Airship Combat Title Guns Of Icarus Online Could Be Flying To Wii U

Posted by Damien McFerran

Kickstarter goal successfully reached, Unity build means a port is possible

Muse Games has revealed to us that it is considering porting its title Guns of Icarus Online: Adventure Mode to the Wii U eShop.

The game recently passed its Kickstarter goal of $100,000, and because it is built using Unity, a conversion to Nintendo's machine should be relatively straightforward.

We spoke to Muse Games' CEO Howard Tsao about the possilbity of a port, and this is what he had to say:

I haven't gone through the dev application process yet, but I think I'm going to, especially given the level of integration with Unity. I don't have a time line yet, as we'll still be working on improving the game and with ground work on Adventure Mode. But hopefully in the coming months, we can fit some time in for application and development work.

The game looks very promising indeed, and would be a unique title for the Wii U. Is this the kind of thing you'd like to see on the console?

[via kickstarter.com]

RedRocBoy

RedRocBoy said:

Yes really hope they can get it done cause it looks awesome. This and that other RTS game looks sweet.

Raiko

Raiko said:

Really impressive. Would love to see this appear on Wii U. It looks quite unique.

Ultra64

Ultra64 said:

Mod this into Skies of Arcadia~ :-) Just kidding...it does look pretty neat.

CrabGats

CrabGats said:

Okay, let me put this out there. I played this game at a friend's house and it is sooo fun. You do not understand how badly I'd love to see this ported to Wii U.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I didn't know it until I watched the kickstarter video (linked to in the video above). But my lord that game seems perfect for me :D Guns of Icarus Online: Adventure Mode, where I can either play with or without others (my preferred method of play) to complete missions between towns & such in an expansive world... I would love to play this game on Wii U :D I know it'll be a long time away but I'll definitely keep watch for this game.

Captain_Toad

Captain_Toad said:

(stares at trailer at amazement and drools)
My goodness this is (drools shorts out the keyboard)

TheXboxHero

TheXboxHero said:

This is a bit old. Nintendo Enthusiast posted this news about 2-3 weeks ago, so no big surprise there.

arderin64

arderin64 said:

Seen the words Icarus & Wii U together and got very excited about an Uprising sequel. However this also looks amazing.

T1m1

T1m1 said:

Yeah gotta admit this game looks pretty great and would love to play it on Wii U

MegaWattsAdmin

MegaWatts said:

The only thing I would hope for if they did bring the game to Wii would be the integration of team chat. Having played it at Eurogamer last year, it strikes me as a game where communication is pretty important.