Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,261 to 36,280 of 96,507

Sunsy

@Tyranexx Indeed, because of its simplicity, I found it to be an easy way to casually enjoy the world of Kanto again. I got so nostalgic when I was in Pallet Town again.

If you ever pick it up, hope you enjoy it.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

NotTelevision

@Heavyarms55 Ohh boy. Your first job sounds a lot like mine. Sweeping trash and bathroom duty, all on a minimum wage I’m guessing 😛.

Yeah most smokers do have that kind of nonchalant attitude when it comes to litter unfortunately. It’s strange that you see them throwing every other kind of garbage in the trash, but not cigarette butts. I’d always put mine out on the pavement then try to find a bin to throw away the butt, but most don’t make the effort.

@Sunsey I’m interested in Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Do you know how it compares to other Atlas games like Persona 5 and SMT?

I’m not huge into JRPGS but I like the ones with quirkier/comical storylines and characters. Might give TMS a go if it’s anything like that.

NotTelevision

Heavyarms55

@NotTelevision Well I mean, I was 14, so I was plenty happy with min wage.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Vinny

It's always great when YouTube recommends me 70s japanese jazz albuns.
A lot of people found out about Ryo Fukui's works this way actually.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

NintendoByNature

Sweeeeet!!! King of cards is less than a month away. December 10th yall.

NintendoByNature

NotTelevision

@Heavyarms55 Yeah for real. Getting that bit of financial independence was also a good feeling.

@Vinny I like a lot of Japanese jazz albums from that era. Mainly heard the stuff from the Three Blind Mice label, but there is more out there to check out.

If you like early electro, Yellow Magic Orchestra’s music from that period is a pretty interesting listen as well. Otherworldly to put it mildly.

Edited on by NotTelevision

NotTelevision

Tyranexx

@Sunsy Thanks! I initially wasn't interested in TMS #FE until I researched it more. The premise is both interesting and quirky; games like that catch my attention.

And yes, I fully expect to be slammed by the nostalgia train when I do pick up one of the Let's Go games. Likely the Eevee version since I love the little fox. ^_^

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NEStalgia

For today's math lesson, we'll look at Bank of America, who apparently applies hedge fund math to survey data:

"In a Bank of America survey of 1,000 millennials, reported by US News, 64% said Home Depot was their top choice for home-improvement shopping, while 53% preferred Lowe's."

NEStalgia

Heavyarms55

@NEStalgia So they actually surveyed about 1170 millennials? Or maybe a bunch somehow prefer both?

I'm just waiting for the follow-up news story blaming millennials for destroying the home improvement industry. Because, you know, we ARE the single worst generation in the history of mankind and are responsible for everything bad has ever happened... or ever will. Or at least that's what old folks have told me all my life.

-Green-

The older generation hating on the newer generation is a silly cycle that has persisted since times immemorial. Bet you if we could travel back in time and through dimensions to the world of the flintstones caveman we’d see it present there too.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Eel

“Unga insisting on using this ‘fire’ for everything! What wrong with old values? Why Unga not like fresh meat no longer?”

“Is problem with new generation! Afraid of too much blood in food!”

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Heavyarms55

@Eel Speaking of older things, I notice that in the recent comments list, Nintendo life still uses your old profile pic from one of your previous incarnations.

Eel

Found a fun site. It makes up an article or something based on the sentence you give it to start with. Usually nonsense.

However, when I gave it the sentence: "NintendoLife is overrun by Pokemon hate", all it wrote was:

NintendoLife is overrun by Pokemon hate, and it has no clue how to fix it.

heh here's another one, with "And then Robotnik said to Sonic":

And then Robotnik said to Sonic:

"You will die here if you do not learn to trust your instincts!"

And so Sonic, a boy without a home or family, had to find his way in this world.

But there was no escaping the fact that he was on the wrong path: he would never have become the hero he was if he hadn't lost his mother and had to fend for himself in a harsh world. He would never have been able to reach the heights he did if he hadn't felt the loneliness.

Sonic's journey began, but he would never really get his chance to be himself.

After this story, the rest of the Sonic games will be in my opinion, the better part of the canon. Not because of the story itself, but because it is an example of Sonic at his very best, as a character. The first game is a typical Sonic game where he goes to find his way and save his friends

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

NintendoByNature

@Eel got an re4 question for ya. For guns, is it pointless to carry around two different hand guns and two different shot guns? I guess I'm trying to decide if i should ditch the early weapons and only keep the newer ones I bought. I think the two hand guns and shot guns take the same ammunition right?

NintendoByNature

Eel

@NintendoByNature It's not advisable to carry too many guns, specially multiples of the same kind. However, if you're ditching one for another, make sure to use up all the ammo first. Some guns in the same category have different final upgrade perks, so pick the ones you find the most convenient. Newer weapons tend to be better though.

Talking about ammo, it's worth to remember to use it all up before upgrading the capacity of a gun, since that fills up your ammo, so it's kinda like wasting ammo if you upgrade a gun with bullets.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

NintendoByNature

@Eel cool thanks. Might sell the regular handgun. Might keep both shotguns tho.

NintendoByNature

NEStalgia

@Heavyarms55 I think it's more a matter of either bankers math (2+2=8 (-12% for my cut)) or an indication that NL quality journalism is standard quality journalism

The key here wasn't the millennials part... It's the fact that the nonsense bank survey doesn't even make numeric ends meet

As for millennials, I've learned through my recent imploding nightmare of a civilization that "millennials" is corporate speak for "rich brats of good breeding from wealthy stock, who went to the right schools and hold upwardly mobile career tracks in the right social circles, and also are in their 20s, and possess self righteous views based on thinly scorn for the less well finished commoners.". It's actually a very narrow subset of the total population.

NEStalgia

Heavyarms55

@NEStalgia I don't fit into that group then. How dare you take my label from me!? I must now find several minor but easily exploitable things to criticize you over!

NEStalgia

@Heavyarms55 go sip your $7 mochachino in a cup made from corn while riding the Peloton at your local Edge Fitness before Instagraming your kale salad at your upscale downscale $12 lunch casual shop before taking your lap dog to the grooming salon on the way home from your six figure environmental science job, you millennial!

We used to call them yuppies... Then hipsters. Now it's "millennials". Same obnoxious loonies no matter the label, except this time there "what the young people are".... At least the young people with buckets of money to spend on blending with their aspirational like minded, and therefore worth catering to in nearly all business (till the bubble bursts...)

Still, the fact that they can measure well over 100% in a survey is still a testament to the talents of the dino boomers running the finance surveys

NEStalgia

Eel

Talking about cups made out of plants, a coffee shop in Guadalajara was selling reusable cups made from agave when I was there, and they have cows printed on them so I absolutely had to get both colors.

It’s not like super insulated (Or at all) but I just love using them for my daily coffee, it’s like having an endless supply of paper cups. I particularly like the one that comes in the natural brown color.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic