Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 47,081 to 47,100 of 96,566

ThanosReXXX

Hey people, just in case you missed these gems, currently available for only €1,99/$1.99, you had better grab them before they revert back to their original prices, because far as I'm concerned, these are must haves for Switch owners:

First one is Abzu, an underwater action adventure/puzzler:

The second one is Planet Alpha, a sci-fi platform/action adventure game:

And a third game that is up for grabs for only a buck right now is RIVE, from Two Tribes. An interesting twist on a 2D shooter/platformer. Highly entertaining, far as I'm concerned:

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Haha, not to worry, man. It was just a friendly tip. And a bit of puzzlement on my part, but it's all good.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Oh, I'm certain that drink was very similar to a pina colada, sans any coconut. So I'm not sure if it counts. XD

I bumped into NEStalgia in an article comment section a little while back. Hadn't noticed him posting much, but it turns out we just didn't frequent the same topics. Needless to say he's pretty buried in the Xbox ecosystem right now lol. Clearly at least something trumps the word "train".

@Heavyarms55 I don't care much about the two next-gen consoles right now, but I may buy into the PS ecosystem at some point thanks to the exclusives. That's a ways out; my current Switch/3DS combo keeps me more than occupied, plus I woild rather wait for a slim model. I don't need Emperor Zurg on my entertainment center anyway. XD

I can picture myself clocking serious hours just walking or traveling around Shiga. It really does sound picturesque.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

What's everyone been doing in their gaming lives lately? I've been playing lots of Xenoblade 2. I adore the game, this is my second run through, but after 2 years I thought "I want to run through the game raw again!" Not remembering what a massive pain in the rear it is to get all the rare blades. I've got all but a certain one that people who've played the game can likely guess but it's been like 400+ crystals since the second to last and I'm starting to want to tear my hair out. XD

Also been playing a good bit of Pokemon SWSH since the DLC dropped. Shiny hunting in the adventures has treated me very well. However it's been very mean to my friend who has played about as much as I have and had about a quarter of the luck, way less that odds would suggest he should have had. My most recent shinys are Dugtrio and Uxie. Although I've not been doing so well in the new VGC format. I've played about 36 games or so but I'm like 40-60 win/loss...

Also, I play a decent bit of Pokemon Go while I go for my walks to get some vague semblance of exercise. I managed to nab two shinys this week! Pidgey and Ratatta! Seems like an oddly appropriate pair!

I also nabbed Faster Than Light on Steam a ways back and played my first run through that game recently. That game is brutally hard even on "easy" mode. I dread to imagine what the higher difficulties are like. It's a very fun game though, and I made it all the way to the final boss on my first run, but got ruined by his missile spam and a buttload of boarders.

Also finished my most recent game in Civ 6. I started it during the US election as a sort of therapy because the real world really sucks. I ended up colonizing Mars by 1928 and winning a Science Victory by 1940. Almost entirely peacefully too. Though I'm a jerk who absorbed two of my allies cities when they revolted, and when one of them revolted against me I went full dictator on them and rolled tanks over the rebels. You know, very Canadian things.

@Tyranexx Nothing against either new system, but Switch and PC are more than plenty. The very tiny amount of games that are not on either platform I'll just have to live without. lol

And you totally could spend hours walking around Shiga, I certainly did.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Blooper987

@Heavyarms55 bunch of Tetris 99 and Rivals of Aether. Also been watching way too much YT😂. Mostly random tv show reviews and Danganronpa stuff.

I haven’t played a ton of Xenoblade 2 but from what I remember the story is absolutely amazing. I don’t really care for Rex or Pyra though. The rest of the supporting cast makes the entire game great though! Especially Nia 😁 I’ve also started trying to teach myself how to draw anime style characters which has been a ton of fun! Just drew Chihiro and he came out really well!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

HotGoomba

@Heavyarms55 Slamming my head on walls in Spider-Man PS4, killing my Pikmin accidentally in Pikmin 3 Deluxe, and barely saving the world in Sam & Max: Save the World.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

TheFrenchiestFry

@Heavyarms55 Playing a lot of Spider-Man PS4 to prepare for Miles Morales since I anticipate getting my hands on a PS5 this coming week. I got decently far into the City that Never Sleeps DLC campaigns but stopped partway through chapter 3, so I'm just beating that so I'm all caught up by the time I start Miles Morales, and also since the remaster allows cross saving

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

roy130390

@TheFrenchiestFry I really loved Spider-Man PS4. It was even better than the Arkham games for me and that's saying a lot since I'm a massive Batman fan. I'll be playing Spider-Man Miles Morales soon too. Well, at least if everything goes according to plan.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
"What's everyone been doing in their gaming lives lately? "

I started to play Para Para Paradise PS2 with Arcade style controller at evening every weekend before i take a bath.

I felt upset with my purchase of two Bravo Music PS2 games last week after i founded the games were literally (almost) unplayable due to stupid rules to press the button corresponded to soft or loud the music when my 3rd party PS2 controller literally couldn't give very sensitive pressure and i Failed the games all the time due to wrong pressure input (it always registered as hard pressure).
At least the Child Mode on those games were playable since i could press the button regardless of pressure, just matter of timing but still i felt i wasted my money for two unplayable games.

I played Mahocole: Mahou Idol Collection 3DS recently. It was Kawaii Japanese 3DS games with story about saving the queendom from frozen feelings that occured on the anthro animal folks. The game was basically like Aikatsu, tapping the button corresponded with the colored icons. The music was okay but i didn't really like the vocal tune as it sounds too loud for Kawaii J-Pop song, didn't sound match with the cuteness looking.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

LuigibrineTheGreat

So, I finally watched my first anime today.... and yous will NOT believe what I used to cut my teeth on....

HIGH SCHOOL DXD. Not kidding.

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

TheFrenchiestFry

@roy130390 Spider-Man PS4 is easily my favorite adaptation of anything comic book related in recent memory. Like Arkham City it's the kind of game that makes me feel legitimately proud of having invested my time into reading comics and learning about these characters. It's almost rewarding in a sense, while having the incredible narrative quality that's to be expected of any first party PS4 game.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Eel

I imagined you saying that like a classic tv show dad, reading the papers, not actually paying attention.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Kinda like that dad from "That 70's Show"?
That would be some kind of non-interested, "sorry I even asked" kinda reply...

@Tyranexx Did you grab the games I posted here? For a total of 5 bucks and a couple of cents, they're definitely more than worth it. Especially Abzu: it's like the Switch version of Endless Ocean, but even more otherworldly and mysterious. It's an absolute joy to play and experience.

As for @NEStalgia: from what I've experienced, he's always been into the details of things. I can honestly say, hand on heart, that I have NEVER heard of anyone that played an open world racing game to stop and do a close up stare at the underbrush on the side of the road to see how detailed it is, but I guess I do know someone like that now.

I'm still undecided on whether that's an enrichment of my life or a detriment, but I guess time will tell...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

MarioVillager92

Heavyarms55 wrote:

What's everyone been doing in their gaming lives lately?

@Heavyarms55 Well after finishing A Link Between Worlds, I've been playing Ocarina of Time on my 3DS. Been in a Zelda mood recently, lol. And a little bit of New Horizons for good measure.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Eel

@ThanosReXXX yeah kinda like that. And then the wife comes asking if she can buy something expensive and he just says "yeah yeah" and the laugh track begins.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Eel You know, that was actually one of my favorite comedy shows, because in some ways, it hit close to home, seeing as I was indeed a 70's child.

Heavyarms55

@MarioLover92 Nice and classic. You ever get Streetpasses anymore? I don't take my 3DS out anymore.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic