Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 35,341 to 35,360 of 96,298

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Ah, thanks for that. Finally, some more manly stuff. Away with all this sissy modeling stuff and androgynous stick figures.

The only models I want to see are Victoria's Secrets or Playboy Pets. (or those from that other magazine)

@bimmy-lee Guess we'll find out soon enough, more info is bound to come in. I'm already seeing YouTube channels putting the trailer under the microscope and making half hour long analyses from it...

@gcunit I very much share your opinion. Great trailer, good mood creator, so they've set it up pretty nicely, far as I'm concerned.

@BruceCM Well, that and a little bit more. Basically the first part changed to normal, as in: https://youtube.com, and then removing everything that comes after the video id code, which is the bit that says "v=" with a lot of letters and numbers. Any additional command is added with a "&", so delete that and everything after that, so you just end up with the main address and the video code without additional commands.

@StableInvadeel Why? There's nothing wrong with your English, so you'll do just fine, and the Aurora is truly something to behold, so it's VERY much worth any accompanying inconvenience.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

@StableInvadeel - I’ve seen Northern Lights very faint in the sky under perfect conditions a few times in IN. Even dim, it was really cool. Can’t imagine how awe inspiring it would be to be way up north in the midst of them though. Great idea for a family trip.

@ThanosReXXX - I sent the trailer to a friend via YT this morning and saw the same thing happening. I can’t think of too many things that have remained a worldwide phenomenon for my entire life. In fact, Star Wars May be the only thing that has stayed relevant for the entirety of my 40 years.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

HobbitGamer

@StableInvadeel I’m pretty sure y’all will freeze. That’s how that works, right? 😜

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

CurryPowderKeg79

Are there any new NSO games coming this month? I might of missed it but i haven't heard of any new Nintendo or Super Nintendo games coming for October.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

HobbitGamer

@CurryPowderKeg79 Not that’s been said. But hey, we have SNES now! That’s all people wanted, right? “Enough with NES, give us SNES!”, “This isn’t worth money until there’s SNES”, rabble rabble 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

CurryPowderKeg79

Thanks @HobbitGamer i thought maybe i missed an announcement.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Indeed. I still vividly remember going to see the first one in the cinema and having my young mind being totally blown away. Now many years later, I've seen (and largely enjoyed) all of them in the cinema, then bought or streamed them, and from the second trilogy, I own three versions, one of which on VHS, in a gold & black Darth Vader-themed box. The box will ultimately more than likely last longer than the tapes themselves, though...

@CurryPowderKeg79 Might "of"?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer And now that the "SNES on NSO" plan has succeeded, it's time to fan the flames of "N64 on NSO". Nintendo needs to hurry the f... up already. They're SO far behind the times in that regard, that it really isn't even funny anymore.

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel Well, it is kind of an alien experience, from what I've been told. A friend of mine likened it to being in a green screen room after the special effects are applied, so you actually experience them while being there, instead of having to imagine them. But it's also magical.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be one heck of an impressive experience, and one that's probably going to stay with you for the rest of your life. Be sure to film it or make pictures when you go, and I'd love to see you post them here afterwards.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NEStalgia

@StableInvadeel Cool, going to Canada in Winter? Nice. I CALL DIBS ON HIS NICE WARM HOME IN SUNNY MEXICO!!!

The locks may or may not be changed when you get back, kthxbai.

@ThanosReXXX I dont' even consider SNES delivered until the darned controllers are actually available for purchase. It's NES Mini all over again.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Whatever do you mean, NES? (strokes both the NES and SNES Minis, resting comfortably in his lap)
I now even own the Sega Genesis Mini...

Either way, I don't even really care about NSO. Far as I'm concerned, it sucks massive balls, and what's available in titles and platforms is utterly laughable, for an online service in 2019. They should do a light-speed catch up move, and start offering each and every console and handheld title, right up to the Wii U, as in: since yesterday.

I'd even gladly pay more for that, but as it stands now, it'll be a cold, cold day in hell before I ever spend a single dime on Nintendo's online "service".

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

BruceCM

I'd pay for NSO if I played online games.... Fortunately, there's not really many of those I like anyway & none on Switch

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Sunsy

Honest opinion, as somebody who is a PC gamer, and played Nintendo's previous system. I really don't like paying just to play games I already paid for online. I'm stuck paying for Nintendo Switch Online just to play Splatoon 2, as well as other games with my friend. I do enjoy some of the games on the SNES and NES app, beyond that, I just don't like paying for online multiplayer as I already paid for these games when I bought them.

On a brighter side of things, downloaded Klonoa 2 (GBA) and Donkey Kong 64 on Wii U today. Had a good day out so treated myself to an eShop card.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Stroke your Mini in your lap all you want to. I still want my SNES controllers.

And cloud saves, unfortunately, demand that I maintain NSO.

NEStalgia

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I can only imagine going to the theater to see A New Hope with no prior experience with Star Wars and my mind erupting like a volcano. I saw VI in the theater. I sold my standard edition THX remastered vide tape trilogy to buy the exact same gold special edition. Still have them in storage. It was years later that I regretted selling the standard edition when I realized the two together formed a complete picture of Vader’s mask.

My older cousin had all the play sets and action figures, but he was really finicky and protective of them. Never let me touch them. He had whole movie scenes arranged in his bedroom, but I could only look at them. Drove me crazy.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Patience, my dear man, patience. I'm pretty sure that they'll not make the mistake of underselling these kinds of things again. I don't think they will be made in the exact same numbers as Switches sold, but it should be relatively easy to acquire one in the second wave, which should be distributed soon enough, if news items about it are to be trusted.

@bimmy-lee Ha, yes forgot to mention all about the action figures. I had a bunch of figures, mostly the heroes, some Jawa's, a sandman, or whatever they're called, a Taun-Taun, an X-Wing Fighter, and of course Darth Vader, and some kind of display set. My cousin, thanks to his rather fortunate parents, was spoiled to high-heavens, and had all of those, plus a Millenium Falcon, a Snow Speeder, a Rebel Transport, an AT-AT, a Walker, that station that the rebels attacked in the second movie, that Ice Monster thingy, a Speeder Bike and Jabba The Hutt on his bunk bed display, and all of the characters related to all of these, such as Ewoks, all the various kinds of Storm Troopers, Gammorean guards, Jabba's crew and advisor, and so on, so he had a treasure trunk full of Star Wars stuff.

We've somehow lost (and/or our parents possibly gave stuff away) all of it eventually, so I've no idea where it all went, unfortunately.

As for those matching halves on the video boxes: I had also forgotten about all of that. Thanks for reminding me and making me even sadder that I don't own the original, untouched versions anymore...
(the ones in the black & gold box are already digitally altered in several ways)

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee As for seeing the first (the fourth?) movie in theaters for the first time: at that age, even the scrolling letters in space at the beginning, accompanied by the orchestral music, were already pretty darn cool. And then came the movie. Oh, man. It was SO amazing. I came out of the theater, arms swinging around an imaginary light saber, and my older sister trying to calm me down and getting annoyed at my idiocy...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Yep, I HAD to have those extra scenes. I think it was a total of 10 extra minutes over three movies, but I needed them. I can’t even remember what they added at this point. It was a similar situation with my cousin. His parents got him everything they could get their hands on. I used to lay in bed at night wishing he’d hand them down to me, but nope. He still has them all to this day, meticulously stored away, not a single missing piece. I guess he was smart. There’s a docu series on Netflix that’s a few years old now called The Toys That Made Us. There’s a really interesting episode on the Star Wars toys if you haven’t already seen.

Edit - Awww, that’s quite a funny scene to imagine. Little Thanos practicing his imaginary lightsaber maneuvers. I can remember feeling dizzy, like I was going to fall into the screen when the epic crawl started at the beginning of every movie. Yes, the order of release was IV, V, VI, I, II, III, VII, VIII, and soon to be IX.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

Ready to fight me, lettuce and friends? Let’s do it!
Round Two!
Eat!!

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic