Notion Games Reveals New Name For Wii U eShop Title Super Ubi Land

Posted by Orla Madden

"Same game, now with extra vitamin E"

Last week, we reported that developer Notion Games was in the process of changing the name of its upcoming Wii U eShop title, Super Ubi Land.

Notion Games had been exchanging emails with Ubisoft, in which the company objected to its current name — issues seems to have been the possibility of brand infringement and confusion to gamers. We've had quite a few readers tell us they were under the impression that Ubisoft was in some way involved, but this obviously isn't the case.

The studio revealed through Twitter that a name has been settled for the platformer: Super Ubie Land.

Ubisoft is quite happy with the name change, so now all the commotion can be brushed under the carpet.

What are your thoughts on the new name? Let us know in the comment section.

[via nintendoeverything.com]

PvtOttobot

PvtOttobot said:

mmmmmm, still reminds me of 'Ubiesoft', game doesn't look good to me anyway so I don't mind either way

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

It's a good thing Ubisoft are much more attached to the letter 'U' than the letter 'E'!

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

I was certainly expecting a more radical name change, but oh well: LONG LIVE UBI..E!

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

What a strange name change. I was looking forward to a totally different name & its exactly the same as before just spelled slightly differently. As long as Ubisoft approves, I guess?

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

I thought the point of the title change was to come up with something innovative that wasn't a blatant rip off (they'll say inspired by) of Super Mario Land. Oh well.

Kirk

Kirk said:

The new name's not too bad.

I possibly would have told Ubisoft to f*ck off in the first place but this is a decent compromise I guess.

I personally might have called it Super Uber Land ©.

I now officially reserve the right to use that name myself.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

As some other people have already said, I thought that they would choose a more radically different name. I guess they didn't want to stray too far from the game's original name.