Shin Megami Tensei IV Soundtrack Released Next Month

Posted by Kerry Brunskill

Four discs crammed full of incredible music

Atlus has just announced that Shin Megami Tensei IV, which scored a fantastic 9/10 in our review, will finally see its wonderful soundtrack released in Japan on 26th February.

Even better is that this isn't some half-hearted "best of" or "selection" CD, but all 112 tracks spread across four CDs and wrapped up in a specially designed case (shown on the right) with a booklet containing liner notes from the composer.

The soundtrack is being published by Mastard Records (catalogue number: LNCM-1043~6) and will retail for ¥ 3,900 + tax, which is roughly £22/€27/$37USD - an absolute bargain for fans of the demon-filled dungeon crawler.

Are you looking forward to this release? Are there other 3DS games that you're itching to buy soundtracks for? Let us know in the comments below.

[via 4gamer.net, megaten4.jp]

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

Thats a pretty good deal for the ST. But I still wish there was a release date for the game in PAL regions (This is why region lock needs to go away).

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I guess NL should change the expected date to TBA from "Q3 2013 (UK/EU)" haha. Q3 has long passed & no SMT IV in sight, still. :(

GoombaJMR

GoombaJMR said:

@Thearnaud44 That was not the full soundtrack yo

I don't believe that CD from the collector's pack could hold 112 tracks

I also have the Collector's pack, so I know

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

I love the music CD that came with the game. I listened to it in the car for quite some time. I would love to have this.

Domon

Domon said:

Super excited about this! I'm a huge fan of OSTs and loved the boss music in this game so much!

Domon

Domon said:

@Thearnaud44 Dude, have you even looked at that CD? There's only 8 tracks in it, and only 1 is actually from the game (the other 7 are from other games in the series). It was just a little bonus for early buyers, not a full soundtrack.

FiveDigitLP

FiveDigitLP said:

Honestly, I get tired of these special editions that come with the "soundtrack" but then end up only being a sampler. It frustrates the heck out of me. At the very least, be open about it with your advertising.

I had this happen with Alice: Madness Returns, Bit.Trip Complete, and SMTIV to name a few. Though I don't really like most of the soundtrack, at least Solatorobo came with a full disc worth of music.

Sorry. Just had to vent.

Domon

Domon said:

@FiveDigitLP I don't know about the other games, but SMT4 was definitely open with their advertising of the soundtrack. When I preordered it, Amazon's product page specifically told me that it would only contain 8 tracks.

And it's not like they had to include any soundtrack to begin with. The article states that this OST will cost about $37, just like most OSTs, so it's not like you should just expect them to give it to you.