Forums

Topic: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Posts 821 to 840 of 875

Algus

It doesn't show it in the demo but the game gets a lot more complex as you go. Subclasses and the unlockables add a lot of fun strategy to the game. For me, the game just got better the further I got in. It doesn't really become a slog either until towards the end when you start dealing with some really annoying status effect enemies and enemies with strong counter moves.

I feel like I missed a lot too from not using some of the classes or not developing others in certain ways. IE I haven't touched the elemental links on my Landsknecht at all. It was all physical/speed stuff. I will probably replay the game again eventually because of that. 120+ hours isn't to shabby for a $40 game!

I'm actually really tempted to rebuy only this time as a digital so that I can have an extra save file and then just have it on my 3DS all the time and bring a different game card with me cuz it hasn't left the 3DS in quite a while, heh.

Where's the KABOOM?! There was supposed to be an earth-shattering KABOOM! sigh delays...delays...

Algus

Sniper and Nightseeker definitely have different uses.

Binds restrict enemies from launching certain attacks. IE Head Binds a lot of time block spells. I actually found it fun to experiment with binds and figure out which ones blocked which attacks. I find Sniper to be an essential team member (my personal favorite) as there are several annoying enemies throughout the game you will need their accuracy boost skill for. As Sniper levels you can totally tweek out their critical hit rate and they can just do crazy damage.

The Nightseeker's general approach is to lay status effects on enemies and then abuse some big damage bonuses that they get while those effects are in place. To be honest, I didn't like this to much as I'd rather just get the damage from other units for wiping regular mobs and I found status effects to unreliable against bosses. I really like Nightseeker as a subclass though because there are some good skill perks and what-not. Also, my Nightseeker was AMAZING early on because I could control aggro with her so it gave me time to build up my fortress's defense instead of spending points on taunt.

Where's the KABOOM?! There was supposed to be an earth-shattering KABOOM! sigh delays...delays...

Spoony_Tech

Listen to everyone here Retro. We all have a passion for the game and believe all here finished it as well. The great thing about this game is there are many ways to play it! I've thought about how far I could get with just using one class before! Probably not very far! Glad you're enjoying it as I put over 140 hours into it. The price I pay leveling all players up across the board!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Man, I really should be playing this game. I mean, I've been checking this thread practically since the game came out, so it's not like I'd have any trouble or anything.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Noboty

I just lost my stylus, preventing me from drawing maps. Am sad.

Noboty

3DS Friend Code: 2793-1469-2823

Spoony_Tech

Noboty wrote:

I've got 2 of the ds holding cases from club nintendo and about 10-15 of them floating around the house somewhere!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Noboty

OldMan-Tech wrote:

Noboty wrote:

I've got 2 of the ds holding cases from club nintendo and about 10-15 of them floating around the house somewhere!

I have just come up with the idea to use a Mechanical Pencil as a substitute. Working a lot better than I expected it to.

Noboty

3DS Friend Code: 2793-1469-2823

Ralizah

Finally got back to this game today after an extended break. Completed a bunch of quests, explored all of the Echoing Library, beat the horrid boss (seriously, Cradle Guardian killed me, like, ten times before I finally smoked him), and am now exploring the Yggdrasil labyrinth.

It's nice to be back. I'm committed to beating the main story before moving on to anything else.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MasterWario

Ralizah wrote:

Finally got back to this game today after an extended break. Completed a bunch of quests, explored all of the Echoing Library, beat the horrid boss (seriously, Cradle Guardian killed me, like, ten times before I finally smoked him), and am now exploring the Yggdrasil labyrinth.

It's nice to be back. I'm committed to beating the main story before moving on to anything else.

I just beat that boss today...those annoying spin moves!

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Ralizah

MasterWario wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

I just beat that boss today...those annoying spin moves!

Oh god. I've been stuck on the last boss for like a day now. Heavenbringer makes the Cradle Guardian look tame in comparison! I'm resting all of my characters and rebuilding them for maximum effectiveness so I can take this guy out.

Edited on by Ralizah

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah It took me around 3 tries. I had more problem with him the second time then then the first. I much of just got a bit lucky! You should play a bit of the after game once you beat him but I know you have a ton other games to play!

MERG said:

MERG

@OldMan-Tech...how far have you gotten after beating it?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Spoony_Tech

@MERG I'm a good 10-15 hours into it. If you thought any of the regular game was hard its just gets much worse lol. Every fight you need to be careful!

MERG said:

MERG

@Tech...I'm think of giving this a little more time to fill until SMT IV arrives. I'll be careful!

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

MasterWario

@OldMan-Tech So I'm guessing you don't get to go behind the Waterfall in Windy Plains until after you beat the game?

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My Pushmo Levels

Spoony_Tech

@MasterWario Yes but don't expect to do anything back there for a while. The difficulty spikes quite a bit!

MERG said:

MasterWario

Hmmm...well honestly, I like the sound of that! This game is pretty awesome!

My Pushmo Levels

Ralizah

OldMan-Tech wrote:

@Ralizah It took me around 3 tries. I had more problem with him the second time then then the first. I much of just got a bit lucky! You should play a bit of the after game once you beat him but I know you have a ton other games to play!

Just power-leveled my guys up to the level cap and utterly wasted him. Started the post-game, retired all my guys, and have all new classes now. Dunno how much more I'll play at the moment, but it sure was fun!

Sorry, this topic has been locked.