Psychoz Interactive Becomes Wii U Developer, Announces Forgotten Memories

Posted by Lee Meyer

Indie dev brings survival horror to the eShop

George Paz of Psychoz Interactive took to Twitter to announce that the indie developer is now an authorized Wii U developer and will be bringing its upcoming survival horror title, Forgotten Memories, to the eShop. Paz expressed interest in becoming a Wii U developer back in March. The game, which is being developed using the Unity engine, is also in development for iOS.

Paz enthusiastically declared:

Nintendo has been very supportive of independent ("indie") developers since the launch of the Wii U. One of its key strategies has been the licensing of the Unity engine, which has allowed for developers of all shapes and sizes to bring content to the Wii U eShop.

Are you excited that another indie developer is working on the Wii U? Let us know in the comments section.

Note: The screenshot is from the in-development iOS version of Forgotten Memories.

[via twitter.com]

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

It's beginning to feel like half the games on the Wii U will be survival horror games.

kentray1985

kentray1985 said:

We need more survival horror games, tired of all these same ol predictive shooting and action games!

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

The Wii U, up to now, looks like at least will take the crown from the Xbox for indie game console (not including computer of course). I'm not really sure if it will win big third parties in the end, but with awesome first party support and indie eShop games will at least make it survive.

EaZy_T

EaZy_T said:

If this is the same game I saw a gameplay video here on NL today, then yay :)
I have enjoyed a lot of the indie games I've played, so I'm all for more to fill up the eShop with variety.

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

Forgotten... memories? Doesn't that sound a little unremarkable? Kind of like that DS game from way back when with the subtitle "Memories of the Past". It's like, you know... duh?

Oh, what's that, a new developer? Oh yeah, sounds cool. :)

HeatBombastic

HeatBombastic said:

I've never really experienced much indie games before the Wii U. I cannot stress how wonderful these games are.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

THIS is exactly what will make the Wii U great for me. Bring us all the Indie Horror games!.
I may actually start emailing Kickstarter projects such as Among the Sleep to bring their games to the eshop.

hcfwesker

hcfwesker said:

ZombiU felt like the long waited "rebirth" for old school survival horror, in my opinion. Hoping this one can have that same impact. Definitely looking forward to this one and glad it's been officially announced and coming to WiiU