Forums

Topic: General 3DS Games Topic

Posts 221 to 240 of 313

MarioVillager92

@Ralizah @Tyranexx I never got WarioWare Gold but I've been thinking of getting it from the eShop. I've played some of the WarioWare games (specifically Mega Microgames, Touched, and Twisted) and they're pretty fun. The other game I'd like to get is Kirby: Planet Robobot, I heard it's pretty much the best one out of all the Kirby games from the past decade. Been kind of in a 3DS mood lately, especially after revisiting Animal Crossing: New Leaf!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Tyranexx

@MarioLover92 I highly recommend WarioWare Gold, especially if (like me), you haven't played all the WarioWare titles! Some of it felt very new, and it's the perfect game to cram in a quick session or two with.

I own Kirby: Planet Robobot, but I'm ashamed to admit it's still backlogged. XD I'm a relatively new Kirby fan and have so far only played Kirby: Superstar on the SNES Classic and Kirby's Adventure via the Wii U VC.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Ralizah

@Tyranexx I'm not sure what the "gamer" mode equivalent is here (I played a Warioware game on the Wii more than a decade ago, but that's the fully extent of my previous experience with the series), but I'm having a lot of fun with it. SO much optional stuff to see and do. It's pretty much the ideal pick-up-and-play experience. I could see myself dipping in and out of it for quite a while.

@MarioLover92 I'm not a Kirby fan at all, and think most of the games I've played in that series are mediocre at best (and haven't even bothered with Star Allies, frankly), but Planet Robobot is one of the better games on the system. Also one of the prettiest: the 3D implementation in Robobot is especially good. And the final boss is extremely cool. It's a solid platformer all-around.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Anti-Matter

I still keep playing Yokai Watch 3 Tempura, still a lot of things to do such from getting more Yokai, finishing the subquests, leveling up my teams, etc.
At this point, even i cannot get Yokai Watch 3 English version in physical, but I'm already content with Japanese version.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Ralizah "Pick-up-and-play" is a description that perfectly nails how I was trying to describe the WarioWare experience in my previous post. The series is perfect (and addictive!) for handheld play.

I'd forgotten that the name of the mode is changed to "Sneaky Gamer" in WarioWare Gold. You play microgames as 9-Volt after bedtime while simultaneously avoiding detection from 5-Volt (his mother). She gets theatrically aggressive in higher difficulties. It's perfectly relatable if you ever tried to sneak in some gaming after bed as a kid.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Eel

The only thing I don’t like about Gold is that the souvenirs section is littered with way too many useless phone numbers, character cards, and images of things, that mostly just prevent you from getting the things you’ll actually want, like the music and mini games.

They tried to recapture the sheer amount of souvenirs Twisted had, but forgot that we liked those because they were all interactive and weird.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

@Eel The phone numbers would be better if the text didn't scroll SOOOOO slowly.

Do you actually do anything with the character cards? They mention levels and stats and whatnot, like the character cards you use in the JRPG in Danganronpa S, which made me think maybe they're attached to a game or something.

Eel

I think there's a mode that uses them? I've never played it myself. Still, they're so many, they get in the way of collecting the other stuff.

And yes, the text scrolls super slow, which weird because the series always had the "press R to scroll faster" option since the first game.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx All righty cool, I'll get them later on then! I've played a good amount of Kirby games but I feel that the older ones are quite a bit better than stuff like Triple Deluxe and especially Star Allies. (Yeah, kind of an unpopular opinion in regards to Triple Deluxe, the game's all right but it felt too...generic for my liking. I'm sure I'll like Planet Robobot more.)

@Ralizah Yeah, I don't recommend Star Allies at all then. I heard that its post-launch content is pretty good but it didn't leave that great of a first impression on me. It's insanely easy, even for a Kirby game - you could like, have 3 CPU allies helping you out and you wouldn't need to do much to beat bosses. At least the music is awesome, but yeah...that's about all it has going for it.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

fighting_game_player

I've got a question to ask. I want to buy Fire Emblem: Awakening on 3DS but all I find is "Fire Emblem: Awakening - World Edition". There are various sellers and it's an "Amazon's choice" but I still have my doubts about it. Is this an official release or some sort of scam? I wanted to know if anyone here has had dealings with any sort of "World Edition" game before. Would this work on a 3DS in the US region?

I'll leave a link below. I appreciate anyone who could help with this matter. If it is indeed a scam then I just might buy it digitally although I would like to have the game card. Link: https://www.amazon.com/3DS-Fire-Emblem-Awakening-World-Ninten...

Edited on by fighting_game_player

"as I roll along I begin to find.. things aren't always just what they seem.."

Twitter:

Tyranexx

@MarioLover92 I went with Planet Robobot over Triple Deluxe mainly because the feedback for the former was better. I wasn't on a Kirby-themed "Buy all da gamez" palooza, but I did want to try what were arguably the best games. Also, mechs are quite fun to pilot.

@Fujimoto-San Ironically, my copy of Kirby: Planet Robobot was a "World Edition" and was recognized by my system. They're NTSC and should work in a North American 3DS, though they're officially licensed for the UAE/Singapore/Malaysia/Saudi Arabia. It should work, though just to be sure I'd check seller feedback before committing.

I'm VERY glad that Nintendo no longer does any of that region locking nonsense. It has made collecting some 3DS games difficult.

Anti-Matter

@Fujimoto-San
Oh, that was English Asia version 3DS games. I have some 3DS games with that label. They are NTSC U games so it will be playable on USA 3DS machines. Some Wii U games also have that label too.
Even my Pearl White New 3DS XL is English Asia version.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Yeah that's good thinking! I guess I was a bit burnt out on Kirby by the time Planet Robobot came out. If only I got it then...that was a mistake. lol

Tyranexx

@MarioLover92 I haven't given much time to the game yet, so I'll let you know how it goes...when I do get around to it.

fighting_game_player

@Tyranexx Thanks. That's a good idea. I always check the reviews from various sellers before committing to an order as well as making sure it's fulfilled by Amazon themselves. I'm also quite relieved that Nintendo has seemly abandoned region locking some games. Do you happen to know what the default language in those games are? I mean will I have to change the language to English or is it the default option?

@Anti-Matter Good to know. I just wanted to make sure that it was authentic since I've been scammed in the past. It wasn't a pleasant experience I can tell you but due to that I've grown cautious so there's experience for you. I appreciate the assist. Thanks.

"as I roll along I begin to find.. things aren't always just what they seem.."

Twitter:

Tyranexx

@Fujimoto-San I habitually do my homework on online sellers before committing; by nature, I tend to err on the side of caution. I've thankfully had few issues, though I also don't buy as many items online as some.

As for the language...If I recall, the game is automatically set to the system's language as long as it's supported. English is used to some extent in the countries I named off, so I'd assume it's also an option.

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx All righty cool - once I get to getting and finishing Planet Robobot I'll state my thoughts as well.

Ralizah

@Tyranexx I just unlocked that Sneaky Gamer mode earlier today. It's surprisingly scary! Brilliant concept, though. It's probably my favorite extra mode in the game, as it offers a noticeably difference experience from the others.

Tyranexx

@MarioLover92 Looking forward to your feedback! You'll probably get around to it before I do.

@Ralizah That mode was by far my favorite thing in Game & Wario, and the way they translated that gameplay into WarioWare Gold is sublime. Minus some of the concoctions of 9-Volt's mind, the mode is also VERY relatable for many. XD

Maximumbeans

Hi! I'm finally giving Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology a run through, alongside Pokemon Crystal on the VC and finishing off a FE Shadows of Valentia run. Got a loooot of backlog to get through.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic