Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 38,421 to 38,440 of 96,543

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee Right when I showed them my part they thought I was on the right track. Sent a pic to my colleague’s husband (that owns the Jeep salvage and repair here), Same thought. Part should arrive tomorrow, maybe I can pick it up after the washer and dryer are delivered. Segwayyyy. My 9 year old dryer has such a weak blower now that all the lint that used to be in a lint trap has been storing up in the flex pipe to the wall, and the horribly thought-out double-90 degree turns in the attic to the ceiling vent stack. So all the moisture pooled in the wall to vent stack joints and leaked into the drywall. Once the new one arrives tomorrow I’ll be up in the attic cleaning the stacks and reworking the joining setup.

It’s been a day!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NotTelevision

@Ninfan I’ve used dolphin before. It’s just a typical emulator really. If you have a good PC you’ll get more out of it and be able to play games at higher resolutions and framerates.

NotTelevision

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx I didn't have the 404 issue, but last week I ran into issues with the site that took me to cloudflare's backup and it was asking me if I was the owner of the site. It lasted at least 10 minutes before I gave up refreshing. When I came back to the computer hours later, the site was back.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - Glad they didn’t act like carnies at the part shop. Do you have a wet ceiling or wall, and did the moisture soak all the way through? Life hit you with a solid, reliable combo. Bang, bang, home and auto, it’s classic. Maybe consider sharing some of your Hong Bao to try and swing your luck faster, but it should even out.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee It soaked enough to make some plaster that’s already brittle break off, yeah. But no staining, and only at the drywall seam on the ceiling.
I must have irritable Bao syndrome 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ninfan

NotTelevision wrote:

@Ninfan I’ve used dolphin before. It’s just a typical emulator really. If you have a good PC you’ll get more out of it and be able to play games at higher resolutions and framerates.

@NotTelevision so I do need a copy of the game to play on it. which do you say yes/no

Ninfan

NotTelevision

@Ninfan Well... no. It’s an emulator so you playing the game on your PC via a ROM. The ROM is a digital version of the game that is playable on an emulator. I’m not going to reveal where and how to get those because it is against the rules of the site.

Just google search “dolphin emulator” and I’m sure there are entire reddit pages full of info that will get you started.

It’s only preferable to use an emulator with certain games though. Original hardware is preferable most of the time. An exception would be the N64 games. I have an N64 but the frame rate in games like Starfox tanks when there is too many explosions on screen. An emulator can get Starfox, Waverace, etc... at a consistent 60fps so it’s worth it for those. Other stuff it’s probably better to play on the original hardware.

NotTelevision

WoomyNNYes

Coincidentally, dropping my cube off for repair this week (probably tomorrow).

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

The Lion Dance performance at my school this morning.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 Typically the only issues I tend to run into here (thankfully not often) are Bad Gateway errors. Then there are times where the site won't load for me at all, but going by the timing I suspect those cases are when the site is getting backed up in the dead of night in the UK and/or the server is reset.

@Anti-Matter Cool! I hope the students were entertained. As a kid, I enjoyed that stuff but also had a fear of unfamiliar things in suits in my younger years. Hopefully none of the kids were scared for any reason. I can sympathize, though most usually grow out of it.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
I saw a few Kindergarten students cried due to look at the Lion Dance mask. 😆

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter Heh, poor kids! I can sympathize on both sides there. Besides being one of those kids at one point, I was also asked to wear a Curious George suit for the school book fair when I was 13. Most kids enjoyed it, but I did accidentally make a few of them cry.

I really do feel for people at places like Disney who wear those for their job. I know they have cooling fans and limited hours in those suits for their own safety, but MAN do those suits get hot!

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

Zuljaras

So I finally painted the Unholy Warrior!

I apologise in advance for the terrible lighting!

Here is a video:

And here are 2 photos (again in the same dreadful lighting):
Untitled
Untitled

The metal plates and the sword on him are painted with metallic paint to simulate real metal.
His armor and weapon are rusted and only show little of his former glory!

Edited on by Zuljaras

1UP_MARIO

@Zuljaras wow. That looks really really good.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Sisilly_G

@Zuljaras : You just post the link and it is automatically embedded.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Tyranexx

@Zuljaras Awesome job! The green reminds me of the Hero's Shade from Twilight Princess more than ever lol.

@NEStalgia ...Care to summarize? I'm staying out of comment sections with that many posts these days. Partially because I'm on mobile during the day, and the sheer amount of them tends to drive my phone crazy.

In the meantime, I'll track down more palms for your face.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic