Drinkbox Studios has revealed that Guacamelee! 2 will be bringing its sassy adventure to Switch on 10th December. To make your purchasing decision easier, the game is currently benefitting from multiple discount offers.
We first heard that Guacamelee! 2 would be hitting Switch when Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition stealth-launched on Nintendo's machine a couple of months ago. The date has now been firmly set, however, and those who already own Guacamelee! STCE on Switch can get 30% off Guacamelee! 2 for a limited time. If you have the first game and know that you'll be interested in the second, we'd urge you to snap up this offer while you can.
If you don't already own STCE but want to get in on that tasty discount action, fear not! Everyone else can still snag a 10% discount when buying the game before 17th December (taking the asking price down from £17.99 to £16.19).
If you're not clued up on the Metroidvania-style gameplay of the Guacamelee games, here's the full feature list for this latest Switch title:
- Drop-in 4-player local co-op for you and your best amigos!
- New upgrade system: discover “trainers” around the world to learn new skill sets for movement, combat, and more!
- All new areas. Explore from the Mangrove Swamp to Hell itself!
- Double the enemy types of the original, and a roster of eccentric new bosses!
- Electro-Mexican soundtrack, and more gorgeous visuals thanks to a fancy new rendering engine!
- Definitely no secret society of chickens that teaches you ancient chicken abilities!
Are you a Guacamelee fan? Will you be pre-ordering your copy with as much extravagant Mexican flair as your body can handle? Tell us below.