert-operative spy agency speaking out against them as a Russian in Russia is asking for trouble, ask Alexei Navalny.

And wait, you can program those kinds of one-sided relationships in Miitopia? I might actually buy it, honestly. I didn't play it on 3DS, and I have no friends, and no money, but I might consider it. But why did they have to give it the same price as 1-2 Switch? Why? Fascinating storytelling you've been doing in Miitopia though.

I'm not an authority on it but I've played a few games with relationships, that develop as you play. Fire Emblem: Three Houses has some same-sex marriage options, not just as the player character but also between some of your units. That was fascinating. Some of the paired endings were also more platonic but it was heartwarming.

@MarioLover 92 Please do. SS's a masterpiece and it's not just me and Tyranexx that share this belief.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

MarioVillager92

@TheJGG All righty, will do. Thanks for the encouragement. Hopefully I'll like it more!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

@TheJGG
In Miitopia, i couldn't assign my Miis with very specific roles such as sibling or parents of someone like The Sims games.
I just made them looks like based on my story.
Funny thing, in my story version there are Sisters of Fate (Ahtropos, Lachesis and Clotho) and they are actually a Mini Boss for Side quest (Athrophos = Black Mage + Death cut with her finger, Lachesis = Ailment status wizard, Clotho = White Mage and she can revive her sisters). But on Miitopia, i assigned them as Elf Sisters, so Athrophos was the Eldest sister, Lachesis as second sister and Clotho was the youngest sister. They are good gals in Miitopia, contrary with my story version as enemies. 😅

Oh, btw.
These are my Planetary Xaviors characters.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Anti-Matter

reporterdavid
Have been creating a Nintendo Webshow (in agreement with Nintendo of Holland). The quality must be better, but I tried at least

Edited on by reporterdavid

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

jedgamesguy

@reporterdavid Fascinating, though I agree that some parts leave a bit to be desired. Some of the editing can be slick but overall it's a bit... grounded, in spite of the obvious potential. Two things to try and immediately improve for the second part (short term) would be to improve the sound quality, and your camera quality since you, the host, have a lot of screen time, and provide commentary. Some things to try and improve long term would be things like editing, and your "stage" presence (sorry if it seems like a nitpick but confidence). You said you're doing this in "agreement" with Nintendo's Dutch branch, so surely at the least they'd do something like let you use some Nintendo music in the background, no? That would give it a more... Nintendo-y feel.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

reporterdavid

The videoquality and sound had to be better. Im not happy with that, it should be made better in the future.

I will think about Nintendo music as well.

Edited on by reporterdavid

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

Anti-Matter

Looking at other Rhythm games on Switch by different company such as Voez / Deemo / Cytus α / etc that have Big Sale for their eshop games, it made me sad as Konami didn't contribute their Rhythm games on Switch. 😔
I really wish DDR or Beatmania IIDX make a return on video game consoles rather on mobile or PC. I knew Konami Rhythm's game music quality are better than other Rhythm games from different company. The only other Rhythm game by different company that also caught my attention was MaiMai by SEGA as they have songs from former Konami's Rhythm games artists that contributed for SEGA.

The only thing i can do right now is start to build Konami's Rhythm games on PS2 and PS1 as they are the only my last hope to experience Arcade at Home Rhythm games with their controller for Home consoles.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Snatcher Nobody needs to constantly agree with everyone or with each other, that would be an infinitely boring world to live in, but a bit of meeting in the middle/compromise is always nice. And open-minded people are nice too. That's why I personally can't understand and at times cannot deal with people who are more black & white in their thought processes and views. On a good day, I can either easily stomach or ignore it, but seeing as even I am just a human being, I have my lesser days as well.

Oh, well. Can't win 'em all, I suppose.

@HotGoomba Haha, no worries, man. I'm only trying to inform people, not to persuade or force them to use something else that they don't know or like. It's all up to you, ultimately.

@Tyranexx I always leave the purple mask at home, but my demeanor is equally gruff in real life, albeit more in the way of a bit rough around the edges on the outside, when you first get to know me (I've found over the decades, that there's still WAY too few people that can handle directness/candid opinions), but along the way, you'll find that this Mad Titan has a soft, empathic interior.

@TheJGG Well, people may very well like the music, but you'd be surprised about how much people on here actually hate the Skyward Sword game itself...

@reporterdavid Have to agree with @TheJGG and I'll even go a bit further: the sound quality is horrible, sorry. If you don't even out the sound volume of the intro with your voice-over volume, then the difference is WAY too drastic and annoying. At the volume that I was listening to it initially, I couldn't understand a single word of it.

I'd say look at other YouTubers, and get a decent mic on a stand that you can place next to you on the table, that will instantly improve things.

On a side note, a bit of friendly advice: in order to stay within the confines of the site rules, you had better not place/advertise any more videos. You can place a link in your profile or in the byline here underneath your comments, but not posted directly, because that is indeed against the rules, which might result in you getting a warning or ultimately, a ban.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

reporterdavid

@ThanosReXXX I am not unhappy. I know the quality is not as good as I wished but it was not meant like this. I might look for better things in the future, knowing that I can make it well

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Actually I was wondering if I could get in trouble posting videos of my drawing, making sculptures and my game here. It could look like I am advertising my stuff for profit. So far no issues but who knows.

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Now that you mention it, that has never occurred to me. Maybe because your videos don't come across as "advertising" a channel or do anything game-related, at least usually. Most of the time it's just you hobbying. And besides that, you're not asking people for their opinions or inviting them to your channel, which are two of the no-no's mentioned in the community rules.

P.S.

How's the Might & Magic 3 city coming along?

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

HotGoomba

@ThanosReXXX Ok, I would do the same thing too with iPhone and Android (I use Android).

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX It is going well. Thanks for asking! I just tested that I can paint a figure then varnish it and finish it in the oven. And the paint is not damaged! I never varnished my sculptures before but I will from now on.

That way they are protected much better from moisture and dust! Also they are a little sturdier

ThanosReXXX

@HotGoomba Well, there you go: we DO have some things in common...
(besides the obvious gaming hobby)

Snatcher

@Zuljaras Want to ask Eel about it?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Yian_Garuga

I stole my sister's fashion game and I feel weird playing a girl game but I like it! I think I want to be a fashion designer lol that was a joke

Yian_Garuga

My Nintendo: Morgana

Anti-Matter

@Yian_Garuga
Well, nothing wrong to play girlie games.
I am 36 years old gentleman who like to play girlie games such Cooking Mama, Style Savvy, JS Girls Doki Doki Model Challenge, Maho*Cole Maho Idol Collection, Girls Fashion Shoot, Imagine series, Pretty Princess Party, Para Para Paradise PS2, Hannah Montana PS3, etc.
They are just Casual games for fun regardless of your gender.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX So what was that; brutal? Savage? Rekt... absolutely taken down. I wanted to go and be the rule guy, since in general I'm really strict about following rules, but hey, I'll do it next time. (It's the second Dutch individual in two months that inadvertently broke the rules! :/ Seems they really are too honest!)

I always leave the purple mask at home, but my demeanor is equally gruff in real life, albeit more in the way of a bit rough around the edges on the outside, when you first get to know me (I've found over the decades, that there's still WAY too few people that can handle directness/candid opinions), but along the way, you'll find that this Mad Titan has a soft, empathic interior.

Woah! What a revelation; the man in the machine is... nice?! What is this sorcery?

I watched Ricky Gervais' monologues for the various Golden Globes he hosted, and he has absolutely no problem roasting his colleagues and fellow actors. His 2020 one was his best by far because it was his last time, and had absolutely nothing to lose. Just look at Tom Hanks. He's a great guy but from the way he reacts to the jokes you'd think he was part of Epstein's gang. Probably isn't but his reactions compared to an old hand like Martin Scorsese, and Adam Driver... ew.

He was so funny hosting these awards that I don't find any of the other hosts even marginally funny. He had the cheek to call Joe Pesci "Baby Yoda", and announce on stage that "Epstein didn't kill himself", yet Tina Fey and Amy Poehler can't even call Martin Scorsese "short" without sidestepping the joke in the most pathetic way. "The Short Man with Tiny Glasses award goes to Scorsese" is not funny, it's lame. American comedy is so... sanitised and takes zero risks. The "cancel culture" BS has made people afraid to tell jokes. Except the racist ones, those are always awful. But it's not just there.

Speaking of seconds, tomorrow is the second time I'm watching Scott Pilgrim vs the World. Has anyone seen it?

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic