Forums

Topic: How long until the 3ds dies?

Posts 281 to 300 of 396

Ninfan

Anti-Matter wrote:

3DS is NOT dead for me.
It's time to add more Japanese 3DS exclusives to expand my games library. 😀

@Anti-Matter Japanese exclusives, that sounds good what games would the Japanese exclusives games be?

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
So many.
24 titles at least.
On my list, mostly my Japanese 3DS games are from Nippon Columbia games such as Pika Pika Nurse Monogatari, Wannyan Pets Shop, JS Girls Cake Shop Monogatari, Sumikko Gurashi games, etc.
Also, some girlie games such as AKB48 + Me, Miracle Tunes, etc.
Almost all of Japanese 3DS games on my list are Girlie games.

I guess you will frowning your face to see very unusual titles i have mentioned.
My gaming taste is absolutely different with majority users here.

Anti-Matter

Ninfan

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Ninfan
So many.
24 titles at least.
On my list, mostly my Japanese 3DS games are from Nippon Columbia games such as Pika Pika Nurse Monogatari, Wannyan Pets Shop, JS Girls Cake Shop Monogatari, Sumikko Gurashi games, etc.
Also, some girlie games such as AKB48 + Me, Miracle Tunes, etc.
Almost all of Japanese 3DS games on my list are Girlie games.

I guess you will frowning your face to see very unusual titles i have mentioned.
My gaming taste is absolutely different with majority users here.

@Anti-Matter so you don't buy all of the japan only games. where could I buy all of them?" pika pika" is that Latin for magpie

Ninfan

LuigiTheGreenFire

The New Nintendo 2DS XL is currently the only model, and it's getting more difficult to find brand new. We've only gotten a handful of minor games on the eShop in the past six months. The 3DS is discontinued in all but an official announcement by Nintendo. The eShop will likely stay open in most major markets until at least 2022, if not 2023.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

Ninfan

didn't Nintendo say they would have 2 consoles..

Ninfan

MarcusIsCool

Ninfan wrote:

didn't Nintendo say they would have 2 consoles..

They did.

I like games and I know computer programming

AndyD

Is the eshop still working at the moment? Looking to pick a 2dsxl back up to play the etrian games and other rpgs I never finished. Walmart had it for $99

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

MS7000

@AndyD The eShop is still up on 3DS. If you live in Central or South America (except Mexico and Brazil), the 3DS eShop will close on 31st July, but until then it is still available. As far as I know, they are no plans currently to close the eShop anywhere else beyond 31st July.

Since your profile says you live in USA, yes, the eShop is still available and will continue to be until Nintendo says otherwise. Happy gaming!

Now, I am going to go back to my own "dead" console and play Bowser's Inside Story.

EDIT: Added link for detailed list of areas closing 31st July 2020.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a...

Edited on by MS7000

Signature, huh? Where do I sign?

Dirk0342

Where I live you can sometimes still buy a 2DS XL in a toy store but there are no games to be found for it anymore. You really need to go to shops that specializes in videogames or second hand products. The Eshop is still functional but you would think now would be a perfect time to get your hands on the system for cheap and get some games for cheap.

It's sad really but expected, since everything physical gaming related started to have a smaller presence in stores here. Most people buy these copies on the internet, physical and digital.

I still love mine 2DS XL and tried to get most games I am interested in before this happend. Last thing I finished few months back was Bravely Default and I might start a playthrough of Bravely Second soon. My 2DS XL will still see hundreds of hours playtime before I put it away.

Dirk0342

Jarester

TheLightSpirit wrote:

Here in Ireland you can still buy a 3DS from some local stores but they're rare and more than likely you'll have to shop online for one unless ofc you're willing to make do with a second hand one. The 3DS may be at the end of it console life cycle but I don't think it's going to die as such anytime soon considering its popularity still, well at least for now.

it means it's dead if they dont sell new consoles anymore though...

Jarester

Tyranexx

How long until the 3DS dies? Depending on the model, game in use, whether the 3D effect is on, wireless running, etc., usually anywhere from 3-5 hours.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Zeldafan79

How long until we all die from this Covid BS? I don't know about you guys but I'm getting off this planet! Just as soon as somebody invents a real working Tie fighter that is!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

NintendoWiiDS

My question doesn’t fit into this thread perfectly, but it’s relevant all the same.

As you probably know, Nintendo hasn’t released a game for the 3DS in over a year and their support of the dedicated handheld has concluded. This is due to first-party titles such as the Bowser’s Inside Story remake performing terribly financially.

However, a rumour surfaced last year that Nintendo had more 3DS games in development such as a New Style Boutique sequel and a new Fire Emblem remake, but they scrapped them upon discovering the sales figures of recent releases.

I’m rather curious now: what do you think some of these other undisclosed titles were and how long do you think Nintendo would have continued 3DS support if the BIS remake and others performed decently?

NintendoWiiDS

iLikeUrAttitude

@NintendoWiiDS If the other remakes and ports of the 3ds were to perform decently I'm still pretty sure that Nintendo would focus on the switch almost exclusive. At most just a few more games would've been ported to the console imo.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

vacooinffo

It will work forever if we know how to build it.

vacooinffo

Anti-Matter

Phew...
I have collected four 3DS XL machines in 3 different regions.
So i can keep continue hunting the games.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic