Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 38,681 to 38,700 of 96,507

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - I love that guy, he’s one of my favorite early nintendo villains. His name in the Punch Out arcade cabinet is Vodka Drunkenski, and knowing what he talks about between rounds; I feel pretty comfortable saying it’s Gatorade in his bottle.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee oh yea that's right. It's totally an electrolyte of some kind. I May have gotten carried away with assuming it was something else. Shame on me.

I have the arcade archive Punch out on switch but I never got far enough on it. As for the nes version, I beat Tyson so many times back in the day. The nes was hooked up to a tv well into the early 2000s from the late 80s. So i had alot of practice to master my craft. I can't get anywhere on the nes classic version though. I almost want to buy the Wii u version though to see if there's any difference between them.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

Ugh. Hate tax season. Plz help.

@New_Guest I'll try pretty much any chocolate as long as it isn't mixed with the few things that I dislike. I'm not a fan of malt flavoring, for example.

@Eel Cocadas and the Bubu Lubu sound simply amazing. I'm not sure I've had spicy candy before outside of things like Red Hots (if those count), but I'd also try that.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

Managed to play a little 64 this afternoon. Wcw vs nwo revenge. Felt good, real good...

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Haha, yeah, he has to keep his levels balanced and stay hydrated. He’s a finely tuned athlete. I like the entire cast of that game. One I obsessed over as well when I was young and still play occasionally to this day. I’ve never been one to really notice things like minor lag, but I’ve never gotten past Soda Pop on the Wii/U VC versions, and just last summer I made it to Super Macho Man in a matter of minutes on cart before losing a slugfest. He’s the hardest fight in the game for me. I can also get slipped up in any of the second fights with Piston, Bull, and especially Flamenco. I haven’t played the Classic version, but I think there’s just enough lag in the VC versions that I can’t overcome it at a certain point in the game, and it sounds like maybe the Classic is the same way.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee hmm. Yea You're prob right. If the classic is laggy I'm sure the vc version is too. Which is a shame since I was a master at that game at a very young age. And my original nes isn't working (turns on, games turn on, but neither controller works). So I have to bring that in to be fixed if I want to see Tyson again I suppose.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - It just gets so quick twitch by Soda Pop that I think the tiniest bit of lag affects that game in a way it might not with other games. Who knows, maybe there’s people who can blast right through the VC/Classic version of the game? I’ve seen other people here through the years relay this same scenario where they’re good on cart and bad on rom.

Just saw your Revenge post, that sounds super fun. You hit any Diamond Cutters it Stinger Splashes? I’d probably choose the big, bad bootie daddy himself, Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner as my rassler. He’s been on my mind because he showed up in an episode of NWA Powerrr a few weeks ago and called everyone in the crowd, “fat, stupid hillbillies” multiple times. Everyone went crazy with rage. That show is like watching wrestling from 35 years ago, but everyone is in on the joke.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee yea for sure. Might have to test the Wii u version soon to see if it stacks up or not.

Dude...you know I used big poppa pump. Steiner recliner and all. Also did a couple rounds of macho man, Goldberg and Kevin Nash. 😋 the jackhammer to this day is still dope. Next might be the shooting star press!

Edit: continued my monthly vc purchase since it's now February. 1st game, Castlevania Dracula X

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Vinny

I had a Cornetto ice cream today and wafer cone was all soft and stale

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

NotTelevision

@NintendoByNature You better beat up that jerk. He’s Russian so obviously he loves soda. I think 7 Up is basically coming out of the taps in that country.

@bimmy-lee They gave Bald Bull and Soda Popinski that same annoying laugh. That moment Popinski TKOs you and starts quacking is so frustrating. Really makes you want to try again and get that guy 😅

NotTelevision

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - The SSP is always exhilarating. Kidman, and maybe one of the Japanese guys have one. It’s fun to hit the spear and Jackhammer with Goldberg and the jackknife with Nash. I love a good tap out finish too with the recliner. You’re making me want to dig my old stuff out storage. It’ll be two years this spring since I put all the non HDMI stuff and CRT away.

Edit - Forgot about LA Parka. Don’t forget about him.

@NotTelevision - No doubt it was rage inducing. They were both like the dog from Duck Hunt in that regard. I contend the PO game over screen is the most depressing in the history of gaming.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@NotTelevision good tip, I'll dangle a 2L in front of him to throw him off his game 😋.
@bimmy-lee do it man. Pull it all out and start setting up stations all over the house. I got the n64 hooked up to the daughters tv since im running out of space lol. Might even fire up griffey slug fest tonight if I got the time. Ah yes!! La Parka. I also really enjoyed a good Chris benoit flying head butt on occasion. Or even a crippler crossface

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - I’d like a unified game room, but that’s looking unlikely for years now, so I may have to take your advice. I’m in the very early stages of converting the basement living room space into a playroom. It’s an overflow storage disaster right now, so it’ll take a little while. I’ll definitely be hooking up the Wii/U and SNES Classic in there eventually though. I always made myself in those wrestling games, and the Crippler was my submission finish. It’s probably my favorite submission finish in all of wrestling because it looked so legit when Benoit put it on.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee yea man , that's sweet you have a basement. We don't unfortunately but when we move in a few years or so it'll be on the must have list.

When we do I'll have a dedicated gaming corner and will probably pick up an arcAde 1up cab. Prob rampage and the tmnt one. Turtles in time dude...turtles in time...

I loved Chris benoit, and how well versed he was in all walks of wrestling. Grappling, high flying, submissions etc. Rings of Saturn was pretty cool too. Same with the figure 4. Easy to mimic on the playground and it really hurt. The ankle lock had it moments, but it's prob because I loved Ken shamrock too.

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

Hailey is now blowing out her puppy coat. I just gave her a bath with deshed shampoo and conditioner. So much hair, I think it’ll grow a chinchilla in my septic. Now she’s running laps.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer haha we just did the same with our guy. Hair everywhere. He got so mad at us he went #2 in the kitchen

NintendoByNature

Eel

I found this month on a cactus this morning. Just wanted to share a pic of it.

Edit: oh sheesh it posted the whole thing. I wanted just the tweet with the moth 😩

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Yeah, those were all great submissions. Good ole pro rasslin. Especially on the playground. We used to talk about Saturday Night’s Main Event every Monday as soon as we got to school.

@HobbitGamer - Wait, I think I missed something, who’s Hailey? She sounds adorable.

@Eel - Incredible pictures. I had to look at that moth for a minute to figure it out. All I could see was a snake. Is that a park? How tall are those cactus, they look enormous?

limby-bee was a jerk.

Eel

Haha I couldn't see the snake until my mom mentioned it, now I can't usee it. They're very very tall. Like at least three meters. Probably more.

It was at the hotel we visited this morning. It's pretty much in the middle of nowhere in a place named Cataviña, and it has this nice area with saguaros and steel figures.

We've never stayed there for the night, but we usually have breakfast there when we go this way.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic