Forums

Topic: How long until the 3ds dies?

Posts 261 to 280 of 396

Anti-Matter

@iLikeUrAttitude
The System will be called dead if they cannot be played anymore (broken)
They just changed their status from New Entry become Retro.
Peoples still play Retro games until today, including me.

Anti-Matter

iLikeUrAttitude

@Anti-Matter By that logic every console isn't dead.
Of course you can go and continue playing the 3ds (just like with any console).
But when a console is getting no support its considered dead.
The 3ds had had no new games over the past years and no mentions in directs or E3. Thats why it's considered dying. When production of the 3ds ends it can be considered dead for good.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

iLikeUrAttitude

@SyFyTy The fact that you compared a human life with a console shows that you have no idea what you're talking about. That was possibly the worst comparison I have ever seen.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Zeldafan79

If game systems shouldn't be compared to a human life than maybe we should stop using the word dead. It's an inanimate object for crying out loud! It was never alive to begin with.

You wanna stuff old systems in the closet or pawn them or whatever be my guest but you can't kill a console unless it literally won't power on anymore.

My original Nes still works and i played it yesterday so na na na boo boo on all of you!šŸ˜œ

Edited on by Zeldafan79

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

iLikeUrAttitude

@Zeldafan79 Nice strawman but we use terms like life and dead for consoles(and other inanimate objects) to determine how long they'll last, the current state of them, how much support is it getting etc.
Comparing a human life to a console like it has the same value is just plain stupid.The person above acted like someone would unplug their Grandmas life support because she was on the edge of dying...

Yes your NES is alive in the sense that you can turn it on and off but seeing how it has no new games coming for it, production stopping decades ago and common sense we can determine that the console is in fact dead because support has been dropped for a while now.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Zeldafan79

@iLikeUrAttitude
No the Nes is not dead! It just became part of gaming history. If it were dead nobody would still be talking about it today. Much like any other system that made enough of an impact to be remembered. Quite similar i might add to one of these human lives that even after dead could leave their mark on the world and be remembered. Especially if they acomplished something important or effected anothers life in any significant way. A thing that game systems can also do btw including the 3DS which by now i think it has.

Edited on by Zeldafan79

GuruOfGreatness

I'm still holding out hope they keep it on store shelves and on their online shop officially until at least February 2021 so it hits the 10 year mark

They could then even milk that by releasing some sort of limited 10 year anniversary edition.

At the end of the day if it still makes them a tidy little profit for very little effort now, why would they stop selling it?

GuruOfGreatness

MarcusIsCool

@GuruOfGreatness

Right. I donā€™t see why a console should Be eliminated, especially when people enjoy it. Maybe Iā€™m wrong about everything I said, maybe there something Iā€™m not seeing, but the Switch is too big for a portable. I like the ā€œsmallerā€ feel of the 3DS. Also if you took notice, the 3DS is lacking in FPS games. Thereā€™s a lot of potential there.

Itā€™s packed with great games though. However, there could always be more of a variety of games. The Switch has been doing great with the variety of games front IMO.

I like games and I know computer programming

iLikeUrAttitude

@MarcusIsCool From a business standpoint it would be wise to focus more on the switch.
A more powerful console especially compared to the 3ds has a lot less limitations in hardware and leaves for room for development. Another reason being that the switch is selling so well and the 3ds sales have been declining for a while now. So much in fact that some games have cancelled development for it.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Anti-Matter

@MarcusIsCool
"the 3DS is lacking in FPS games"

But that's a Benefit for me. šŸ˜€
3DS has a lot of casual, cute and girlie games, just like i want.
I don't even care with FPS games, never like that genre except Metroid Prime Federation Force (the only Nintendo shooting game i allowed).

Anti-Matter

iLikeUrAttitude

I would like to point out that the 3DS just turned 9 years old today...
Time sure flies, especially for a handheld that refused to die all this time

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

gcunit

There are few people on this world whose death I would mourn more than the death of one of my consoles.

Why the hell shouldn't people compare consoles to people? People are ****s; consoles just give love and joy unconditionally (provided you feed it with Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£s each month).

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Zeldafan79

Nine years is a long time but i doubt by allowing the 3DS to exist well past it's expiration date the switch is being hurt in any way. It's doing just fine and making 3DS officially dead isn't going to suddenly make a difference with Nintendo's current system. Do you think killing it will open the door for a 3DS successor?
What do you think the switch is?

It's sad to say but I'm pretty sure that's it for Nintendo and dedicated handhelds. No kid in todays world is gonna want a Nintendo made portable device when they'd just as soon play games on their mypods or phones or whatever.

Zeldafan79

@Zuljaras
Yeah and if you get in an argument with your consoles like when a game is kicking your ass you can just turn it off and play with it later. It will still be there for you after you calm down and resolve your spat.
People are awful. All those hang ups and emotional baggage. Count me out!

BinaryMessiah

The system has stopped receiving any support and is "dead". It's just obvious. Everything says it is outside of an official discontinuation announcement from Nintendo. GameStop removed all 3DS games from the shelves months ago, most other stores only carry a half dozen of the newest 3DS titles and that's about it. I doubt we will get another 3DS or handheld iteration since the Switch Lite pretty much replaces that. I think the Switch will be Nintendo's only system for a while and this might mark the official death of the dedicated handheld which is super sad. I grew up on handhelds. I love the Switch Lite and how much it just feels like a dedicated handheld.

Edited on by BinaryMessiah

BinaryMessiah

Nintendo Network ID: ivory_soul | Twitter:

gcunit

I finally got Twilight Menu++ working properly on my N3DS this last week. It's the dream. Once I upgrade the micro SD card from its current 64gb one I'm gonna have so many sweet sweet games I can carry round in my pocket.

3DS will never die.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Cotillion

Yeah, it's dead.

But.....I've been playing mine a lot the last week or so. Replaying games I haven't played in a long while like Zelda ALBW and Samus Returns. I think I might get into Bravely Default after, I never got around to it before.
The 3DS might be dead, but I love it. I forgot how much I really love the 3D effect and wish the Switch had the option too.

Cotillion

Andee

My 3DS (which I recently swapped out for a N2DS) has been having something of a renaissance lately ā€” the sheer volume of games on it, plus the back catalogue of backward-compatible DS games will keep my interest for years to come

Andee

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic