Forums

Topic: General 3DS Games Topic

Posts 201 to 220 of 313

gcunit

NintendoByNature wrote:

Problem is I bought... digital.

Untitled

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

NintendoByNature

The 3ds eshop is having a huge atlus sale. I dont even know where to start honestly. Etrian games, persona games, SMT games. I might grab one of them. Which of the SMT games should I try out for next years 5 release?

Or just any suggestions in general for those games

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Nephestinus

@NintendoByNature
If it's on sale, you have to grab yourself SMT 4 apocalypse and SMT Strange Journey - my favourite in the series.
Granted I haven't played a lot of SMT yet, the Persona Q games are also kinda fun but get boring real fast.

Nephestinus

Krull

@NintendoByNature I’ll second SMT IV Apocalypse. I’m 50hrs in, and absolutely love it.

We had that Atlus sale in the EU last month or so. I picked up Persona Q and Etrian Odyssey Nexus as well. Kind of regret not getting Radiant Historia too. But I haven’t touched anything but SMT IV Apocalypse so far. Fabulous game.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature Etrian Odyssey IV is absolutely the place to start for the EO series.

For SMT... IV: Apocalypse is more polished and beginner-friendly, but SMT IV will probably be tonally closer to SMT V. I say grab both games, if possible.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Tyranexx

This reminds me, I still need to play through Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology....I've heard the original DS game was one of the better JRPGs on the system.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Kezza64

Just finished my second playthrough of FE:Awakening after I beat it for the first time a couple years ago. What a great game this is!

Wii U: Brandan2002
3DS (you'll have to tell me you've added me): 4743-0497-9208
Switch: SW-1956-6705-0398

Cynas

@Tyranexx I'd recommend Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology for sure! It's a great JRPG with a unique combat system and has some top notch voice acting to boot. You certainly can't go wrong with 50% off.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Tyranexx

I started my first Mario & Luigi game this evening. It's the Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions remake. I'm only about 90 minutes in and already enjoying myself! The combat is a bit on the easy side for me (so far anyway), but the writing, premise, and characters are all top-notch. Fawful's speech pattern is quite entertaining, as is Peach's new...explosive dialogue. XD

@Cynas Actually, I already own the game. The mention of that Atlas sale jogged my memory that RH:PC is still waiting patiently in the wings for me to boot it up. XD Glad to read it's definitely worth the time!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I considered getting it on the Wii U VC as it would have been cheaper overall, but I also wanted the game in physical format and didn't mind giving the Bowser's Minions portion a try. Though I've read that it's best to balance out playing the latter of where you're at in the story vs. all at once. People seem to either love or hate the added content.

Anti-Matter

I continued my progress of Fantasy Life 3DS on New model as i have finished the game on Old model.
I have realized Fantasy Life save data was outside the cart as it has DLC that installed on 1 3DS machine.
I started over again on New 3DS machine and it was 6 years ago i have finished Fantasy Life on Old 3DS machine.

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

Well, I'm replaying Monster Hunter Stories. I got a few hours in and stopped before.

One thing confuses me, though: why do they speak the made up MH language in Stories 1, whereas they're very clearly speaking in English in the trailer for Stories 2? Very weird.

glaemay

@Ralizah Voice acting in videogames is always a matter of budget

glaemay

Tyranexx

I've found that trailers aren't always reflective of the final product. Though I suppose MHS 2, as mentioned above, may have more of a budget this time around. Are there any stats out there online that disclose how many copies Monster Hunter Stories sold worldwide? Especially now that its popularity has temporarily went up after the announcement of its sequel. Kinda glad I picked it up when I did as I'm sure the price has went up a bit now with the demand. I think I paid about $25 USD for a new copy off of Amazon.

Ralizah

So, with a new Warioware game coming to the Switch, I thought it was high time to finally play my copy of Warioware Gold on the 3DS. And...

...it's a lot of fun! This format still works out really well. While the games themselves are stupidly simple, they remain engaging thanks to the speed at which you have to complete them, and there's an addictive arcade quality to completing missions, achieving new high scores in individual sections, etc.

Just pray that they ditch the awful handwriting/kanji reproduction microgames in the new one, because, good god, those are stupidly annoying.

Tyranexx

WarioWare Gold really is worth it IMO, even if one has played many of the previous iterations of the series. Not only is it a worthy "Best Of" collection, but on top of that it also ships with a version of the "Gamer" mode from Game & Wario.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic