Forums

Topic: Metroid: Samus Returns

Posts 141 to 160 of 716

AsianDomination

The game looks great and I hope it has surprises like zero mission had, I expect metroid 2 as an unlockable. The game looks like a decent challenge too, at least harder than zm.

AsianDomination

rockman_zero

had hopes for this game til i saw that mercurysteam worked on game good bye metroid u had a nice run til prime series other m federation force and now this game ruined u completely...looks like ill go play am2r since thats is better than mercurysteams version

Edited on by rockman_zero

rockman_zero

rockman_zero

@JaxonH if anyone should been doin samus returns it shoulda been wayforward

rockman_zero

JaxonH

@rockman_zero
Um, I like Wayforward, but they've had zero experience making a game like this (and that Mummy Demastered isnt proof they can handle Metroid, we don't even know if that game is good yet), and I wouldn't trust them with Metroid at all. Lots of talented developers out there, but they have certain games they specialize in. I actually heard people saying they wanted Platinum Games to be making Metroid... Platinum. Now look, they're terrific, but you might as well be handing it off to the Call of Duty team at that point. P* Games doesn't make games like this, cause they know what they're good at and what they're not.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MarcelRguez

@AsianDomination Metroid II won't be an unlockable in the game. I think it's been explicitely stated, even. On top of that, the European special edition included an eShop code for Metroid II. It wouldn't make any sense to include that code if the original version was included in the remake.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

JaxonH

@rockman_zero
had hopes for this game til i saw that mercurysteam worked on game good bye metroid u had a nice run til prime series other m federation force and now this game ruined u completely...looks like ill go play am2r since thats is better than mercurysteams version

And with all due respect, that's pretty ignorant. Mercury Steam is not a bad developer by any means. Idk where you got this idea from but they're actually respectable. More importantly, it's a remake. Even a bad developer can make a good remake. Moreover, the game development is being led by long time Metroid producer. And even more importantly, the game looks freaking fantastic. Beyond fantastic. The game looks epic!

If you can't look at this game and see it for what it is (perhaps the most incredible looking 2D Metroid ever conceived), I have to question whether you've actually ever played Metroid. Cause anyone who's played Metroid knows what a good Metroid game looks like, and this is most definitely it.

Again, no disrespect but it kinda needs to be said. Writing off an excellent looking game because it didn't have some star developer behind it... remakes don't need star developers. They just need good source material and veteran producer. All that said, the melee counter (which is probably the coolest addition to Metroid I've seen since the days of Prime) actually came from Mercury Steam, your so called "horrible developer". That horrible developer is responsible for one of the coolest additions to the series in 15 years.

And it also needs to be said that Samus Returns makes AM2R look like amateur hour. I'm beginning to wonder if you've actually seen this new game

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

RR529

@JaxonH, on the topic of WayForward, the first few Shantae games are "Metroidvania" in structure (though they've been becoming more linear as of late). Also, I believe they did an Alien game on the DS in the style as well (which I remember Nintendo Power liking, though I haven't ever heard any one here talking about it in terms of their favorite/memorable DS games).

Not saying that they would have done better or worse than MercurySteam, but I think either or could do it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JaxonH

@rockman_zero
They did handle Castlvania, which was a pretty decent game. I played it. Not it's not gonna win any GotY awards, but neither is anything Wayforward does. It's extremely difficult creating a brand new game from scratch.

But if you're referring to Wayforward doing a remake, sure, as I said anyone can do a remake under the proper guidance. But I doubt it would've looked much different than it does because remakes have to remake the source material and there's only so many ways you can deviate from that. But honestly I can't imagine this game looking any better than it does- had any other developer made this game we wouldn't have seen that melee counter, which right off the bat would've made it not as good.

Spoony_Tech

I always thought Image and Form could do a good job with Metroid. A solid 2d one though. The 2.5d one we are getting is beyond what I could've imagined. Really happy MercurySteam is doing this!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Guys, this Metroid is going to be available for the old 3ds and 2ds?? I just bought one 2ds and I love the franchise so much!

Henmii

@Spoony_Tech,

Yeah I have Mirror of fate and thought it was a pretty fun game. And also good graphics and lovely 3D.

As for the Metroid game: Maybe they will do a e-shop demo 1 or 2 weeks before release.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

blaisedinsd

Is there a video available where you can see this in native resolution with the 3D effect on an actual 3DS?

What's it called? I thought I heard there was one but when I checked the eshop last I only saw game trailer that was identical to the launch trailer from the tree house stream. That shows a picture of the 3DS system with 2D graphics displayed on a simulated screen.

SW-7087-5868-6390

roy130390

@blaisedinsd Hey, this is off topic but, do you happen to be also an IGN member? Did you have the same profile picture there?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

MarcelRguez

@blaisedinsd There is, and it's only available on the American eShop. Unless they've taken it down already, it should be in there somewhere.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

blaisedinsd

@roy130390 Not on IGN, don't recall where I grabbed the image from.

@MarcelRguesz I have access to the american eshop. Maybe I have to make a NNID on my console for it to show up properly or something.

SW-7087-5868-6390

roy130390

@blaisedinsd Oh, sorry for the confusion. There was an IGN user who had a similar username and the same profile picture you have know. We discussed about Skyrim and Dark Souls and I ended up convincing him about trying Dark Souls. Anyway, going back to topic, the video is there but you have to download it and yeah, the 3D does look amazing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic