Tomodachi Life on the Rise in UK Charts

Posted by Darren Calvert

The quirky Mii-sim still has legs

The weekly UK game sales charts are in again and we continue to see a flurry of PS4/Xbox One blockbusters hogging the top slots. Sniper Elite 3, Watch Dogs and EA Sports UFC are enjoying their time at the top this week.

Tomodachi Life is showing great resilience and is in 15th place this week, a leap from 17th place last week. It would appear that word of mouth is getting out there in the UK about this quirky and fun Mii life-sim still.

Mario Kart 8 is now in 10th position, which is a slight dip from last week's 7th place.

Nintendo, with a relatively quiet release slate between now and September — in retail game terms — will no doubt hope to see these titles continue to mix it in the upper half of the top 40.

[via chart-track.co.uk]

Peach64

Peach64 said:

No idea how much MK8 sold this week as Chart Track only give the percentage drops for games in the all format top 10 and it's down in 13th on that chart.

TheWPCTraveler

TheWPCTraveler said:

I'm happy with Tomodachi Life still holding for a while to come. I'm looking forward to my social experiment with every one of my friends as Miis.

As for MK8, I'm not exactly surprised by it falling quite a bit. The Wii U still has wobbly legs in the UK, and I expect it to rise in the charts every time a new game comes out for it. Expect it back in the Top 10 when SSB or Zelda lands.

outburst

outburst said:

I'm pretty sure the Mii QR codes of NLife staff they handed last week has something to do about it. :D

Smooching

Smooching said:

Which reminds me, yesterday a friend of mine married to my sister, really disturbing, but hilarious. That's Tomodachi Life in a nutshell I guess.

Link506

Link506 said:

I NEED this game. And so does my sister. If only that sale of buy one get the second half off from Game was offered here in the US. :'(

Prof_Clayton

Prof_Clayton said:

Goooooo Tomodachi Life! :*
Maybe it'll hit the top 10 eventually... probably not but I'd love to see it happen.

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

I'd love to see a Wii U version of Tomodachi Life, even if it's an Animal Crossing Plaza style app without any real interactivity (I just want to see my Miis interact with one another on the big screen). :P

noctowl

noctowl said:

Ordered mine on dell.com....should get here in about 10 more days. Sigh..

AhabSpampurse

AhabSpampurse said:

@Smooching I got that beat, my daughter (9) married my best mate (33), and she is now expecting her first child. Both the wife and I are equally and significantly disturbed...

Aussiephoenix83

Aussiephoenix83 said:

I was in a shop yesterday here in Australia and they were sold out of it, you could only preorder for the next shipment. So word is definitely getting out there!