DuckTales: Remastered Soundtrack "Deserves a Release Outside of the Game"

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Capcom Producer shares his hopes with us

DuckTales: Remastered arrived on the Wii U eShop in North America on 13th August, with the European release set for 15th August, so gamers young and old have a chance to revisit one of the most iconic games to grace the NES. It created a lot of buzz when in was announced earlier in the year, of course, with the reveal trailer making a point of using the catchy theme tune from the original.

The music is a major part of the title's appeal, so the prospect of a soundtrack release is certainly exciting. It's not outwith the realm of possibility, either, as Capcom Producer Rey Jimenez has told us that it's something he'd be keen to see.

I definitely hope so. The music in the game is outstanding and deserves a release outside of the game.

We also asked Jimenez about the how the title is aiming to attract younger gamers that may not have been around for the original.

What made the DuckTales cartoon so memorable were the characters and the adventures that they went on. In lieu of watching the cartoons, we’re hoping that the addition of the voice acting and story exposition will help kids connect with the characters and fall in love with why DuckTales is so widely loved.

Check back later today for the full interview, while our review also creeps closer.

Toodles

Toodles said:

I'd be all over a soundtrack release. I did find the game slightly underwhelming when I played through it yesterday, but the soundtrack delivered in spades. Some truly excellent music, both the old tunes and the new tunes alike!

Joshers744

Joshers744 said:

Loving this game so far. Just curious though, how do you listen to the old music? I'll probably still have the new on most of the time, but I want to check it out. Is it unlockable or have I just not found how to turn it on yet?

SanderEvers

SanderEvers said:

Well it's quite easy actually. If you purchased the PC version you could just extract the fsb files it comes with :p

fsb files are FMod sample banks, just like zip file containing audio files. With free to download tools you can easily extract these files and get the mp3 (or wathever format) from them.

keynote

keynote said:

Yeah, so I'm probably going make a lot of enemies.
But I tried the start stage and the amazon. But it wouldn't let me play like it's ment to be played.
I just turned it off, I couldn't handle the talking within the game. It looks great but after the third coin I know it already. Let go off my hand and let me walk alone. The original was epic. So I turned that one on and played it like the remastered should have been.

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

"Ducks! Yes, ducks in outer space... from the Disney Afternoooooooooon... TOOOOOOOOO THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!"
(quoting Brentalfloss)

SanderEvers

SanderEvers said:

Well, I just used Audacity to loop that track for 10 hours. It makes it easier that the fsb extracting tool also shows between which samples the loop comes. Just select that and use the "Repeat" plugin and you can make it as long as you like.

But if you're an AUDIOPHILE you might want more than that.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@keynote I think the same really. Things that are fast and precise on the original you just have to slow down completely. It has loads of health replenishment items but it needs them because you cannot play it properly.

The Music is good.

Castle of Illusion looks better. (Although I never played the Megadrive version only the Master System one).

Splat

Splat said:

You can easily skip the talking and cutscenes it's not a big deal at all.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I have to say the remix of these beloved songs are just perfect. I have only played Amazon and Transylvania and so far Transylvania is my favorite. I can't wait to hear the Moon level.