Mega Man 6 Up Now on the 3DS Virtual Console in Europe

Posted by Rory Cocker

Gotta run, gotta run now!

Classic NES platformer Mega Man 6 is available to download now from the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console in Europe.

As is the norm for eShop releases, Rockman's 1994 adventure was originally scheduled for release this Thursday, but seems to have been released early in celebration of the 'Mega Man Special' currently featured on Nintendo's online store.

During Nintendo's E3 Direct broadcast, we learned that the man in blue had secured his spot in the illustrious roster for the upcoming Super Smash Bros. game, and this downloadable version marks the first ever release of Mega Man 6 in Europe.

You can download Mega Man 6 from the European Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console now for £4.49/€4.99.

berenlazarus

berenlazarus said:

On fire! My second post that is the first comment on an article.

As far as Mega Man 6, yea! Doesn't this mark the first time Mega Man 6 has been released in Europe? I'm still waiting for MM6 to be released on the Virtual Console. It's ridiculous that they've never released that yet.

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

Doesn't this mark the first time Mega Man 6 has been released in Europe?

According to the article you just commented on, yes. ;)

Samus06

Samus06 said:

I still don't understand why this never made it to the Wii virtual console. Hopefully it comes to the Wii U VC as well as MM 7 and X3.

berenlazarus

berenlazarus said:

Yeah, I didn't read the whole (short) article, obviously :) But really, this game is a lot better than 4 and 5.

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

Sorry but Mega Man 6 was not as good as some of you thought it was. To each his or her own when it comes to what they think about this particular entry but I was disappointed after I bought, played and beaten this NES game back in '94.

Tethers

Tethers said:

I want to play it on a big screen, so MM6 as a Wii U-VC-title would be far better for me...

Henmii

Henmii said:

I downloaded it on 3DS e-shop, but I rather had it on the Wii! Besides, the controls feel weird!