Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 35,041 to 35,060 of 96,538

Eel

“Let’s go visit our family in (city) for a few days while we are on vacation!”

>news come out that the place is a bit of a cartel war zone right now

“Then again the weather here in (other city) is lovely right now, we can visit some other time!”

😬 maybe next week?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee On a side note: how the heck could you NOT know about the Metal Slug games being on Switch? The ACA games have been a thing for quite a while now, and they're pretty well documented on NLife, with plenty of individual reviews and such.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx What's not potentially controversial these days? Toxicity and online comments are like bread and butter at this point. They are basically expected to be together.

I understand though, sometimes I just need to stop reading them altogether. I've completely abandoned sites like Facebook and Reddit as they feel like nothing but toxic comments and arguments.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Maybe Nintendo hired some of the Amazon and Facebook people so they can keep better tabs on you. It’s high tech customer service. They’re just reading your mind so they can give you what you want. Midsommar is a horror/thriller by the Hereditary director, Ari Aster. It recently came to video, so it’s not streaming yet. Gotta get it the old fashioned way in physical form. I haven’t seen it, but I think it’s the only movie I’ve mentioned here in the last day or so.

@ThanosReXXX - I think beatings should be much more commonplace. It’s fine. They make a person strong and build character. I caught a lot of beatings. A lot. No idea why I didn’t know about the MS games on Switch. I follow the site, read most of the reviews, and check the eShop nearly every time I fire up the Switch, haha! It’s like a black hole in my memory.

I’m a huge Neo Geo fan, and I can honestly say that if these were the dry days of the WiiU, I’d probably have every single ACA release. I think they’re wonderful presentations of classic games. My retro gaming has definitely taken a hit this generation though, with so many games releasing on Switch every week; I guess I’ve fallen off the retro wagon a bit.

@Heavyarms55 - Ice cream? I’d like to think we can all agree it’s amazing. Who knows though, we’re probably at a point in time where someone would just have to have a scorching hot take about it for the sake of being a dissenting edge lord, even if they actually love it.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Well, in general, I'm no fan of beating people to "correct" them or "teach" them the error of their ways, let alone parents doing that to their children, but what with all the constant negativity and single-mindedness of some of these idiots, and all of the insulting and discrediting of others on top of that, I'd more than gladly make a HUGE exception...

EDIT:
And I can imagine your whole missing the retro games thing. You may not even be alone in that, so you're forgiven...

I personally didn't miss any of them, but then again, I always keep one eye on anything that even remotely resembles a VC initiative on a Nintendo platform, so even in the face of SO many games being released each month, I'll still pick up on them being featured here and there.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Thanks, I am a bit embarrassed I didn’t know they’re on Switch. I may have to grab MS next time I’m on. Adult beating only. It’s good for perspective. I try not to judge other parents, but I wouldn’t lay hands on my kids. It would make them feel small and powerless and teaches rage.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Heavyarms55

@bimmy-lee Oh I saw a whole swath of people throwing a fit because some American ice cream company backed a politician back in 2016.

bimmy-lee

@Heavyarms55 - Boom, we’ve politicized ice cream. Of course we did. I wish I was a bird. I heard a quick aside on the radio today that hornets in Japan can be as big as a golf ball, and inject a skin dissolving, acid like substance which attracts other hornets in the vicinity so they can swarm and kill. Be careful dude.

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

I think the core is that it’s “not ok” to just different points of view anymore. Everyone is in such a rush to say something, no one listens. It’s like the middle school game where one person says a word, then someone says it a little louder next. The only difference is now everyone starts on 11, and everyone’s eardrums are blown speakers, so you just hear garbled crackling bass instead of lyrics.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee ...From what I did bother reading, you've summarized it pretty well. XD

@ThanosReXXX, @bimmy-lee For the most part I'm against censorship in games, though typically (not with the article in question - more on that in a moment) the fuss is over something that I'd call insignificant in the grand scheme of the game. I can kind of understand some (key word) of the clothing edits, but just swapping some certain rear shots for voids seems stupid and very obvious. (I don't personally care for stuff like this, but crappy censorship is crappy censorship)

The main sticking point for me is the actual dungeon concept change that I've read about part of the way through. That's some pretty blatant butchery and DOES make some significant changes to the game.

@Heavyarms55 It's gotten to the point where I don't normally bother with some comment sections on the main site, depending on the article. For example, the SW/SH whiners; as I've stated elsewhere, some of their concerns are valid, but people are whining and hating on a game that they haven't even played yet. Here I am in my corner getting more and more hyped as we get closer to launch, and yet I don't feel like I can properly express my opinions and general optimism in a lot of web spaces these days.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx I agree about 140% with what you said about Sw/Sh. It's impossible to have any positive conversations about it.

@bimmy-lee I don't know about the dissolving acid parts, but yes, Japanese hornets can be bloody massive and are, frankly, terrifying. Thankfully the big ones are also quite rare. Big bees and smaller hornets are still pretty common, but also loud and rather easy to avoid. Speaking of loud though, Japanese cicadas are mind blowingly noisy! They tend to drown out every other animal noise and sometimes even passing cars!

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - I didn’t read a word of what you said, but let me tell you why you’re WRONG. Nah man, you nailed it. Just get your take out as fast and loud as possible whether you believe it or not, and then die defending it.

@Tyranexx - I didn’t read the article, but it sounds like some real butchery. I’m not a naked fairy game player, but I think people that like them should play them as they were intended. It’s probably hypocritical, but I probably get the least riled up about video game censorship, but I still don’t agree with it. Ratings exist. Slap an appropriate rating on it, let adults play what they want to play, and leave the rest up to parents to be... parents. We’re not doing this right though. LOUD NOISES!

I really feel for you and all reasonable Pokémon fans. There’s just no way you can have an ounce of positivity about Sw/Sh around here, a game that hasn’t even been released! It’s disgusting. It’s like 90% of the Pokémon “fans” in the comments actually just hate Pokémon games. That article about the wild area today was really interesting. It sounds really cool to just explore a big area, meet NPCs, and capture wild Pokémon just running around, but nope. There are people that show up in every Sw/Sh article I’ve read to spew their uninformed nonsense. The game hasn’t released! Good lord.

@Heavyarms55 - Glad they’re rare because they sound horrifying. You’re from MI, the cicadas in Japan are even louder than the drone of our Midwest locust and cicadas? Goodness gracious. We have cicada killers around here. They’re massive, aggressive, and sound like a helicopter when they buzz by.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

Heavyarms55

@bimmy-lee Yeah, at least louder than the ones in the Detroit/Ann Arbor/South-East Michigan area. I'd say they are easily twice as loud as any I heard growing up. There have been times where the students couldn't follow us in class because they couldn't hear us explaining the lesson - because the window was open and the cicadas were doing their thing.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee didn't realize the metal slug games are so short. Beat it in about 45-60 min. Nice little time for $4 bucks though.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

NotTelevision

@NintendoByNature Which Metal Slug did you play? I loved the character sprites and animations for those games. Still impressive today I reckon.

NotTelevision

bimmy-lee

@Heavyarms55 - That’s crazy. I’d like to hear it. I love the sound of them all singing in unison. They start late summer here, and they’re an early sign that fall is coming soon. Love it.

@NintendoByNature - Oh yeah, MS games are classic arcade quarter gobblers. Short but sweet. The cabinets always had the difficulty tuned up. Would have cost you $15-20 to see the ending on your first playthrough back in the day. They’re more about refining your skill and knowledge of the game through repeated play. I’ve always had a couple of them on my console since the Wii for some quick fun. At least the ACA package gives you leaderboards and different challenges to keep coming back. Just about bought it tonight, but there were quite a few ACA titles on sale, and I held off to see which one I want. It’ll probably be MS though.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Heavyarms55

@bimmy-lee It's about midsummer here. It's not the same, but I am certain you can find clips on YouTube.

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee Agreed on why we have a rating system to begin with; there's a reason we have one, after all.

I sigh mentally every time I see a SW/SH article these days. Many of them are informative and interesting! While I can't say I like every single aspect that I've seen/heard about the twin games, they aren't even out yet. I'm not gonna whine and cry about the state of something that I haven't even played.

I should start bringing more cheese into those articles. It'll go good with all of the "whine". XD

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Joe-b

@NotTelevision if Nintendo would just throw out a quick "yes we're working on it." That would be fine.

Joe-b

BruceCM

Well, they're talking about what has been revealed or shown, @Tyranexx .... Never got into Pokemon, so I won't be getting either myself Most of the people complaining will still get one of those, though!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic