Wales Interactive Bringing Gravity Badgers and Master Reboot to the Wii U eShop

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Physics puzzling and first-person "psychological adventure horror"

While a number of titles are taking their time to come to the Wii U eShop, the list of those that are on the way continues to grow. It's emerged that Wales Interactive — which is based just outside Cardiff — is bringing two titles to the download platform, with the first due in the New Year.

First up is Gravity Badgers (first spotted thanks to Nintendo Everything) which is a physics-based puzzle game that promises over 130 levels, five boss battles, a "wicked soundtrack" and "rad graphics". Already available on PC, Mac, Linux and Android, this is due in the New Year — though Nintendo's site suggests a December release — and looks rather fun.

Next up is Master Reboot, an intriguing first-person "psychological adventure horror" title that's received plenty of praise for the PC version. It takes place in the "Soul Cloud", and looks like a fascinating exploration of character's memories set across 34 environments; it's pegged as "coming soon" to Wii U.

Do either of these catch your eye? Let us know in the comments below.

[via walesinteractive.com]

Related Games

SpinelessOyster

SpinelessOyster said:

Kind of exciting to see all these games coming to the eshop. I just wish they'd stop being on the horizon all the time and here for us to play.

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

Great! The more indies, the better! I absolutely love em!

Watches Master Reboot

THAT is a horror game I can get behind! Man, I can't wait for it!

Pichubby

Pichubby said:

wel,, master reboot looks terrifying, but interesting. id like to see more of the storyline.

Goginho

Goginho said:

Any Wii U exclusive content gonna come? So far, most of these indie games are already out for PCs and what not :/

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

@Goginho

Prepare to be disappointed than. Indie dveeloper's will be pushing multiplatform hard and either porting their old PC games.

So while you will have an exclusive game like 90s arcade Racer on Wii U, the dev's will probably port it too PS4 and Xbox One. Vice versa with developers who start with timed exclusives on the other two,

Were going to see a few exclusives but they're probably going to be second party or first party digital games.

Still i'm really happy to see indie games starting to come out on the eshops. I'm hoping we see the same adoption of the PSS and XGS.

Volmun

Volmun said:

Wow i like the look of that 1st person game! Gravity badgers dosnt intrest me mutch thow... looks ok id mabe pick it up but itl come down to price tbh - the 1st person reminds me of Bioshock and Portal seams like itl be intresting

Volmun

Volmun said:

*just curios is there enithing about TwoBrothers? Iv not seen enithing about that game in a long while

vattodev

vattodev said:

@Goginho That's because of the unity sdk. They spend very little to port these games, but they get a lot of stuff like gamepad, wii remote and dual screen with very little coding. So we are going to get a ton of indie games, old and new. Mostly old for now. The new ones are mostly from kickstarter campaigns.

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

I've been tempted to buy Master Reboot on Steam, so I plan on buying it on my Wii U :)

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Even with my eternal bias against first-person gaming, I can't help but feel intrigued by Master Reboot.

Jeremyx7

Jeremyx7 said:

@ricklongo If done correctly, First Person views can provide some of the very best ways to create engaging atmospheric gameplay. Sadly though, most of today's developers use it only for simplistic & repetitive cookie cutter game types. But when done right it can be awesome.

SkywardCrowbar

SkywardCrowbar said:

Everyone go look up Jim Sterling's Squirty Play (mini Let's Play) of "Master Reboot" right now. I am beyond excited for this coming to Wii U.

CureDolly

CureDolly said:

Of course there won't be many exclusives. If you were an independent developer, would you reduce your audience to a fraction of what it could be by restricting yourself to one system? But isn't it good that WiiU is getting these too?

triforcepower73

triforcepower73 said:

I don't typically play many FPSs, but Master Reboot looks pretty fun and awesome! And it actually has a varied color palette, unlike most other FPS games!

DiscoGentleman

DiscoGentleman said:

Master Reboot looks great. But I wish those graphics (sans the nice lighting) were better... it'd help the immersive experience. I'm sure I'll still enjoy it. Love that it has roots from survival horror.

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

That Master Reboot game looks gorgeous and interesting. Shame its reviews have been mixed, but I'd like to read a Wii U review when it comes out.

ToniK

ToniK said:

I'm horror all the way, so Master Reboot is a must-buy. I tend to like that kind of games even if they're flawed techically. It's good to be a gamer with all these awesome games :)

Henmii

Henmii said:

Master reboot looks interesting! Gravity badgers could also be fun! I like the logo, it reminds me of Thundercats!

64supermario

64supermario said:

I love the style of Master Reboot. Gravity Badgers looks like a fun game, but comes off with that iOS vibe, but heck shouldn't let that distract from a fun game.