Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 35,361 to 35,380 of 45,774

bimmy-lee

I only need to see GDT’s name attached to a movie, and I’m instantly in.

@NEStalgia - It’s so true! I blame the Great Depression. It must have broken our sensibilities for 30ish years. That conflation is what draws me to that sort of stuff. My great grandparents had a house full of those sort of cute/haunting items. It was like the Mütter Museum of creepy cute things. Disturbingly interesting. They were classic depression folk. Saved everything. When we cleared their house out for the estate sale, we found four right wooden legs. Why? No one was missing a right leg. Or a left. I guess they had a good stock of them if they ever became necessary.

@Link-Hero - That scene is what first sucked me in. They have us reeling with the breathing issue, then just blast us like we’re Little Mac with a lightning fast uppercut out of nowhere. It seems mean to admit, but that little girl creeped me out just by being on screen.

@HobbitGamer - I don’t understand how Hellraiser fell right off a cliff after the sequel. It was all right there for them to churn out a great series. At least we have the first two though. The first one makes me feel like I shouldn’t be watching it. It’s so evil. Good times.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Oh boy, yeah, that chatter teeth cenobite haunted my dreams for a long time when I was younger. I don’t think he even does much other than chatter his teeth, but that was enough. He was the scariest one for me.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Heavyarms55

Hey guys, I'm back. Did I miss anything interesting over the long weekend?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

HobbitGamer

But it’s so cute

Untitled

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

I prefer watching this.

And this also.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 10 villagers on ACNH:
1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

NintendoByNature

@Heavyarms55 welcome back! And i don't think much. I'm barely sleeping at night thanks to bimmys suggestion on a movie. What can I say im impressionable 😉.
@HobbitGamer well when you put it that way, I guess i wouldn't mind cuddling up with it. Then again, maybe not. Actually yea, not gonna happen lol.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

Apparently I'm not the only one who took/has taken a bit of a hiatus. I feel better now.

I actually get some game time this evening for a change.

Currently playing: The Wonderful 101: Remastered (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Link-Hero

I've been meaning to watch the Hellraiser movies for a while now. Have the first one ready up on Amazon Video whenever I get the time. I do remember seeing a tiny bit of one of them years ago somewhere in the early to mid-'00s on cable. Unfortunately, I do not know which one it was as not only I wasn't fully paying attention, I didn't like horror movies at the time.

@Anti-Matter
Please don't attempt to steer the conversation to something else. If you don't like it, just wait until everyone is finished with the topic.

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Switch Friend Code: SW-3097-0477-1999 | Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Creepy tongue click noise.

@Heavyarms55 - We figured out a plan for world peace, but we’re not sure how to implement it. You’ve seen the biggest news though, according to Wikipedia, the Switch is a home console only, and the 4DS should be arriving from the future any day now.

@Tyranexx - How was the scare business? Any rowdy teens soil themselves?

@HobbitGamer - Such a cute little sadist demon! I got the full set of the Pac Man pops for my kids, I’ll have to start working on the horror set. I know they’re kind of silly, but all those ghosts plus Mr and Mrs Pac Man look cute in their rooms.

@Link-Hero - A runaway train can’t be steered. We’re a northbound train on a southbound track. We’re all right leaving, but we won’t be back. Just focus on Hellraiser I and II, the rest are mediocre at best.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

bimmy-lee

Haha, you got yourself a cute little fella there. Wet dogs all make the same face. It’s like humiliation, anger, and happiness all rolled into one. Bet he can’t wait to roll in some poop.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Heavyarms55

@NintendoByNature What movie? My mother used to have issues with nightmares from TV and movies. She once had a nightmare about Smallville and I still tease her about that one. lol

@bimmy-lee Speaking of handhelds, I have started seeing people playing with their Switch Lites in the wild. Not sure how they are doing that, since it's a home console. Must be the same sorcery that let people play their real Switches in the wild. Clearly they just sacrificed a few virgins to C'thullu in order to power their blasphemy while they wait for the 4DS to have full time travel capabilities. (Obviously that's what the 4th dimension is in this case!)

@Anti-Matter @HobbitGamer I watched Sailor Moon with my mother before I went to school back in the day. Though it was the heavily edited version for American TV where they made the LGBT character straight and cut out a lot of content otherwise to make it more "American kid friendly". I should really revisit the original Japanese at some point.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

bimmy-lee

@Heavyarms55 - Wow, they must have some lightweight televisions and reeeeally long extension cords in Japan! I’m just happy the joy con aren’t hard wired.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Heavyarms55

@bimmy-lee Well you see, that's what the virgin sacrifice to C'thullu was for. It makes it so you can play home consoles on the go. Really, I'm not sure why everyone forgets that little detail. shrugs

HobbitGamer

I thought sacrifice wasn’t required unless you use the 4DS DD expansion backpack.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

No, it's just that you need two virgin sacrifices for that, or one virgin and 30 liters of orphan tears. C'thullu is very reasonable in this regard, so you can supply the orphan tears in payments of 1 liter a month... Just don't be late.

NintendoByNature

@Heavyarms55 hereditary. It's a real fright first, at least for me, if you kinda believe that stuff can happen. I don't wana spoil too much. If you're easily terrified of horror movies, steer clear!

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

Ohhhh ok. Well at least Nintendo is giving options.

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic