Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 47,061 to 47,080 of 96,526

TheFrenchiestFry

Most of the Waluigi advocates are being ironic but the ones who legitimately think he has a chance are the most annoying about it. It's never happening lol, especially not in this game since he's far from what I'd call a video game icon or a character of significant importance, even next to more recent picks like Inkling or Byleth, whose games at least blew up their series and caught the attention of mainstream media

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Heavyarms55

@MarioLover92 I'm sure there's probably one or two other times I don't know of of course, but yeah, those are the only two I can think of. Something needs to be bad enough that it gets basically universal condemnation with no one defending it and even people who normally don't care, also voicing that they dislike it. And even then it's only a "maybe".

The Waluigi in Smash thing absolutely is a meme at this point. But it totally gets obnoxious.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

MarioVillager92

@TheFrenchiestFry Yeah absolutely. He's pretty much associated with Mario spin-off games more than anything, even making his debut in one. Smash Bros. is a series that basically celebrates the biggest names in gaming, so it's no wonder that many heavy-hitter IPs like Mario, Zelda, Sonic, Pac-Man, and more recently Minecraft are represented in SSBU.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Okay, then. Just let me know whenever you need some new recommendations. You know where to find me...

@HotGoomba___Rebrand Although I can understand and to a point relate to your annoyance at Google's services, I sure as heck hope that YouTube will never go away. I just LOVE to while away the evening on there sometimes, wondering where it'll take me this time, because I always stray from the path, due to the sometimes wonderfully strange recommendations in the column on the right...

Completely agreed on Stadia, though. It's an answer to a question that nobody ever asked, so far as I'm concerned, that's a surplus that can go the way of the dinosaur.

@Tyranexx Please don't mention trains and booze: @NEStalgia would NEVER stop traveling...

And screwdrivers, huh? Now there's a blast from the past...
Rum with pineapple, as in pina colada? Or have I missed another spiked pineapple beverage?

@Blooper987 The only way to post pictures on any site without having to upload them somewhere first, is to find the pictures on Google, and then post those links here as image links. Far as I know, that's the only alternative to uploading and then linking to pictures/albums.

Hope that helps.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HotGoomba

@ThanosReXXX Ok, yeah I was harsh on YouTube, but if there was a YouTube alternative that just blew up, it could kill YouTube.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

ThanosReXXX

@ogo79 Now that's my kind of board room...

I see that Anti still doesn't understand the usage of the meme, though.
I guess some things never change.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@HotGoomba___Rebrand Well, then it would have to be some special kind of alternative already, to lure people away and/or make people move away from YouTube, and looking at the currently available alternatives already out there, I think the chances of that happening are probably slim to none.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HotGoomba

@ThanosReXXX It all depends on what YouTubers want to do. Do they all want to stay on YouTube, or do they want to move over to Vimeo (ew)? They could just make their own Streaming Service and move away to there.

I don't think that YouTube will die out for a while, but if Google wants YouTube to be around in 1-3 decades, they need to change things up.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

ThanosReXXX

@HotGoomba___Rebrand The thing is, though, that when YouTubers, aka streamers WANT to go (and stay/thrive) somewhere else, there's always some large company that takes measures/action to prevent that platform from becoming too popular and/or prevalent (RIP Mixer).

Eel

Cool, they expanded the group of people who can send pokemon from Go to Home, so I've wasted my first week's worth of transfers on five community day shinies that were taking storage space on my Go account.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Eel
I want to ask about transferring Pokemon.
Can i transfer the X/Y version Pokemons (Mewtwo, Charizard, etc) to Pokemon Home ?
Are Alolan Pokemon from Sun /Moon transferable to Pokemon Home too ?

Anti-Matter

Eel

Yes you just need to have Pokemon Bank on the 3ds and Pokemon Home on your Switch.

Of course, keep in mind both are paid services.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 A slightly different plum species? That's interesting. I'd try one for sure! I'm sure they're somewhere in the US, though I suspect I'd need the travel a ways to find any.

Shiga sounds like a beautiful prefecture. I'm a sucker for natural scenery, especially if I'm not used to it (Ex. Mountains, massive bodies of water). It also sounds rural enough to fit my needs while also offering easy access to civilization if needed.

Y'know, with all this train talk, I'm surprised we haven't summoned a certain someone by now....They must be preoccupied with the new console launches.

@ThanosReXXX Gluttons for punishment, aren't we? Though I wasn't the first one who brought up beer trains. Probably the closest equivalent around here (And this is a MAJOR stretch) are party buses. Someone pays a driver for a company to cart their whole group around in a bus while they barhop. I'm down for a good drink or two on occasion, but that definitely isn't my thing. XD

Never had a pina colada (it's on the imbibe list), but IIRC that involves coconut. No coconut to speak of with the drink I had. Pretty sure it was just rum/pineapple juice.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@HotGoomba___Rebrand Well, for all intent and purposes, Facebook video has now become the next Mixer, sadly. At least: on Xbox.

@Tyranexx Party buses, huh? That somehow makes me think of Vegas. Well, either that or Mardi Gras...

As for Pina Colada: the first word of that particular beverage does indeed indicate that it most certainly contains pineapple.

But I guess there probably are more alcoholic pineapple drinks other than that one.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Anti-Matter

13 is not unlucky number.
My absent number when i was 12th grade student was 13.
I started my new experience by purchasing original Old 3DS XL for the first time on year 2013.
And i oftenly draw 13 much like letter B.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx I am the stick in the mud who really doesn't care about PS5 or XboxX. Lol

And yes, Shiga has it all, forest, lakes, mountains, fields and town, all close enough to walk to and from with some patience.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter You probably should have said "isn't an unlucky number for ME". Keyword "me" as in from your personal experience. For a lot of other people around the world, 13 actually IS an unlucky number.

On a side note: no offense, but your reasons for calling it a lucky number aren't really very good reasons, to be honest. Or at least not the kind of reasons you'd expect. They're either just coincidence or normal things.

@Tyranexx You weren't too far off with that comment: according to his own words in the official Xbox thread here on NLife, NES actually IS preoccupied right now, because he has discovered how good the underbrush looks in Forza on Series X, so yeah...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic