Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,241 to 36,260 of 96,570

Zuljaras

@Anti-Matter I have found this video last month and I thought about your claims of loneliness.

Your interests does not make you unique. There are other people in the world like you that have the exact same problem.

My personal advice to you is to start thinking not so much about you. I mean do not take offence really but everything you post here is about you and your interests and how you want the things to work etc. etc.
Many users tried to explain to you that it is ok NOT to like certain things but condemning them like fanatic is not healthy.

Focus on external things more than internal. I know you like doing your stuff but friendships are not only about hobbies.

And I am telling this to you as a person that generally do not like you however sometimes there are sparks of NOT totally crazy/hatred spews like the one time you took to explain to me why I should buy Portal Knights. And guess what I did and I enjoyed it. It will not work every time but you can focus on those things instead of the negatives right?
Also telling yourself that there is no hope is one of the biggest mistakes someone could do.

Those videos might actually help you since the person in them have the same struggles in his life as well.

BTW you might have Ignored me here so someone else could show you the video.

PS: Not everything in the world should have a six-pack chibi version

Edited on by Zuljaras

Sunsy

As a Sonic fan, the new Sonic movie trailer was something great to wake up to this morning. I'm personally very happy with it, and it actually made my day before my day even got started. Yeah, woke up in a good mood this morning.

@Tyranexx Enjoy the new Pokemon game when the time comes. Meanwhile, I actually played Ultra Sun a bit when the power went out, still haven't completed the game. Not sure if it was weather or something else, since it's raining and it may change to snow later.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Tyranexx

@Sunsy I was late when it came to Ultra Sun as well; I only played/finished it this past summer. XD I liked some of the changes added in compared to the original Sun/Moon, but I preferred some of the plot points in the original two as well.

I'm glad I played it, but the game was a bit of a mixed bag on the whole.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sunsy

@Tyranexx I think I'm still on the second island, and I got it for Christmas in 2017. Amusing part about playing today, last time I touched this was November 12th last year. Last few times I played Pokemon was Let's Go Eevee. Tough to juggle between multiple RPGs, between Let's Go and Tokyo Mirage Sessions on Wii U. Still had fun playing them regardless.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter Want some more silliness involving tobacco?

In almost all states in the USA, there is a health program called CHIP. Children’s Health Insurance Program. It’s created to help provide limited health insurance coverage for youth, based on a needs and income assessment. This is a tax-funded program, and one of the ways it’s funded is by a specific tax on smoking tobacco products. At the same time, tax-funded programs exist to help provide assistance for smoking-cessation.

In a narrow lens, if I use my tax dollars to quit smoking, I won’t have as many of my tax dollars helping the children. The folks that are the most indulgent of disposable income and products are often the most taxed, while maligned for their choices that help contribute money to other ventures not normally connected.

Wrap your head around that. I’ll wait.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter No worries about posting long stories, you're not the only one doing that. As far as the cigarette and smoking dislike goes, I can completely agree with you 1000% (yes, thousand, not a typo), and I am a former smoker myself, but I quit almost 16 years ago now.

But... the big difference between smoking and games or movies you don't like, is that smoke cannot be avoided in some places (although in a lot of countries, more and more restrictions are put upon smokers), while games and movies you don't like can very simply be avoided by not buying, playing or watching them.

And that is also why it is somewhat annoying to watch/read for others, because it's the same complaints EVERY time, and these games and these movies are not going away, so your complaining/ranting is not going to do anything to change that.

To make myself absolutely clear: I didn't say that YOU are stupid, but repeating the same behavior while knowing the outcome is going to remain the same IS stupid, so you're a smart person doing dumb and useless things, and that's a real shame. You REALLY need to reconsider your behavior or actions where that is concerned.

I also noticed your comment in the Xbox thread, where someone genuinely tried to suggest a game to you, also explaining why, and you telling him off, as if he was a little kid that you had to set straight. And your language usage there is far from normal. In fact, if we didn't know who it was coming from, then a phrase like "don't try my patience" could come across as rather angry or even threatening/ominous. Of course, this is online communication, so the other person will only laugh at your comment, because it will come across as somewhat ridiculous to him, because it's not what you expect when you're trying to help someone.

On a side note: you CANNOT judge games simply on an age rating label. Fable is indeed quite kid friendly in many ways. It all depends on how you play it. And it does have many things in common with games like Final Fantasy, so if you play those games, then you might just like Fable as well. Don't say you dislike or even hate something that you have no real knowledge about or experience with. That, once again, is extremely stupid behavior, and I'm sure that this is the case in the eyes of many people.

As for not having many friends: I don't know for sure of course, but if you're just as strict and extreme in real life as on here, then I can imagine that people may find it hard to have a normal conversation with you, let alone start a friendship. Friendship can certainly be about mutual likes and interests, but is often also about mutual respect and understanding, and like with all the people on here, friends don't HAVE to agree on everything, or like all the same things.

So, if you would not be able to accept that someone else has a different taste in entertainment than you, then it would be VERY hard to make friends. Which, in the end, is only to your own disadvantage, because you stay alone, and they will simply move on and make other friends, that are more accepting of their different views and tastes.

It's actually quite simple: you can like or agree with aspects of a person, and still be friends, even though not everything that they do and like is the same as it is for you. Just focus on those things, and not on what you DON'T like, because that's useless. As with all things in life, try and think mainly in solutions, NOT in problems, what IS possible instead of what isn't. So, you can't stop these kinds of games and/or movies coming out, and you also can't stop people playing/watching them or liking them, so forget about ranting against it and getting angry about it, because nobody cares, and in the end, the only person with the problems and the frustrations, is you, and that is REALLY not healthy.

Another thing that I was thinking about, is that you keep going like this, then we might see you getting another ban, because your anger seems to be rising a bit again, so if you allow that to take over, things go from bad to worse, and then the only thing that will happen, is you getting punished again, so that too is something that you shouldn't want to happen, which is another reason to just simply let some things be what they are, and not be so extreme all the time. Just look at what is good or okay for you, and simply ignore all the other stuff or entertainment. It really isn't that hard to do. There's plenty of movies I don't watch, and there's plenty of games I don't play.

The big difference between you and me is that I don't mind them being there, because I know that there's other people in the world that DO like them, so if they can have fun with it or be entertained by them, then I'm happy that they too can have something to enjoy, even though I personally don't like it. The world is not all about our personal wants and needs. Remember that, and as I said before, keep in mind that all people have different tastes and interests, and that it is important to respect that and to accept that this is just the way it is.

Well, that's about all I can say, concerning this topic, otherwise, I would just be repeating myself. If you haven't blocked/ignored @Zuljaras, then you might want to watch that video he posted. But just in case that you have, here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_XAflHYJQo
It might help you, in some ways.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NintendoByNature

@Sunsy @Tyranexx yep weather has been terrible. 10 degrees this morning here in Chicago.
Side note: played a good 30 min of KoF95 and It's safe to say to blow at it lol. Ah well, I'll keep at it, and play some smash too to build my confidence haah

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX One thing I was thinking about is that a lot of comment sections are designed in a way that focuses on the bad. Most sites don't allow things to be thumbed down or voted down anymore. So negative comments get reinforced without restriction, then people see them and argue, which obviously entices responses, all these replies further push the most antagonistic and negative comments to the top which further snowballs arguments and combative conversations.

Personally, I like how Crunchyroll handles it on their website. If a comment is downvoted enough, it is hidden and you have to go out of your way to click to read it. I don't think people should be silenced but this is the only case I know of these days where a comment section has a downvote option that does anything. On YouTube or news sites or even this site, the downvote does nothing, often it's not even visible.

I think website designers are deliberately taking advantage of arguments and combative posts as a way to generate more clicks, views and potentially ad revenue.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 The Crunchyroll method sounds like a better method than the "ignore" button over here.
I feel like I should not be forced to take action and having to block other users, just because they are acting like trolls, morons or incessant whiners, because that to me feels like me having to bend the knee to losers, which in turn feels like me being punished, instead of the idiots that are actually displaying this annoying behavior.

And besides that, not being able to see certain comments anymore, makes for VERY weird, detached discussions in the comment sections sometimes, because you do see other people reacting to someone who's comments you can't read anymore, because you ignored him. In the case of individually covered/hidden comments that are still readable/retrievable if you really want to, it's at least your own choice to do so, and not a "one measure for all comments of this person" kind of rule.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

SheldonRandoms

It's already been 7 years (today) since I've revved up my account on Nintendo Lif-I AIN'T OLD!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

NotTelevision

@Anti-Matter Yeah I’m with you on the smoking in Indonesia being out of control. Going there was what I imagine the US was like in the 60s, when it came to tobacco laws. I saw 3-4 guys smoking inside a minivan used for public transport, full of mothers with newborn babies breathing in the thick smoke from the clove cigarettes. I tried some of the cigarettes that the older guys were smoking and couldn’t believe how strong they were. Big, wide unfiltered clove cigarettes that knocked the wind out me.

Wonderful place other than that though. I still want to go back and see Sulawesi and go to the Banda Islands.

NotTelevision

Heavyarms55

@NotTelevision Speaking of smoking at my first job back when I was 14 I used to have to go around the building sweeping up. Which really meant cleaning up after smokers. Even as a kid I could understand it when people were on the far side of the truck garage and there were no ash trays around. But at the break table, with 2 large ash trays, I used to still have to sweep up a bunch of cigarette butts. It used to annoy me to no end! There were ash trays right there! On the table!

Also a bunch of the street corners in my town used to be covered in cigarette butts from people throwing them out the window while driving...

I don't know what it is with smokers thinking the world is their ash tray. DX

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tyranexx

@Sunsy I typically only try to play one RPG at a time unless one game is a mix-up of other genres. Then I'll sometimes play another lol. It really depends.

@NintendoByNature Yep, sounds a lot like our morning high. I don't think the temp even exceeded 20° F here today.

I did see a story about a plane sliding off a runway up there when landing. Glad nobody was hurt.

@Eel Luckily I'm used to your shenanigans at this point, otherwise I would have thought we had a new user. XD

I'll trade you climates btw. At least until this weekend when stuff is supposed to start stabilizing again.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

WoomyNNYes

Anybody know when review embargo lifts for the Bee Simulator? I've been looking forward to this game for a while.

Edit: sorry about the game misspelling first time. I was way off.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

SheldonRandoms

@Eel I remember my NL Birthday since that was the day I got power back after losing it for over 2 weeks that one time. That was also the year everyone had to knock on your door during Halloween since doorbells were out of commission.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Eel

I can’t say I remember much of when I joined, I guess I REALLY wanted to post something. Ah the good old times when the site reviewed every DSiWare game.

@Tyranexx Well I plan to stay like this for at least three months! I considered eeleel.

I personally can’t wait until it’s cold enough to wear a sweater and turn off the fan. Poor thing has been running nonstop for months.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sunsy

@NintendoByNature Thankfully, it didn't snow here as it was going to originally, but now it's really windy. Which is a good thing as I wanted to start Christmas shopping this week, and I don't travel when snow is covering the road.

Keep practicing, King of Fighters is pretty challenging. I have KoF2002 from GOG, so I've played one of the games before.

@Tyranexx My main focus has mostly been Tokyo Mirage Sessions, though I've been enjoying Let's Go casually. I'm glad Tokyo Mirage Sessions is getting a Switch port, I love the game.

ThanosReXXX

@Eel I'm still waiting for the day to see you turn your name into CartwhEel....

Tyranexx

I'm not sure what made me join. I'm assuming I really wanted to comment on an article badly enough at one point. I'm pretty sure I started visiting the site in 2011 but didn't bother joining up until midway through 2015.

@Eel Hah, I wasn't expecting your username to change for another 90 days or so.

What we had and will resume having is sweater weather. It's rare that temps get as low as they are currently until late December here. Not a fan of the weather when it's below freezing.

@Sunsy Totally understandable; the Let's Go games are different enough from your normal turn-based RPG that I'd consider playing one of the two along with another.

I gotta give Tokyo Mirage Sessions a try at some point. I almost picked up the Wii U version but have decided to wait until I thin my current gaming hoard a little. XD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic