Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 47,101 to 47,120 of 96,507

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
I have two 3DS XL machines with same region (USA) so i can do Streetpass whenever i want. 😁

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Eel
I haven't tried yet with my other 3DS XL (Japan, PAL).
So far, i have tried with same region 3DS.

Anti-Matter

Eel

If I remember correctly, the main thing about it was getting hits from people from all over the world and stuff like that.

I don’t think it’s restricted by area.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 I'd also like to build or buy a fairly decent gaming PC at some point, but I'm in no hurry to do that either. XD Same reasoning as above, plus I know really beefy graphics cards can cost quite a bit.

On games: I just finished up Super Mario Odyssey to my satisfaction; I'm sitting at 670 moons and decided to put the game down for awhile. I was excited about exploring the Dark and Darker Sides of the Moon until I learned the hard way that those are challenging gauntlets with few Moons to spare.

Currently working my way through Secret of Mana via Collection of Mana on the Switch. Then I downloaded Abzu yesterday and still need to give it a proper spin this weekend. I also picked up Pushmo on 3DS and hope to try it later as well. Shorter games for the most part, but I'm trying to clear out a bit of backlog before Christmas.

@ThanosReXXX I grabbed Abzu. It caught my eye back when it was reviewed here, and for $1.99 how can I NOT play it? I think after this past work week (and now some of tomorrow), a relaxing game is in order.

Heh, I certainly understand stopping to smell the roses and admire some video game landscapes on occasion. Though I doubt I'd normally do that in a racing game of all things. I'm more likely to do that in a lot of open world action/adventure games and RPGs.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MarioVillager92

@Heavyarms55 Not really. It's been a few years since I took my 3DS out for StreetPasses. I don't recall getting that much in recent years, which is understandable because we now have the Switch.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

Phew...!
Finally, i finished Super Mario 3D World Wii U just now. 😄
It was really damn hard on World Bowser-7, i was upset last time and stopped playing for long time after kept falling into lava when i have to survive by jumping on the spinning cube. 😤
I unlocked World Star in the space, well....
still a lot of things to do.

And i think i will consider the Switch version next year as i don't want to play 3D World again in very near time.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter Congrats on beating it! Yeah, that level is pretty dang tough and there's more levels after beating the Bowser world. It's only gonna get tougher from there, lol.

Easily one of my favorite Mario games. I could see myself getting it for Switch, especially since it has Bowser's Fury.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
But, honestly.
It wasn't really fun to play 3D Mario games like that. 😑
I oftenly yelling for falling into bottomless pit / lava / toxic pool or lost multiple characters in a row. The games punish you for being perfect in timing / quick react in limited time given, i couldn't play hardcore like that since i still play the games casually (except DDR). It was really frustrating and easily to make me angry.
Only Super Mario Odyssey was quite easy for me as no Game Over screen so i can keep trying for infinite times.

As i grew up on my 36 years old, my impression with 3D Mario games slowly changed as i found other 3D platformer / adventure offers better experiences.
In fact, i quickly finished most of Ratchet & Clank games on PS3 and PS2 than 3D Mario games (Super Mario Odyssey was the fastest i could finish, just 2 weeks)
I still like Mario games but my hype was not strong as several years ago.

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Well my PC isn't just for Gaming, it's just more than capable of it. I bought it to last me a long time. My previous PC was still decent after 8 years and was only just beginning to really struggle, and since I had to move overseas anyway I figures it was time to replace it. I figure 2000 dollars on something that's going to get thousands of hours of use over years and years is a decent deal.

The Mana games have always been on my radar but I've never played any of them. I know they have some very loyal fans, so there must be something there.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter Yeah, Mario games encourage precision platforming and careful thinking at points. Especially since you lose your power-up if you get hit. (in the 2D games and 3D Land/3D World) I'm quite good at Mario platformers myself (I've been playing Super Mario since I was a kid, plus I've beaten SMB: The Lost Levels!), but even then I can have trouble with certain levels.

I remember playing World 8-3 (from Lost Levels) for the first time as a kid. That level REALLY made me mad back then. I was stuck on that one level for like, the longest time! I was playing it on Super Mario All-Stars, so it at least let me try that level over and over again after getting a Game Over.

By the way, you might want to stay away from Lost Levels. Sounds like you had kind of a rough time with 3D World - Lost Levels is just plain brutal.

NintendoByNature

I only got about halfway thru 3d world on wii u as I got sidetracked during my play through. Ill probably pick it up for switch since I never finished it originally

NintendoByNature

Tendo64

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Anti-Matter Yeah, Mario games encourage precision platforming and careful thinking at points. Especially since you lose your power-up if you get hit. (in the 2D games and 3D Land/3D World) I'm quite good at Mario platformers myself (I've been playing Super Mario since I was a kid, plus I've beaten SMB: The Lost Levels!), but even then I can have trouble with certain levels.

I remember playing World 8-3 (from Lost Levels) for the first time as a kid. That level REALLY made me mad back then. I was stuck on that one level for like, the longest time! I was playing it on Super Mario All-Stars, so it at least let me try that level over and over again after getting a Game Over.

By the way, you might want to stay away from Lost Levels. Sounds like you had kind of a rough time with 3D World - Lost Levels is just plain brutal.

Damn right it's brutal haha.

I remember when I got All-Stars when I was 6, I used to call the purple mushrooms 'the Chinese mushrooms' hahahahahaha

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Gamerboy19

@NintendoByNature I have the last three courses left: the final ordinary level, the final captain toad level and the final mystery house. They are actually pretty hard.

Gamerboy19

HotGoomba

@Link-Hero You're probably right, but I'm not a PC gamer. Never have been, probably won't be. The Series S and Ps5 are good enough for me, especially because of the exclusives and features. And I'm way more used to Controllers and even touch screen controls (ew) than Keyboard and mouse. I could use a bluetooth controller, but I'd just rather get a gaming console(s), since it's cheaper, and because I don't see many additional benefits with a PC.

But I might eventually be forced to become one if VR on PC gets better and better. But I would still prefer getting an Oculus Quest, even if I'd have to sell my soul to Facebook.

Also, did you just use "$1000" lightly?

Edited on by HotGoomba

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

TheFrenchiestFry

@Link-Hero People don't necessarily always prefer PC gaming to the convenience of just having a box that plays the games for them. Getting your hands on a PC config or even building one that has equivalent specs to the current consoles is going to be expensive anyway.

Even as a PC player I still invest in console ecosystems because they generally have their own benefits compared to PC, like their exclusive libraries in addition to the convenience of not having to go through annoying updates for stuff like Steam upon starting up my PC. Steam's interface in general imo, is terrible (especially Big Picture Mode) while EGS' interface is devoid of features that have become standard on Steam and looks really barebones in comparison to how fluid and simple yet feature rich the UI/UX on consoles have become as of late.

PC has more options sure, but there's also a deeper learning curve in regards to how modular that experience is in comparison to just booting up a game on a dedicated gaming system like the PS4 or the Switch.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Tyranexx

Heh. I caught five shiny Electabuzz during the hour I was out for Community Day, and they're all bad. The best one was a one star at 0/14/8. The rest didn't even register.

Oh well. Better luck on Saturday hopefully!

@Heavyarms55 I definitely agree there! I want to buy or build a PC that'll last awhile. Not only to support some decent gaming, but also a bit of side coding and programs like Unity; I want to tinker around with creating games again. Though I learned long ago that I'm terrible at creating 3D models. I'd have to import those lol.

Other than a few minutes of Secret of Mana on the SNES Classic, I hadn't played any of the Mana series either until a few months ago. I really enjoyed Final Fantasy Adventure (Also known as Seiken Densetsu 1 or Mystic Quest); it's sort of hard to believe it started life on the humble Game Boy. I'm also enjoying Secret of Mana, but there are aspects of its mechanics and control scheme I don't care for. Still, the music is top-notch and the story is serviceable if a bit generic so far.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Question about Pokemon Sword / Shield.
If i buy the Expansion Pass edition in cartridge, will the game considered same as my Pokemon Sword so it will overwrite my latest Save data with Expansion packs ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic