Forums

Topic: How long until the 3ds dies?

Posts 301 to 320 of 396

Zeldafan79

Game systems are only dead if you stop playing them. My Nes and snes are definitely very much alive and they haven't had new games in decades. I play them almost daily even still. You know what they say. A true classic never goes out of style!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Tasuki

On a full charge I can usually get a few hours of gaming in, of course I don't have the 3D effect on because of my eyes.

I have heard that it depends on the game, if you play in 3D mode and how long for the battery to be drained but I don't remember actual lengths of time.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Maximumbeans

I think it's fair to say that it's dead in the corporate sense, not being actively promoted and marketed for. In the fan sense, though? It has years and years ahead of it. I love the 3DS community. The modding, fan hacking, discussion, the fact that many people still prefer it to the Switch.
Gaming moves at a blistering pace these days, often too quickly. Let's enjoy whatever we want for as long as we want to.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

MarcusIsCool

@Maximumbeans same thoughts. I hope we can enjoy this console in the future and replay value doesn’t become an obstacle.

I like games and I know computer programming

Maximumbeans

@MarcusIsCool Hopefully when certain services are shut down we can rely on the homebrew scene to unofficially keep them going!

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

Odins_Right_Eye

I have a great plan. The 3ds eShop is going down sometime next year. I just turned old enough to get a job where im from last month. So heres my plan. Im going to buy most of the old dsiware games and put them on an sd card. I will then sell said sd card in 5-10 years and become a millionare

Odins_Right_Eye

Anti-Matter

Odins_Right_Eye wrote:

I have a great plan. The 3ds eShop is going down sometime next year. I just turned old enough to get a job where im from last month. So heres my plan. Im going to buy most of the old dsiware games and put them on an sd card. I will then sell said sd card in 5-10 years and become a millionare

It will not happened.
And selling a pirated NDSi softwares in SD Card is a crime.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Odins_Right_Eye
DSi ware games are no longer available anymore from eshop and you said you want to sell DSi wares in SD card.
It called piracy and it's a crime to sell DSi wares in SD card.

Anti-Matter

Odins_Right_Eye

@Anti-Matter Pokemon emerald is no longer being made. It's not a crime to sell that secondhand. It's not piracy if you got the software legally

Odins_Right_Eye

Eel

If you wanted to hoard DSiWare games to sell them in the future, you'd need to sell the entire 3DS console, since 3DS digital purchases tied to the console.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Odins_Right_Eye
There is a difference between second hand product and repro product.
Second hand product is still a legit copy of old game.
Repro product is an unofficial product (counterfeit) that made by unauthorized peoples.
Selling a genuine NDS cartridge (for example) is legal.
But selling a pirated DSi wares in SD Card (Not a legit copy from Nintendo) is a crime.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Odins_Right_Eye
Yeah, I know.
I have purchased 1 DSi game from 3DS eshop (Animal Boxing) long time ago.

Anti-Matter

Maximumbeans

@Odins_Right_Eye I don't really have a stake in this conversation but for what it's worth, Anti-Matter is right. Selling them on a cartridge would count as a repro and be illegal. I don't say this as a purist, I say it as a reminder to just be careful. This is Nintendo we're talking about, after all.

iLikeUrAttitude

Well it's only been 5 months so I can still post here.

It's real impressive even now the 3ds is getting games somehow.
Last year on December an indie dev released their game 'Moonbound' on the system and according to them its selling decently well.

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/game-developers/moonbound...

So maybe theres still a pulse on the console after all if people still want to release games on it.

Edited on by iLikeUrAttitude

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic