Forums

Topic: Metroid: Samus Returns

Posts 161 to 180 of 716

Tyranexx

Meowpheel wrote:

All I see is Samus talking to Samus and Samus.

You mean X parasites are invading this thread?

As basic as Metroid II is compared to the other 2D entries, I quite enjoyed it. Enough to give the other games a try, anyway. I haven't regretted a thing.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

roy130390

Game Informer shares their first impressions with the game. From what they said, it seems the melee counter is easy to do and there's an ability that allows the player to see hidden passages when used, and it's recharged by killing enemies so the player doesn't seem to be short of energy to use it at any point. That being said, keep in mind that regardless of the approach of the game, even if it's focused on least experienced players, this abilities aren't mandatory for you to use, and that these are only the first impression since they didn't have much time with the game. Personally, I don't like the casual approach (for the lack of a better word) but it's understandable (and kinda expected) that they are trying to get to new players while also appealing to the old fan base. In the end, all that matters to me is to have a fun game that does justice to the Metroid series even if it sacrifices some of it's difficulty, specially if it's optional since those abilities aren't automatic and we can choose to play in a more... faithful way to the original.

That being said, I'm kinda expecting Nintendo to do remakes of the least popular entries in their famous series, jut like with Echoes and this one if it goes well and in my case, I would be happy about it.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

TuVictus

I'm okay with them adding in optional things. It's when they do stuff like make the whole game chibified like FF in an attempt to appeal to the "aww so cute!" kids/parents that I get annoyed. Or, in other words, it's better when they don't go out of their way to make games look or play easier for kids, and instead offer helpful tools for more inexperienced players that don't intrude on the more experienced fan's enjoyment of the game.

The FF example probably isn't a good one, but it was off the top of my head.

TuVictus

roy130390

@Operative2-0 I agree. Personally, I think Federation Force is a good game regardless of that but the aesthetics definitely damaged it way more than they expected it since Metroid's atmosphere is fundamental, and I can see how many fans would be turned down to the point of not trying it.

I just would have liked that they didn't preach hate on it on every video they found about it and bash aspects they didn't even experience or had little knowledge about. If they would have let it be and reflected their opinion with their wallets and constructive opinions instead of the " lol this game suks m8 only dumb people that don't know metroid would support it, cancel this piece of poop!" they wouldn't have given such a bad impression as a fan base. Of course there were many exceptions and this kind of behaviour can be found on any fan base, but still somehow I feel Metroid's fanbase really tried hard to show they were a step above. That's just my opinion on the matter though, and I probably felt that way because I coexist more with them since we share a common passion.

Edited on by roy130390

MarcelRguez

Content of the European Limited Edition:

Untitled

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

meleebrawler

I'm saying it again: they're making Samus's visor look way too much like Dark Samus's.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Spoony_Tech

MarcelRguez wrote:

Content of the European Limited Edition:

Untitled

So jelly! I want that now!

Also stupid ignore function. I ignored you by accident and had to figure out how to get this post back lol

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Pokefanmum82

Yeah that's nice. All the US gets is the soundtrack. I want that steelbook case.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Eel

I don't really like the steelbox that much, looks all weird and out of proportion.

The insignia and keychain are nice though.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MarcelRguez

@meleebrawler That's the plot twist. Metroid timeline: Dark Samus is defeated in Corruption vs Dark Samus wins and tries to pass herself as Samus.

No idea why she's on SR388 killing her own kin, but whatever

@Spoony_Tech I ignored someone on accident not that long ago too, no worries.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

JaxonH

I thought I was gonna need the steel book but no, I don't. I do, however, need that art book. Maybe the steel book would be nice also.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

roy130390

MarcelRguez wrote:

@meleebrawler That's the plot twist. Metroid timeline: Dark Samus is defeated in Corruption vs Dark Samus wins and tries to pass herself as Samus.

No idea why she's on SR388 killing her own kin, but whatever

@Spoony_Tech I ignored someone on accident not that long ago too, no worries.

She likes to feel unique.

Tyranexx

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

Yeah that's nice. All the US gets is the soundtrack. I want that steelbook case.

If North America had gotten this, I would have actually preordered it. Instead, I'll just mention Samus Returns to anyone who wants to get me a birthday gift.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

TuVictus

I really can't wait for this to come out

TuVictus

Tyranexx

Never have I wanted my birthday to come faster.

maruse

This game alone is seriously making me thinking about selling my old PS Vita and using that money to buy a New 2DS XL... seriously...

Nickname/user name: マノロ

Switch Friend Code: SW-0173-2422-2348 | Nintendo Network ID: maruse

Spoony_Tech

@maruse And yet so many are talking about that 3d?!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic